Lululemon pants

Nader

Reaction score
http://lululemon.com/

Walking around my university (University of Western Ontario) you'll see many girls wearing these lululemon pants (some even have lululemon handbags, which I am not so fond of) that unfortunately, sometimes are tucked into Uggs.

Anyway, I was in toronto shopping and I always noticed the lululemon store on bloor st, but never cared to go in. I went in this time and decided to try on one of the mens pants (which I never thought existed) and let me tell you- they were unbelievably comfortable, and they actually looked so nice.. so I bought them (they were $67 CDN which isnt too bad).

They're supposed to be for yoga or 'active lifestyles', but I am neither active nor would I ever attempt at trying yoga, but I enjoy them because they feel like theyre not even on when I wear them :smile:

Have people in your area been wearing them too?

Yes, and they're insanely overpriced for my budget. I actually do take yoga and was searching for some clothing, so I stopped in. Like fourty dollars for a top, at the very least. Totally ubsurd I thought, as well as being against the tenants of yoga itself... There's another store on Bloor Street if you're interested. Considering that it's neighbouring stores are Holt Renfrew, maybe, it definitely says something.
:sick:

never heard of them ...but i LOVE their manifesto... :blush: :heart:

Lululemon's (the pants) are TAKING OVER the streets of Toronto, I swear. If you've ever gone to the store near Yonge and Eglinton, you will see the swarms of teenage girls with their Uggs and Louis Vuitton handbags who fill the store. It's crazy. They look comfortable, but because they've become such a trendy item, I'm totally turned off. Another company that makes similar stuff is TNA (haha, the name is SO appropriate, i know). I'm soo not a fan of that style.

Same here... blech. :yuk: Totally overdone, I can't wait for the trend to be over.

i don't understand...which style are they wearing?... :unsure:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 7 2004, 08:30 PM
Same here... blech. :yuk: Totally overdone, I can't wait for the trend to be over.
[snapback]422291[/snapback]​

hehe it's funny you say that...for some reason Toronto always struck me as being ten steps behind New York in terms of trendiness. :P

btw, i'm not attacking toronto, and definitely not attacking you (i like your style!) just sayin...in general i don't think that city is too fashionable.

Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 7 2004, 08:44 PM
hehe it's funny you say that...for some reason Toronto always struck me as being ten steps behind New York in terms of trendiness. :P

btw, i'm not attacking toronto, and definitely not attacking you (i like your style!) just sayin...in general i don't think that city is too fashionable.
[snapback]422305[/snapback]​
:lol: Oh, it's totally not. No one gave me the option of living here though...

I don't see anything that special. They're workout pants. You can get the same from Capezio, et al. Heck, you can get similar from the GAP and from Target.

They're not hideous or anything, but I can't see myself flipping cartwheels over them, or paying money for them, for that matter. $80 US$. Yoiks!

I don't spend $80 on anything clothes-wise except maybe a pair of shoes or a new winter coat.

yeah am so sick of lululemon pants. So many people here (Queen's) wear them and that kills me a little. It's very much about being trendy. and the bags? wtf? Also, dislike the tna versions.

Originally posted by LesYeux@Nov 7 2004, 06:25 PM
Another company that makes similar stuff is TNA (haha, the name is SO appropriate, i know). I'm soo not a fan of that style.
[snapback]422283[/snapback]​

I HATE TNA clothing! Everyone here and their grandma's (literally!) are wearing those stupid tracksuits with fake LV/Coach/Fendi bags and Nike Shox Runners. BLEECHHH!!! :sick: :yuk: :sick: :yuk:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Nov 7 2004, 09:46 PM
I don't see anything that special. They're workout pants. You can get the same from Capezio, et al. Heck, you can get similar from the GAP and from Target.

They're not hideous or anything, but I can't see myself flipping cartwheels over them, or paying money for them, for that matter. $80 US$. Yoiks!

I don't spend $80 on anything clothes-wise except maybe a pair of shoes or a new winter coat.
[snapback]422356[/snapback]​

I don't get it either... the groove pant is cute, the little stripe around the hips is unexpected... but to consider it a trend? I wouldn't even be able to tell if someone had 'LULULEMON' pants on... they just look like exercise pants to me...

I always smile when I see so called yoga clothes like this - be they by lulemon or nuala or anyone else.

My yoga teacher has banned 'yoga pants' from her class. The wide leg means that she and her assistants cannot check the position of your legs and knees, to make sure your form is correct. Incorrect form can mean injury. She requests we wear more unfashionable bike shorts.

Also did anyone ever take a class where shoes are allowed? I didn't -so what is the point of yoga shoes?

Trendy or otherwise, I'm wearing em because they are damn comfy and look nice :smile: You probably wouldnt know I was wearing them unless you asked me or saw the logo (the logo is pretty inconspicuous on my pants)

Originally posted by As You Like It@Nov 7 2004, 10:46 PM

[snapback]422356[/snapback]​
actually if i recall correctly.... my capezios were kinda pricey :blink:
aaaanyway...yeah, i'd agree they don't look like anything special... at $80 tho... they'd better be top notch quality. still not for me tho

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 9 2004, 03:54 AM
actually if i recall correctly.... my capezios were kinda pricey :blink:
aaaanyway...yeah, i'd agree they don't look like anything special... at $80 tho... they'd better be top notch quality. still not for me tho
[snapback]424237[/snapback]​

Yeah, I don't buy Capezio pants, either. Firstly, because I don't wear that kind of pants outside the house or dance class, and secondly, because they are too expensive.

I did buy a pair of Capezio tights for dance class, and while they were expensive, they've lasted me three years and counting. I had to replace the elastic on the waist, though, because it was really itchy!

I've also seen people wearing them around U of T. From what I see the fabric is different from other sweats, and that's probably what makes it so comfy :smile:

Oh and I also love the manifesto on their site, quite inspiring!

I do yoga too but I just wear my workout clothes. I don't even have my own yoga mat :P

Couture_Whore is right, everyone wears TNA here! And that's surprising cause I think it's only available at Aritzia, which doesn't have that many stores...

I have some trousers a biit like them for my haiffa (hope thts spelt right) yoga class !! thats all though id never wear them out anywere !!!! My instructer always shouts at me for them but i dont care they are comfortable !!!

luv ya

tiamaria

xXx

ps. WHo ever asked about yoga shoes they are banned in my class too

im seein soo many lululemon pants too!! I dont know where they came from..id get some but their much to trendy for my taste....i can walk down the hall at school and see about 20 girls wearing their pants..i even saw a girl whose always had pretty incredible fashion wearing a lululemon jacket..which wasnt soo bad..but still. its becoming way to trendy/

I'd pick it over uggs anyday. At least this one is fuctional (in the sense that it's comfy) AND looks nice (in the sense that it's not hideously ugly, which is where the name uggs came from if you don't already know)... It sucks that because it's becoming trendy that some people get turned off to it. It's sad to me how everyone is trying their hardest to be as individual as possible, to the point where they won't wear something because it's liked by many. If it's ugly, of bad quality or overpriced, which 67 canadian isn't really (I definitely wouldnt buy a 40 dollar shirt from there or pants that are more expensive than what I paid), I can see why they'd choose not to. I asked the lady at the lululemon store why I never see guys wearing it and she said it's because they think its just a girl store, and/or that they think they'll look less macho if they're wearing something more associated with femaleness... I'm rambling again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->