M Le Magazine du Monde March 2024 : Mona Tougaard by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Best thing (in fashion, 'cause in visual arts, discovered a dead painter that was ah-mazing...) I've seen today.

Just grand. Even if nothing special. Just that spark. A little thrill in a world that seems to live well without it. Except me and a couple other dirty minds.

I've seen this point raised elsewhere - have fashion editorials in general suddenly improved for March, or is it because Vogue's content has become so unrewarding, that our focus is now firmly on all these other publications who have been making an effort to do something?

Off topic (sorry ) Which one? I am addicted to finding new artists to explore every day.
James Ash, he was living in some log-cabing in Minnesota (if I'm not mistaken) woods. When he passed in 2021, his daughter, a folk singer, made his work public (even making a book with it or trying to). Was really among the best art things I saw lately, like squeezing my heart and turn it into some kind of second-hand origami...

Worth a glance, anyway and at least.

I've seen this point raised elsewhere - have fashion editorials in general suddenly improved for March, or is it because Vogue's content has become so unrewarding, that our focus is now firmly on all these other publications who have been making an effort to do something?
Wild guess: a bitter bit of both?

Sure, Vogue downgraded its own standard purposedly. But, while others try and try (and try again, and even if it's not easy, why not trying it again?), there remain(s?) some hidden gems here, and sometimes there (hope no one get me started about Tush magazine or such!). The wild thing is that I would have been pleased with this story even in another world. Or let's put it clearer: last decade or the previous one.

Marcus, whatever the f*ck you are thinking there, please stay with Mert, if this is the result. The vibe and poses are a nod to their early and mid 2010s and I am so here for that. I miss so much when they were glam, but there was a lot of sex and some weirdness to everything going on, there is a glimpse of that here.

Mert & Marcus' Greatest Hits! I am most pleased to see them return to form and produce such a great story at a time when most established photographers appear to be having mid-career crises.

That second cover works better for me. Edgy youth was never my favourite Mert & Marcus theme, but when they put effort such as this into it, it works wonders! All we need now is for all these wonderful supplements to invest in better paper!

Love this. Mona looks great and nice to see Bibi Breslin photographed differently. Maybe the breakout star of this season.

This is almost a copy of their full Italia vogue youth issue in 2017 I believe. But this is nice.

This is giving major Alasdair McLellan vibes. M&M is more saturated. Funny how D and M magazines are doing great editorials outside the biggest fashion titles. Newspaper sups are keeping fashion alive.

Oh, I remember both this kind of story for Vogue Italia October 2015, the Youth Issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->