Vogue Paris August 2014: Anna Ewers by Mert & Marcus

^^^ With Mert & Marcus, everything they've done has already been done before. They obviously love fashion, but their entire career is an homage to fashion photography of the past.

Are they ever going to inject Divesity in this Magazine?

Nothing against Anna, but there are much more derserving models, like my Puerto Rican Princess Joan, who is the current #1 model in the world and still hasn't had a chance to cover Vogue Paris?

Are mixed-race models and other models of colour not allowed to have a cover?

Are the people in Paris and France really that racist?

Or is Emmanuelle Alt the racist one?

I use to think she was really cool, relax and down to earth, but I'm not sure any more.

Enquiring minds want know?

all these recent M&M "special issues" and shoots, they all look the same to me. be it for VP, W or LOVE, they all seem to blend in at the end of the day. it's not exciting anymore.

Couldn't agree more...

Nothing against Anna, but there are much more derserving models, like my Puerto Rican Princess Joan, who is the current #1 model in the world and still hasn't had a chance to cover Vogue Paris?

I use to think she was really cool, relax and down to earth, but I'm not sure any more.

While I do not disagree with you that diversity in terms of the cover subjects would be appreciated, it is dangerous to start throwing around the word racist.

It isn't as tho no models of color have been featured in issues under Alt, nor is it a fair argument to make as the same could be said for plenty of other fashion magazines that don't even have models of color on the inside of the magazine.

Previews

Carolyn Murphy by Patrick Demarchelier
03_712294396_north_880x.jpg

vogue.fr

Sasha Pivovarova by David Sims
05_781895161_north_880x.jpg
06_940207496_north_880x.jpg

same source

An article on Juergen Teller
04_955421396_north_880x.jpg

same source

What has Sims (and the hairstylist) done to Sasha?

So far only Anna's ed looks appealing.

For a second I thought Sasha was Charlotte Free
The content looks fresh

It's surprising to see Suzanne contributing for this magazine & turns out she's been positioned as their fashion director since April. This edition is her debut! ^_^

We're all for diversity but your assessment is borderline. No reason to jump to 'racism'-conclusions. Please be careful when stating your opinions, some nuance is appreciated.

And please, nobody is 'entitled' or 'deserves' a Vogue Paris cover. Oh and Joan is hugely overrated, since we're at it.

I think that Carolyn and Sasha´s eds look very interesting. I can´t wait to see all of it :smile:

The cover looks eye catching, but it's because of the colors, I'm not a big fan of it but it looks descent. Now, Carolyn Murphy looks great, she doesn't seem to age now does she?! She looks and poses always in the best way possible, I really like her. What have they done to Sasha's hair?? It looks SO SO sooo awful!!! Come on it's VOGUE!!!

love Sasha's ed preview! the third shot is amazing

Sasha and Carolyn previews look very interesting! Can't wait to see the full content! :flower:
And I also want to see Anna's ed in it's full glory! :woot:

The Sasha's story is flawless :heart: & also the Carolyn's is great too.

The cover has certainly grown on me over the past few days. My only complaint at first sight was that Anna's eyes looked black and almost shut. I seen someone's snap of the cover on Instagram and it looked stunning, very eye-catching and vibrant. You cannot fault the text placement, colours and composition.

I cannot wait to see Carolyn photographed by Patrick Demarchelier. Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele belongs at Vogue Paris! :heart:

Isn't it the first issue with Suzanne Koller as fashion director?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->