Mad Men

i loved it too. :heart: and no matter what happens or how hard i try....i just can't seem to hate Don. clever, clever writing.

I loved the episode. Definitely my favorite one of the season. I hated what Ted did to Peggy but it shows that he's not that similar to Don after all. The parts about Pete's mother were so strange and confusing. Can someone explain what actually happened there? I'm not sure I got it entirely. I think it's interesting where Don ended in the episode. He started the season reading Dante's Inferno and we saw him spiraling and losing his cool in very un-Don ways and then the end seems a bit optimistic. Can't wait for next season. Hopefully we get more Joan and Roger in the last one.

I love it when they get so serious with Don´s character, the Hershey´s scene was really powerful imo... also the last scene with his kids in front of the house he grew in.

do we have to wait two years for the next season? anyone knows when is it coming back?

The Hersheys scene was one ofe the best scenes I hae ever seen. Im not moved by much these days but that really got to me...

The parts about Pete's mother were so strange and confusing. Can someone explain what actually happened there? I'm not sure I got it entirely.

show creator matt weiner has given a number of interviews this week to salon, the daily beast and slate. i would suggest reading them.:flower:

I think the season started slow, then got amazing then ended slow again. But I think it's because they were setting up new storylines for the next season. After last seasons finale, I had high hopes for this one.

If anything, the whole season can be summed up as everything's falling apart for everyone except for Joan. God how much I hate Bob Benson, I though I hated Pete Campbell but now I just feel sorry for him, he's so stupid and lame.

I am also not a fan of Bob. People say he's like Don - well, to me Don's most striking quality is his brilliance....can't say I've seen more than malice and conmanship from Bob.

And frankly....he suggested a person to Pete....that person turned out to murder Pete's mother. Pete is pissed off about the terrible referral (who wouldn't be) and Bob takes the opportunity to humiliate him so that he's off Chevy. Is that even remotely justified or normal? No, it's the behavior of a sociopath. Not even the death of Pete's mother can make Bob feel enough empathy for him to just shut up and take the blame that so rightfully is placed on his smarmy head.

I think Pete was really wrong in not telling someone about Bob's history. Frankly, I guess that is the most idiotic point of the story so far...Pete's assertion that because Don lies and is brilliant and handsome, Bob would also be brilliant....like...why would that be...all handsome liars are also brilliant?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Men last season to be split into two parts... with fans made to wait until 2015 to see final episode

Mad Men fans will have to wait until 2015 to discover the fate of flawed protagonist Don Draper.

U.S. network AMC announced on Tuesday that the final season of the show will be split into two parts, with the final episodes airing in 2015.

The first seven shows will air in the U.S. next spring under the title The Beginning, according to The New York Times.

Then the final seven programmes, entitled The End of An Era will be shown in 2015, although the entire 14 episodes will be shot all at once by creator Matthew Weiner.

'We plan to take advantage of this chance to have a more elaborate story told in two parts, which can resonate a little bit longer in the minds of our audience,' Weiner said in a statement.

The decision to split Mad Men in two follows in the footsteps of AMC's show Breaking Bad which enjoyed higher ratings and a huge buzz among audiences after being separated into two instalments.

'This approach has worked well for many programs across multiple networks, and, most recently for us with Breaking Bad which attracted nearly double the number of viewers to its second half premiere than had watched any previous episode,' AMC President Charlie Collier said in a statement.

'We are determined to bring Mad Men a similar showcase. In an era where high-end content is savoured and analysed, and catch-up time is used well to drive back to live events, we believe this is the best way to release the now 14 episodes than remain of this iconic series.'

However, unlike the Bryan Cranston series, fans of Mad Men will have to wait a full year to learn the fate of their favourite characters.

via dailymail.co.uk

So basically they've added another season to the show, hopefully they will be better than the last one.

So basically they've added another season to the show, hopefully they will be better than the last one.

Well the key thing here is that it was AMC's decision, not Matthew Weiner's to split the show up. It's basically dragging it out for another year which I guess means more ad revenues for them. It remains to be seen whether it will serve the story or not.

^ Just like what they did with Breaking Bad. Don't like how AMC's dragging out these shows.

Season 7 Promo Poster:

“There is a dreamlike quality to it, and believe it or not, it is related to the show, and not because it’s psychedelic,” said [Mad Men showrunner Matthew] Weiner, dressed appropriately for the period, with a buttoned-up suit vest but also a bright pink patterned tie. “That’s not what it’s about. What it’s about is the material and the immaterial world, and that’s what I loved.”

Did the imagery hold any clues to the season, beyond Don Draper’s affection for women and drink? Mr. Weiner, known for being unforthcoming with plot details, said, “This is related to the late ’60s, which is all I will say about it.” He added, “It maintains the idea that this is somehow going on in Don Draper’s mind, which is what the story is always about — and what the back of his head is about, on some level.”

nytimes.com

I watched on and off a few years ago, but haven't watched the last season and a half because I wanted to start from the beginning. Am currently almost done with season 2. I LOVE Jon Hamm as Don. I really enjoy seeing the fashion and styling on the show. I get confused though, it seems that sometimes between seasons, storylines jump around or questions are left unanswered... or is it just me?

*Bump!

Anyone been watching the final episodes? We need to discuss!

Oh god the last one KILLED ME! At first I was really mad (spoiler:(about Betty's diagnosis but that letter at the end was all kinds of amazing and brave. It cast her in a new light, though I must admit I always liked the character.
Can't wait for the finale now...though I don't want it to end!

^I don't like what they are doing to Betty either but at least the show is ending anyway. It would be different it were some other time during the seasons.
But she really did have to be strong to write that letter. I can't wait to see how Don will react to the news.
I feel really bad for Sally :( boys as well, but mostly Sally.

The time jumps sometimes throw me for a loop, Don going on the road like that got me confused for a while LOL
It's like Betty is the poster child of the show, you do that, this is the consequence... I feel bad not for her but for Sally :(

Given all the smoking they do on the show it was almost inevitable that one of the characters would be hit with this diagnosis.

I'm really enjoying these last few episodes. I like all the subtle and not-so-subtle references back to the start (like Rachel Menken reappearing).

But it's sad as well. As each episode ends I keep wondering if that's the last time we'll see that character. I will miss it loads. The final one doesn't air in the UK until next Thursday. I've still got no idea how it will end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->