Maison Martin Margiela Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

This collection feels like he really did not even try:( I am disappointed by this.

Well... I'm sure we'll see some of these one pieces on Lady Gaga!

And knowing her... JUST one of the one-pieces. :yuk:

I dont like it, it looks cheeeeap and tacky :/ Especially that first "piece".
It looks like he walked into a room, looked around and thought... ah what can i use to make an outfit?

***In response to all of those TFSers refering to this "him", just know Martin Margiela has given all and full credit to the "Maison", or the house that works under his name. As for this collection. You could see the ingenuity completely gone from the clothing at the menswear presentation. His spirit is gone, they are simply recycling looks. The lai coat seems like a rehash of the garland coat.

I like the red jacket. Still not HC.
I just can't say anything positive or negative about this. Because i don't consider this collection "HC"

Yeah the fur coat is great.
The rest isn't very nice . . I don't care how ironic it is.

***In response to all of those TFSers refering to this "him", just know Martin Margiela has given all and full credit to the "Maison", or the house that works under his name. As for this collection. You could see the ingenuity completely gone from the clothing at the menswear presentation. His spirit is gone, they are simply recycling looks. The lai coat seems like a rehash of the garland coat.

has he stepped away from his house? i noticed that in the menswear as well.

^ It was kind of suspicious when they showed a restrospective show for S/S 09.

And a book is coming out as well personally I think he is gone

am i the only who finds this very safe for an artisanal? it's very lovely but seems to lack that typical mmm spark as a whole. and i know this is recycled but i've never known margiela to recycle looks too.

NO you're not alone!

my thoughts exactly... "Haven't I seen this before?"
It's not awful... i do like some of the pieces... but change it up a little! zzz...

^hahahahaha

one of "her" designs though
I don't know perhaps i'm judging the collection a bit harshly but I was kind of excited for margiela this season :(

where's the innovation?

wow.

this is one of the biggest disappointments regrding fashion i've ever felt before. martin margiela has deffinitely left the building.

Completely conceptual and unwearable yet It's always refreshing to see something like this, mmm always remains me to college fashion design students....

This is actually sad, not what i expected from Margiela, i like the fur coat, but man this is so insipid!

not to keen on the first item. looks like something to find at a car wash!
but the other pieces are quite nice. especially the red dress with the spots.
i agree it is 'safe' and does suggest MM has truly left but onward an upward i say. one end is a new beginning.

does anyone have any specific notes about each piece? what they are made from? etc?

that would be appreciated.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->