Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

Ahem. coming from an underage gay boy that wears makeup,

I personally love it....but with a big BUT

I can't stand the full makeup thing. (i.e. Lipstick, eyebrows, gloss, shadow, etc etc etc.)

Personally, i love the "bare" thing for guys....

(I reccomend anything by nars, or the bare minerals set, as it's tres lovely for my young skin. I've used that sh*t with my mom for like 2 years! Nars i use only when i have a date or something....it gives me this ethereal look of amazing skin.)

Even some bronzer is nice for guys who naturally aren't brazilian male models! lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

-Michael

The other day I checked out the Gaultier stuff at Sephora, they didnt have anything but the bronzer which I found to be a tad orange. I recently picked up the MAC bronzer (it has a touch of glitter in it, Im too lazy to get up and look) it looks very natural.

I think its neat when guys wear makeup at like events such as like concerts but not so much everyday but I think it is a neat way for a guy to express himself

hey

okay. im a 17 year old male (gay) and my ex got me hooked onto make up. It started off as just eye liner and then it sort of escalated from there. Ever since i started wearing it i just dont feel complete if i dont put anything on. If im lazy ill just put on eye liner and foundation but if i know im going out ill do the whole 9 yards mascara, eye liner, foundation, eye shadow, lip gloss ect. all my girl friends always complain because they say i primp to much but hey i say what the hell. i enjoy doing it and thats all that matters. they all come to me for make up tips and to borrow my make up since i own more then all of them combined. and im usually the one dragging them to get manicures so i find it pretty funny but we live in a society where women are expected to wear make up and men are supposed to be "rugged" and not supposed to do that kind of stuff. its funny

It's okay, most male celebs wear make up on the red carpet anyway. If it's something light like that, then it's okay.

i think it's okay if it's not too much...but that goes to females as well...

face makeup is absolutely fine with me...foundation (less is more), concealer, powder on guys...great! perhaps even bronzer!

eyeliner looks hot if you can pull it off

but imo..coloured eyeshadows (green, purple, blue..etc), long luscious lashes and pink/red lipstick/gloss is going a little too far to me...
maybe it's because i prefer a 'stronger masculine look'

but to each it's own, if you feel confident and comfortable wearing makeup, by all means wear it because as they say, "confidence is beautiful:wink: "

I wear make-up, not for the sake of wearing it but to even out my skin tone. I have some blemishes from acne that I am uncomfortable with so it helps.

Other than that nothing else on a daily basis. Although sometimes I do use eyeliner and black eye shadow for parties and such... Nothing too over the top :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see more pictures on this thread from those who do wear make-up.

My extremely masculine athletic boyfriend totally borrows my concealer when he has a pimple. I think thats so cute :P But I don't think too many guys can pull off visible makeup- although on some guys with the right style and attitude it looks really cool.

Visible make-up NEVER looks good. NEVER.

I'm a straight male, but I have no shame in mixing a tad of concealer in with my moisturizer or using concealer directly on red spots. I take good care of my skin, that's it. That's the farthest it should go.

Recently, I was at Sephora and the guy who helped me had so much make-up on it was insane, his face was completely powdered and concealed up, with lots of eyeliner. It looked horrid. Not to mention he had a squeaky voice and walked like a woman. :yuk:

I wear it seven days a week. I wont leave the house with out it. I use Studio Fix, Kryolan concealer, brow powder, lip balm or gloss, sometimes lipstick, sometimes a neautral shadow, blush or bronzer and mascara. I'm addicted.

*Sighs deeply at the sight of a queen doing it's "Mating" Walk* Oh! And for those of you that wanted to see men in makeup, check out the new pics i have on my myspace (it's the pics with me in a white and blue polo, as well as my main pic)

Personally, i think the only way men should wear makeup is to give a bare look. Come to think of it now, everyone should do a 'bare' thing. You know? It's so amazingly pretty!

(Myspace.com/poorkitty) (Also, i use Bare Minerals, An i have super oily skin in case you are wondering, with the occasional touch up of MAC Pressed Blot Powder)

BabyAnimal said:
If you are my beloved gay boys, it's fine with me.
You look gorgeous and why not?

But it's the whole other different story when it comes to straight men,imo.
I would NOT go out or fall for any straight man who wears makeup.
Men have to be somewhat rugged and nonchallant about their appearances, which I find more appealing than plain "trying too hard" attitude.

Moisturizers and after-shave creams are ok though.

exactly

I use foundation almost everyday, unless I'm just staying in all day...

Sometimes I use eyeshadows in brown and natural colours, sometimes black. I love it! I've gotten several comments on that it suits me. I use eyeliner occationaly, but I prefer the soft and smoky-effect of eyeshadow more.

Here's a man who looks great in make-up.
Ville Valo!

B0002ZMIY4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
"*Sighs deeply at the sight of a queen doing it's "Mating" Walk*"

Don't knock it till you try. If I want to wear even more than that--I WILL! BTW, what the hell is a mating walk???

Lol! i have no clue!! i'm not putting you guys down!!! (i love the queens! heh, i've had my moments.) more makeup to you! more men should wear it......and i know that the makeup companies don't mind...more $$$$$$ for them :wink: (Oh! and if you want a more "natural" bronzer, try to go for Laguna from NARS it has less sparklies then the other!)

Magne please post the sources for the pictures in post #135 and #139 as it is tFS policy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->