Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

I wear makeup, just a touch of Touche Eclat everyday and that's all. I used to be such a fagela and cake that crap on, that was like two months ago.

^ That's too much work for me, dear. Besides looking like plastique is tired. Now it's all about 70's raw sexyness.

^ I don't look like plastic, I just love that perfect smooth look that the right amount of foundaiton and powder can give.

Let me add this, I like makeup on a guy to look natural. EXCEPT, if he is wearing eye makeup, and then I don't care if it is noticable. I mean, eyeliner is supposed to be able to be seen, lol. I HATE bright blush on men.

Look at Alejandro here, he is so amazing looking with his makeup on. Very handsome :smile:

I do not mind males with makeup AT ALL. Invisible makeup (tinted moiturizer, groomed eyebrows, lip balm, concealer) are utterly FINE, I can not understand WHY some people aer agianst it.
In my city, at the MAC counter downtown, there is a guy, tall and slim, short hair, with full makeup (rosy lips and cheeks, purple eyeshadows, fake lashes, foundations, sheer top). Use him as an example, I do not even mind guys in makeup to that extent.... Maybe it is all because of my makeup artist background....
I just find makeup another way to express, just like clothes. For example: people in my school finds bubble skirts hilarious, odd, strange; yet it is a cliche for fashionistas. Makeup is just another field.... parallel ideology.

All the men that work at MAC do thier makeup terribly. Blush and gloss are too much, eyeshadow and lashes...I cant even talk about.

^I just don't get it; if they are supposed to be selling makeup, don't they want to look nice and not like a drag queen? I mean, they could still wear all that on their face, just toned down. You know? Like I said a couple of times before, eye makeup is okay if it is noticable on men. Blush is never okay if it is bright on men, EVER.

^ It is a complicated matter, but you have to remember, Makeup Art Cosmetics is not about looking natural and pretty. Their style or vibe is p*rn star/drag queen. They have Pamela Anderson, Christina Aguilera as spoke perons, what do you think? Their latest VGV glam lipstick for Aids foundation ad campaign were four p*rn stars! They do not care about looking natural, every sales person must have makeup loaded on.

When I worked in cosmetics, I wore the same face everyday. Concealer, Studio Fix, a little mascara and gloss. I no longer work in cosmetics, but I out on the same face daily and most people just think I have really good skin(which I don't) :smile:

Why not weekly facials, microdermabrasions, etc? I am all for adrogyny, TRUST ME, but i am not too fond of makeup on a male's face. Especially men with bumps and zits.

i just use a concealer for occasional facial imperfections & under the eyes when looking tired, and a matifying blush for evening outings. i also have eyeliner and the lash thingie (sorry i don't know the english term) but i never use them. all are from JPG, and i think that is the key to looking natural as that make up line is made for men and is therefore very subtle, with 2 to 3 tone variations that suit natural male skin tones. even the lipstick (i've tried it in store) is pretty subdue and my gf couldn't even notice i was wearing it until i told her..

i definitely recommend males check out this line who to my knowledge is the only make up line made for men.. it makes you look "even better" but without anyone actually noticing that you are wearing anything extra.

and btw, the dior homme dermo line is not makeup, just moisturizers and anti-age bla bla bla gels, very nice products with very nice packaging imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->