Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

oh dear I havent been in this thread in like forever.

thanks for using me as a reference, a positive one surprisingly :lol: I really appreciate it.

my take is that, if the overall look works, do it. This is my issue with men that wear makeup, or heels. From the body frame, body language, to wardrobe and hair, it all has to work together, in order for it to look in harmony and not as a disaster.

Miami is still a big population of cubans and black people that are all macho and against homosexuals, but I have never had a problem with anybody, at least to my face, about my makeup use. The heels, that's so two years ago :lol:

so yeah, don't be looking like an Abercrombie guy w/ pink polo and baggy ripped jeans n flip flops, and wear tons of bronzer and clear gloss and attempt to get away with it, cause you're gonna get a tomato thrown at you...from me.

This goes way deep than just wearing some makeup and being able to pull it off, majority of men that wear makeup do such a terrible job, they look like drag queens ( I went through all of those phases and found the perfect balance) or just excessive looking, not flattering makeup, to make a statement "oh im here im queer" where the whole thing is just to enhance your look. Its majority that's putting a bad word on us

Ale, dont you work for Dior? Do you know about Dior Homme products? Comments, concerns, opinions?

^^Don't remind me, Ale, of those stages in the beginning of application. I remember when I thought wearing foundation meant going trough a bottle a week and wearing mascara meant applying about 27 coats. We all learn from our mistakes, don't we?

'Cept eye makeup. Now that being noticable on men I don't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some guys look handsome with eyeliner/mascara. Like make-up for women, as long as it is highlights a person's feature in a subtle and natural way, I don't see anything wrong w/ men wearing make-up :smile:

Diorling said:
Ale, dont you work for Dior? Do you know about Dior Homme products? Comments, concerns, opinions?

I quit Dior just two months ago, after five years, it wasn't worth working for the company, but that doesnt change my love for the line.

Anyway, I think the DH skincare is only available in France isn't it?

I have not heard anything really about it, Dior beaute is very very separated from Dior clothing, we dont hear anything about the DH line as well as the clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@~PinkCouture~@ said:
I think some guys look handsome with eyeliner/mascara. Like make-up for women, as long as it is highlights a person's feature in a subtle and natural way, I don't see anything wrong w/ men wearing make-up :smile:

exaclty, guys in black eyeliner is hot....really, really, hot.

i'm glad i found this thread.i've always used a simple foundation for my skin, almost no one knew i was wearing anything at all. i was in mac with some friends last week and i saw this poster (i'll post it) and it looked so hot i had to buy the bronzer. i would never wear the lipstick, but who doesn't love golden brown men?maccosmetics.com

I wouldn't mind if a man applied some concealer or whatever. The point is that I'm not supposed to know about it, and I don't want to know about it. So it's none of my business. Just like I don't want anyone looking at me and thinking about my makeup.

However, that's just personal preference. I don't want to vomit if I see a man in a lot of make-up. :lol: It's just not my kind of man.

In all honesty I'm not comfortable with men using makeup. It just doesn't look right. I think men should draw the line at man purses lol.

but if someone (guy) is wearing make up and you can sort of tell but arent sure but you actualy can tell.... it's the same as if it's smeared on heavy.
I mean if you're going to wear makeup.... it's got to be something you're 'ok' about: as in others seeing you're wearing make up. Or else dont wear it.
ale is 100% correct.
And I have to say most women dont do a very hot job with the whole makeup thing either.... usualy pretty bad.

I have to say, men or women that can wear makeup well look pretty hot.

Interesting.

I personally dont like my men in makeup. But I have been known to wear a bit of concealer or foundation if my skin is freaking out. But people can't tell I have anything on.

Ale - what line are you working for now?

Um!!! I've worn makeup like everday for like....ever. and despite the silly gay phases you go through wear you wear like covergirl foundation that's 6 shades lighter than you and you think eye concealor will go on your whole face (dont ask....i pretend like i've ben a pro forever) The art of makeup has gone a loooooong way for me. In all seriousness, my ego has actually sort have been blow up since wearing makeup, i swear i can't go a day without someone at work telling me how they wish they had skin like me.....Even thought i DEF would not wear bronzer, blush, lip colors eyeshadow......(ha i'm much to pale to pull those off). I settle with a touch of liquid foundation to even things out, and mac studio fix as a concealor cause' i think it really does make things even better. My foundation of choice? Chanel Double Perfection Fluide Or Compact. Both are awesome and worth the price, and go nicely with my semi-oily skin.

And Ale, i agree on miami, i live in Fort Lauderdale, and if it wasent for the fact that i could care less.......these macho hispanic's would kill :D

but if someone (guy) is wearing make up and you can sort of tell but arent sure but you actualy can tell.... it's the same as if it's smeared on heavy.
I mean if you're going to wear makeup.... it's got to be something you're 'ok' about: as in others seeing you're wearing make up. Or else dont wear it.
ale is 100% correct.
And I have to say most women dont do a very hot job with the whole makeup thing either.... usualy pretty bad.

I have to say, men or women that can wear makeup well look pretty hot.
I know, you have to make sure that it is something you look good in. Like me and blush, I hardly ever wear it because I honestly just don't need it for my skin. Now, mascara, I NEED mascara....and foundation, and desperately at that.

I don't condone it. Too much makeup is clearly a bad thing (what's the idea of looking like a tranny in broad daylight, w/o the tranny clothes?). But I like the idea of having perfect skin, and when needed, a little bit of help by a foundation wouldn't hurt noone. I especially learned that, when taking photos, having good makeup on the face and mean worlds and worlds of differences between pictures.

I also like to use Touche Eclat #1 in the inner area of my eyes. It can really instantly make you look more awake and fresh than without. And even I OD'ed on it, haha. God, that was a lot of wasted money....

i was in sephora last week and i almost bought the jean paul gaultier liquid bronzer. i am so obsessed with bronzer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->