Makeup Rants

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by loonaka, Jan 19, 2010.

1. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

Ever bought or tried out a product that really did not work out the way you'd expected or not the way it said it would?

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread where people could post products that they're not satisfied with because of whatever reason.

I don't know if we have a thread like this already since tFS didn't allow me to do the search:(:doh:

2. anissa imane

anissa imane New Member

diorshow blackout mascara. i can't remember if it was the waterproof or not, but it clumped a lot and dried up in the tube pretty quickly compared to the regular stuff. i don't think it made my lashes look any better either!! argh.

3. hautechild

hautechild New Member

Haha yes, I can go on a Diorsow rant too...

I bought it because everyone was talking about how amazing Diorshow mascara was and I got the worst smudges from it. But ok, it smudges but it made my lashes look good so I thought I'd use the waterproof version instead.

It smudged :angry:

How does a waterproof mascara even smudge?!

And I've resented Diorshow ever since.

4. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I was disappointed with Diorshow too... It flaked and smudged, but I did love how black-black-BLACK it was.

5. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

wow should we just rename this thread to the diorshow mascara rant thread? :rofl: I have the same problem actually with that mascara, but it gives me amazing lashes..tho I'm not sure if it's worth it yet..

6. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

The Shu Uemura eyelash curler:
    It's not about the job it does on my lashes, but the fact that it's almost impossible to get new refills makes it unpractical, it's almost like you have to buy a new curler when the pad gets old...

7. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

^You didn't get a refill with yours? That sucks.

I've been using my Shu Uemura curler for a few weeks now, and I really don't like it. It doesn't really curl my lashes at all... It kind of makes my lashes stick up like a right angle. It also plucks off several of my eyelashes while I'm at it. I REALLY prefer the Shiseido curler so much more. It's cheaper and works better.

8. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

Thanks I'll quote you on that one in the Rave thread^^ I got refills but I've missplaced them or something..lalala..haha

9. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Benefit "Georgia" - was bright orange on my skin :rofl: I wanted a lovely peach flush, but no such luck!

10. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

There is this thread : Products Everyone Loves And You Hate!
    maybe the two could be merged ?

Benefit Eye Bright - a no no if you wear contacts..as it will transfere unto the lenses presto :doh:

11. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

It's not really the same tho IMO..

Sephora makeup brushes
    they get so stiff that they hurt my skin..

#11 loonaka, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by moderator M_ONE: Jan 21, 2010
  12. amazingGrace

amazingGrace New Member

I have to rant about 'Georgia' as well, although for the exact opposite reason...i too wanted a lovely peachy flush but the darned product didn't show up on my skin!! I'm quite pale so i have no idea how yours ended up bright orange and mine didn't even show up, but it just seemed like it was missing any pigment whatsoever!!

Another Benefit rant is Benetint...the product itself is cool but i hate hate hate the packaging, it's so cumbersome and the brush is ridiculous, i feel like i'm painting myself up like a clown because that brush seems to make the product dry in streaks on my cheek. The pocket size is much better but i don't want horrid sticky lipgloss with it :yuk:

Also HATED Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes...what a gimmicky let-down!! I mean, it wasn't the worst mascara i've ever tried (that title goes to Great Lash!!) but for the price and hype I was expecting so much more.

13. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

OMG :lol: I really really HATE Great Lash! Worst product ever IMO.

14. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

All dior eyeshadows, they'll smolder even before you've touched them with your brush

15. amazingGrace

amazingGrace New Member

oooh i love the dior eyeshadow palettes - some of the best i've ever used! Haven't tried any mono shadows but i imagine them to be the same. I always find it funny how makeup can be great on one person and completely crap on another!!

16. December_25th

December_25th New Member

Shu Uemura eyelash curler - does NOT work for me. Ugh. It's impossible to create a natural curl and it doesn't reach my end lashes. Maybe it's the shape of my eye :(

And it's not really a product rant but I hate when you discover a beauty product and fall in LOVE with it and it gets discontinued/out of stock or places stop carrying them entirely. I just found out Sephora is no longer carrying CARGO, after I just recently discovered the amazingness of their Medium Matte bronzer and Catalina blush :(
    I live in Vancouver so I'm not sure of other places that carry CARGO. Sigh.

17. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

Sephora brushes, & the Toofaced leopard blush horrible products

18. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I know what you mean..like one shots..I always fall in love with one shots and then I never see it again:doh:

19. Jennyfer

Jennyfer New Member

CoverGirl's LastBlast Mascara
    For some scary reason, this cult-fave made my lashes curl the OTHER way! Very strange. Maybe I applied it wrong, or too much but I haven't worn it since.

[​IMG]
    Covergirl.com

20. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

what?? that sounds scary!!!!!!