Makeup Rants

loonaka

Reaction score
Ever bought or tried out a product that really did not work out the way you'd expected or not the way it said it would?

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread where people could post products that they're not satisfied with because of whatever reason.

I don't know if we have a thread like this already since tFS didn't allow me to do the search:(:doh:

diorshow blackout mascara. i can't remember if it was the waterproof or not, but it clumped a lot and dried up in the tube pretty quickly compared to the regular stuff. i don't think it made my lashes look any better either!! argh.

Haha yes, I can go on a Diorsow rant too...

I bought it because everyone was talking about how amazing Diorshow mascara was and I got the worst smudges from it. But ok, it smudges but it made my lashes look good so I thought I'd use the waterproof version instead.

It smudged :angry:

How does a waterproof mascara even smudge?!

And I've resented Diorshow ever since.

I was disappointed with Diorshow too... It flaked and smudged, but I did love how black-black-BLACK it was.

wow should we just rename this thread to the diorshow mascara rant thread? :rofl: I have the same problem actually with that mascara, but it gives me amazing lashes..tho I'm not sure if it's worth it yet..

The Shu Uemura eyelash curler:
It's not about the job it does on my lashes, but the fact that it's almost impossible to get new refills makes it unpractical, it's almost like you have to buy a new curler when the pad gets old...

^You didn't get a refill with yours? That sucks.

I've been using my Shu Uemura curler for a few weeks now, and I really don't like it. It doesn't really curl my lashes at all... It kind of makes my lashes stick up like a right angle. It also plucks off several of my eyelashes while I'm at it. I REALLY prefer the Shiseido curler so much more. It's cheaper and works better.

Thanks I'll quote you on that one in the Rave thread^^ I got refills but I've missplaced them or something..lalala..haha

Benefit "Georgia" - was bright orange on my skin :rofl: I wanted a lovely peach flush, but no such luck!

Benefit "Georgia" - was bright orange on my skin :rofl: I wanted a lovely peach flush, but no such luck!

I have to rant about 'Georgia' as well, although for the exact opposite reason...i too wanted a lovely peachy flush but the darned product didn't show up on my skin!! I'm quite pale so i have no idea how yours ended up bright orange and mine didn't even show up, but it just seemed like it was missing any pigment whatsoever!!

Another Benefit rant is Benetint...the product itself is cool but i hate hate hate the packaging, it's so cumbersome and the brush is ridiculous, i feel like i'm painting myself up like a clown because that brush seems to make the product dry in streaks on my cheek. The pocket size is much better but i don't want horrid sticky lipgloss with it :yuk:

Also HATED Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes...what a gimmicky let-down!! I mean, it wasn't the worst mascara i've ever tried (that title goes to Great Lash!!) but for the price and hype I was expecting so much more.

Also HATED Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes...what a gimmicky let-down!! I mean, it wasn't the worst mascara i've ever tried (that title goes to Great Lash!!) but for the price and hype I was expecting so much more.
OMG :lol: I really really HATE Great Lash! Worst product ever IMO.

All dior eyeshadows, they'll smolder even before you've touched them with your brush

All dior eyeshadows, they'll smolder even before you've touched them with your brush

oooh i love the dior eyeshadow palettes - some of the best i've ever used! Haven't tried any mono shadows but i imagine them to be the same. I always find it funny how makeup can be great on one person and completely crap on another!!

Shu Uemura eyelash curler - does NOT work for me. Ugh. It's impossible to create a natural curl and it doesn't reach my end lashes. Maybe it's the shape of my eye :(

And it's not really a product rant but I hate when you discover a beauty product and fall in LOVE with it and it gets discontinued/out of stock or places stop carrying them entirely. I just found out Sephora is no longer carrying CARGO, after I just recently discovered the amazingness of their Medium Matte bronzer and Catalina blush :(
I live in Vancouver so I'm not sure of other places that carry CARGO. Sigh.

Sephora brushes, & the Toofaced leopard blush horrible products

And it's not really a product rant but I hate when you discover a beauty product and fall in LOVE with it and it gets discontinued/out of stock or places stop carrying them entirely. I just found out Sephora is no longer carrying CARGO, after I just recently discovered the amazingness of their Medium Matte bronzer and Catalina blush :(
I live in Vancouver so I'm not sure of other places that carry CARGO. Sigh.
I know what you mean..like one shots..I always fall in love with one shots and then I never see it again:doh:

CoverGirl's LastBlast Mascara
For some scary reason, this cult-fave made my lashes curl the OTHER way! Very strange. Maybe I applied it wrong, or too much but I haven't worn it since.

lashblast_mascara_1.jpg

Covergirl.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->