Male Model Height Requirement

thats what my science teacher told me. lol i was going to try it but I never really got around to it :(

oh LOL..

well, my teacher told me women grow until they reach 17, men grow until they reach 21.. hope thats true..

thats not sexist is it? I hope not

tahiklalatte said:
oh LOL..

well, my teacher told me women grow until they reach 17, men grow until they reach 21.. hope thats true..

thats not sexist is it? I hope not
Why would it be? It's like saying that women tend to live longer. It's just statistics and health observations, and there's nothing sexist about that!

yep, thats it! kool, I thought bout that too, but I thought sum1 might misunderstand me and the problem begins...

yeah.. anyway.. is that true?

oh, I got this thing my friend tried, he gained like 10 cm ( +- 4 inches i think ),

but im not sure if thats true, its like a device thingy and sum exercise..

does an ultra-calcium milk wud help?

I'm so glad that someone actually started a topic about this subject. Too often I think we're all fooled into the allure of the 5'10" - 6'0" female model, all the while heights are normally cheated by agencies and most girls are way shorter. However it seems that the male model has not yet reached that luxury. I agree though that clothes will always drape, and wear better one someone who's tall and skinny.

My problem is that I know my face is totally high fashion, as a couple agencies have said, but my height is definitely limiting. I'm only 5'9" but also only 135lbs (which I'm hoping to get down to below 130) before I start looking for agencies again. I wouldn't put myself through this if I didn't think I had a shot, I guess I just have to find an agency that believes that too. After all, shouldn't someone be looking for the male Kate Moss or Felicity Gilbert. Anyhow, I'm half Italian, half Lithuanian so I've got an interesting and striking look. Does anyone have a recommendation of good NYC agencies that I should start sending pictures to. I know that Click is an option since one of their guys, Ambrose, is about my height. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do agencies look for in hair? It seems like most male models have very straight hair? Is this an important factor in their decision making?

<-- From an ex-aspiring model. Now an aspiring designer.

To put it clearly:
If you are under the height requirements there is little if any chance you will become a successful fashion model. When modeling you have to fit into the clothes properly; its all about the clothes, not you. If the outfit looks awkward because you are too big or too small, they will not bother tailoring. It's easier to get another muse who does fit the bill.

Just remember, there are tons of guys that fit the strict requirements, what do you offer that the rest don't?

I'm not trying to break anyones dreams or aspirations. I wish I could be a model, but unfortunately I know I don't fit the rquirements, and calcium pills won't help either. :(

.. I hope I didn't sound too harsh!

TourniquetMX said:
<-- From an ex-aspiring model. Now an aspiring designer.

To put it clearly:
If you are under the height requirements there is little if any chance you will become a successful fashion model. When modeling you have to fit into the clothes properly; its all about the clothes, not you. If the outfit looks awkward because you are too big or too small, they will not bother tailoring. It's easier to get another muse who does fit the bill.

Just remember, there are tons of guys that fit the strict requirements, what do you offer that the rest don't?

I'm not trying to break anyones dreams or aspirations. I wish I could be a model, but unfortunately I know I don't fit the rquirements, and calcium pills won't help either. :(

.. I hope I didn't sound too harsh!
No! not at all, that's just the fact init? nothing's wrong with telling the truth :flower::flower: even tho i'm a lil bit disappointed, but whatever :rolleyes: there's still life outside modelling anyway :wink::innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't give up yet! You're only 16. You still have plenty of time to grow.
One thing is for sure, the average model cannot rely completely on modeling. Make sure you keep your studies as your #1 priority. :flower:

isn't it sad..that the fashion world fabricates this idealistic plastic doll like image where you have to look a certain way...have a certain height...i mean its ridiculous... how can we ever generalize people....we should be celebrating diversity and not treating models like mass made hangers.

Models are hangers, thats exactly what they are meant to be. The focus is the clothes, not the models.

Models are mere props to the designers inspiration.

TourniquetMX and yourbestfriend have very valid statements, modelling seems like it is very hard business that many people want to get into, but few actually do.

yep, thats so true, I always thought like 'why do they have to be tall and good looking and stuff', but that is modelling I guess, ppl always want perfection, even tho they know that there are no such things :rolleyes::lol:
and I still am want to be a model :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no idea about male models, but usually for women runway models should be no shorter than 5'9 and no taller than 6'0, but of course there are a few exceptions if your face or whatever is exactly what they're looking for

I'm 5'11 and a guy.. I could easily model... But I'm scared I'll be the shortest guy EVERYWHERE. Which is off putting. Sad :-( I'm going to grow more though, I just turned 15. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->