Male Model Height Requirement

IN NEW YORK TO BE A MALE MODEL HEIGHT IS TO BE AT LEAST 5'8'', IDK WERE THEY SAY 5'10'' IS BAD. NOT ALL MODELS ARE ABOVE 6 FEET TALL SO U DO HAVE CHANCES TO GIVE WHAT U GOT ALSO HOW IMPRESSIVE YOUR PICS ARE IN YUR PORTFOLIO.

BAM!!..do u think i have potential???...
kib3wKQAEKEhIqOS.jpg

and yes i do have all the right requirements!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is good to hear in some ways. I'm 21 and have been interested in modeling for a while now, but have been scared to do so due to my height (5'9.5"). I'm an Asian-American male... do you guys think this may play a factor at all in my potential to become a model? Are there many Asian males in the modeling industry at all? Just wondering... thanks for any input.

it would probaly help you if you did not look like the normal asian like you have a unique look to you. I want to model and that probalby the one thiing going for me, i dont look or dress like all sterotype of a black guy

Any advice??? I'm just curious, because there seems not to be very many Asian-American males in the modeling industry...

Acid said:
this is very true......

i was at a missoni retrospective show last month and BOTH of the male models in the show were shorter than me and im 5'11.5......and on their cards it said they were 6' / 183cm........which was a BLATANT lie

AND they were both with storm.........so it just comes to show :innocent:
Oh my...

A male model has to at the least be a min. of 5'11''-6'2'' MAX tall (sometimes they take 6'3'')

As a matter of fact designers use male models that are 5'11'' tall to do their catwalk shows as well.

when i went to mode they measured me, at 6'2.5" and they said that was a great height, but this is canada, i am really thin though, jeans dont come smaller than 28 so i really dont know my size but my shulders are really broad, so a thin waist with broad, shoulders i hope it works out becuase i am eventually going to new york for some go sees, i could post some pics if you guys want, i guess my look is pretty typical for my heritage, yasmin warsame also has broad shoulders with long limbs, and thin waste, thats somalia if you are wondering.

sure i will post some pics soon, keep an eye out, i will take your reaction as a good thing since i am not lying, and you wouldn't car if i was telling a fib.

aaaaahhhhh i hate my spelling, that was "care" sorry about my spelling.

Acid said:
:buzz: i know bill!!! he tried to make me grab a bottle of vodka at the storm party cause he couldnt reach :rofl: im not even kidding
yes he is TINY.......smaller than 5'9 IMO actually......i would say more like 5'7 or 8 :ninja:

but seriously......some male models are ABSOLUTELY CLUEEEEEEELESS!!!!
i met this guy called Luca from italy who said he was 6' and he was more like 5'10 at the VERY MOST

some friends of mine who do the dior homme show say there are boys there no bigger than 5'9

you know when you meet a guy who's height is as it says on their card cause you are suprised how tall they are.
ie: Fernando brand is a TALL guy......he is 6'1 and there is absolutely no doubting it

but people like boyd who say they are 6'1 also.......please.....more like 5'11 or 6'

pfft and still you didnt scout me, i hope they told you off a lot now lol
yeah kat (the main woman that scouted me - you know obviously) said it was fine that i'm my hight but it would be better if i was taller but who cares.

ot but yeah will you take me to pick my pictures up that josh booker seems to be avoiding me

oh yeah and the storm website lies about all the models hights lol i thought kate was 5 6 or something not 5 8

i also think that as much as height is important your look and how u coem out in ur portfolio is more important. Thats why the agencies can get away with adjusting the height of some models on their comp cards. If a casting agent saw 5'8 however impressive the model looks they may have to give the 6ft model a higher priority but when the height is slightly pushed fwd, then the model may get the chance to be seen in person and mayb impress in other ways. One important thing though is the face and body since we dont have alot of make up to make the face more interesting. Many models I ve seen have toned, athletic or very skinny bodies.

Mr. Fabulous said:
is there a difference between runway models and advertising models??

i believe that just like in women's modelling in men's there's a difference depending on what aspect of advertising ur talking about. High fashion adverts and runway probably take the same requirements but the more commercial adverts may need more normal and very attractive near perfect people. The runway/high fashion advertising is more tolerant to the more unusual looking models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->