Male Models: Men vs. Boys

Fade to Black said:
BTW who's that guy, I think his name is Jack he's a model for Dior Homme, the dude with the long hair and unibrow?

he looks so bizarre in real life, when i first saw him i actually couldnt tell if it was a boy or a girl. he has the smallest face ever, its kinda creepy, he will make the ugliest old man in the world

minasdecobre said:
Jack Brennan?

yeah that's the guy! Wow I love the styling in that picture!

Acid yeah he's not really handsome in the traditional sense...and now that you bring it up I think he will look pretty strange when he ages.

I'm sorry but almost none of the mentioned look at all like boys, I go to a school half full of boys, that is not what a boy looks like. Besides, this may have escaped some people's attention, most women who can afford a designer dress are over thirty.

i like the boys.

i especially like the near-death, emaciated, heroin-addict, waif ones.

dior homme :heart:

jack brennan is amazing. i wonder how many of those guys are anorexic/bulimic..

Urban Stylin said:
actually the boys may spend more than the men all those heir, young actors...

Agreed. Highschool boys especially will spend big bucks to look good. Sure they might not be buying a full on suit but what about the expensive shirts, pants and sunglasses? There's a huge market for the males in their teens and early 20's in the designer fashion industry.

I think Jack Brennan is absolutely beautiful. He looks like he has an eating disorder for sure though. Stuffs his beautiful mouth and....:sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a wonderful business stradegy. Why not make your company look younger and fresher with a young boy on the runway or in an ad campaign. I do not want to see a 30 year old walking the runway, it just is not appealing.

i think it depends on the individual model, but i have to admit that i mainly like the older male models. does anyone know how old paul stiell is?

Heroin_Chic said:
But we should not forget that we already have 3 "Boy Topmodels": Boyd Holbrooke, David Smith, Alexis (-forgot his lastname- the other Gucci guy :smile:) and I`m not sure how much space this Category has...is that deceided like "female buyers vs gay buyers"???

Even Boyd has been trying to show off a more "manlier" side now (If you've seen recent photographs) O.o

Me liked me the boys, models i think are more fresh

lol *goes off to work out to look more manly* >_<

Boyd for sure looks more manly now. He was really angelic and babyfaced. I can just imagine how frightening Jack brennan must look like in person. He has a beautiful face but I've seen photos of him where his entire ribcage is sticking out. Definitely one of the most waifish male models I've laid eyes on. A walking coatrack. :P

I think there is always room for both -sex looks better on the 'men' but clothes look better on the 'boys'. It is exactly the same with women. Jeisa Chiminazzo is a great fashion model whilst Ana Beatriz Barros is a great commercial model. There is room for both. I agree with Purple in liking the boys -but then I am in love with Pete Doherty so what do I know?

^^^^^:sick: pete doherty look dirty - like he hasn't washed for about two months.

To each their own. Pete Libertine is somewhat nasty. (lol) Model Rupert Smith (i think his name is) can be his little brother. You can tell by my forum name that I do love girly boys.:P Thin bodies, beautiful faces, very little muscle tone.

no...without a doubt bruce webber picks the best and hottest guys. I would love him to pick a guy for my next date. hehe

Attachments

• steven04.jpg
    steven04.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • steven20.jpg
    steven20.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 12
iluvjeisa said:
In print male models fail to make an impact on me. They either look like innocent slimy Bruce Weber models or are too buff or are too formal. Why isn't anyone doing the more bi-look? Rock star like? Why are there thousands of sexy rock stars and like 2 sexy male models?

Perhaps it's just that modeling is a female field and the poses, styling and make-up is adjusted to women and not to men.
So true. The vast majority of male models leave me cold. They either have boring, Ken-doll like faces and vapid expressions, or seem way too effeminate. No intensity, intelligence or edge. Santiago is sexy, though.

I like the boyish look. The kind of models Hedi and Jil Sander use(d). If I had my own collection it would be young boys I would put in the campaigns. I also find I identify with them more. I am a young, skinny, BOY and not some overtly masculine stud with pecs bigger than my head. Sex wise I would go with the men and not the boys.

I personally don't like models to be too young. They are ripped of their innocence. It is also kind of absurd to see the picture of a 13 years old and hear comments like: "Damn, I would do her/him!" I once refused to photograph with a 14 years old male model. forgodsake, I just wanted to yell "Go home to you mother!" There is no way I am gonna acting all sensual on him (even if it is just an act!). A man is a man, no matter how boysish they look. But some look like 13, it is scary! No wonder why there are so many obsession over youth. Older woman or man sometimes think of doing a young boy/girl as a proof that they are still hot and young. I mean, forcryingoutloud, there is beauty too when you are 30'. I prefer to look at woman in their 30'. They have that kind of cool, alluring confidence that hardly any 20' can match.

I like the boys more I think. No, I know.
But I don't really have anything except a handsome man model who is not all muscular and macho-esque, because these look just ridiculous and not very appealing.
PS: SiennaInLondon, I like Oete, too :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->