Models Vs. Celebs

Models vs celebs is like... espressos vs soy lattes...

celebrities get the cover of a lot. like gossip magazines, video/dvd covers, things for theirrrrrrr genre. it irritates me seeing celebrities on fashion magazines. especially since they are one personality. i think it was gemma or elise who said that they are not pretty faces but personalities, and ever cover and photo requires something different. for the most part i think celebrities only give the same over and over.

Models. If celebrities were intended to be on covers, they'd be called models, not celebrities.

:wink:

I'm torn... I like the mix now, though, Models AND Celebs (if they fit the bill)

finally- liya kebede is on the cover of vogue! a model! :D
cover_vogue_190.jpg

Models! (although I believe that there is a very slim possibility that the supermodel will come back the way that it was - that's the reason why the masses hate them in the first place - and that celebs are more relatable to the "peeps"

I like them both, but I'll buy the magazine depending on what's in it and who the model or the celeb is.

Models without a doubt
i got little butterflies in my stomach at finally seeing Liya on the Vogue cover

I just looked up a bunch of Vogue covers and there are more models than you'd think:
Carmen Kass
Vogue_Italia_cover.jpg

Vogue_Uk_Nov_cover.jpg

VogueAus_May00_cover.jpg

USVO_0100_Meisel.jpg
w/ Gisele
CarmenKass_CraigMcDean_VogueNipponSep2002.jpg

us_vogue_aug00.jpg

jp_vogue_mar04_cover.jpg

vogue2.jpg

thanks for your contribution lostgirl :flower:, but i think everyone is talking about how american vogue has, for years now, put mostly celebs on its cover... of the ones you posted, only 4 are american vogue covers, and one is actually a supplement :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->