Mark Almond 'critical' After Crash

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:o :cry:

mark almond in a car crash
British pop singer Marc Almond, best known for the song "Tainted Love" -- a global hit for his band Soft Cell in 1981 -- has been critically injured in a motorbike crash, police say.

Almond, 48, was riding as pillion passenger on the bike when it was involved in an accident with a car on Sunday afternoon in central's London financial district.

Almond suffered severe head injuries and motorbike driver was also badly hurt, police said.

from cnn

That is very unfortunate :(

Those motobikes are death traps. That it why I'm a nervous wreck every time my brother and boyfriend speed around in them.

I have a friend who had to have 18 surgeries on his face because he got into a motorbike accident.

They should be illegal.

god - how tragic. hope he makes a recovery.

oh dear...good thoughts coming your way Mark... :flower: :heart:

hang in there...!!!

thanks for the news lena...

apparently his condition is 'stable...' :heart:

last nite I went home and put on my old Soft Cell record and danced around the living room. I guess that's my way of "praying" he makes it through OK.
Does anybody remember how great that song "sex dwarf" was? I even found their other recording on a tape "this last night in Sodom" but it made that horrible screechy sound when I put it on.
:flower: sends flowers and hopes for a speedy recovery

Originally posted by purechris@Oct 19 2004, 08:49 AM
Does anybody remember how great that song "sex dwarf" was?
yes, i love that song.
have you heard dirty sanchez's cover? terrible!! :yuk:

when i first heard the news of this on monday, i was very upset and cried and cried.
i love marc and am a big marc and the mambas/soft cell fan... i wish him all the best and i'm glad he's doing better... i know he will make it :flower: .... it was very fortunate of him to be wearing his helmet whilst on that bike, otherwise he would've been killed.

:cry:

:heart:

Even though many don't know stars personally, it's always saddening to hear of something like this. Hope he makes a full recovery. :flower:

oh no. this is the first ive heard..... i hope he recovers fully

don't you hate how the news reportsw these things but never follows up with more info...

so frustrating...

chris...i remember sex dwarf...and my personal fave 'WHAT!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->