Max Azria S/S 10 New York

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
E9zN8.jpg

twitpic.com/anniebrat

2:05pm: Alright we're back in the main tent today for Max Azria Spring/Summer 2010. The tent is filling slowly as many return from lunch.

2:08pm: Some names on front row seats: Lucy Liu, Katrina Bowden, L Collins (?), Leigh Lezark, Tinsley Mortimer, Kelly Rowland...

2:12pm: Gold medal gymnast (and face of Max Azria) Nastia Liukin is the first to arrive to the celeb row. She's looking very blond and tan, like she stepped out of a poster on the bedroom wall of a teenage boy.

2:14pm: Mickey Rourke! The game has changed, people.

2:18pm: Paparazzi are going nutso! All we can see are flashbulbs and the tops of perfectly groomed heads.

2:22pm: Tara Reid just rolled in here. Mickey still looking scraggly as ever.

2:25pm: The security guards are kicking people off the runway who attempt to take photos of Katrina Bowden. She's not that major a character in 30 Rock.

2:26pm: We were just asked for our "runway credentials." Never heard that before.

2:27pm: Negotiating a path through the paparazzi is scary enough. We keep getting shoved into the laps of InStyle editors. Sorry, InStyle clan!

2:29pm: People around us keep calling this the "BCBG Max Azria" show. We wonder if they're at the right one, since BCBG was on Thursday. This is simply Max Azria.

2:31pm: Makeup for the show is being done by Temptu, who did the airbrushing for Mystique in the X-men movies.

2:33pm: It's starting! And we think we see Carine Roitfeld over there...

2:33pm: First look out is a white dress with cutouts that belongs in either an American Apparel or on Alexander Wang's runway.

2:33pm: Next, a blazer with cut-out sleeves and worn with no shirt underneath. So far everything is black & white.
2:34pm: Ooh! A change in color. Now we have gray, which goes with the program's statement that theme will be postmodernism and muted tones.

2:35pm: So many cut-outs! From our seat, we can see backstage, where hair is being smoothed and final rumples straightened out.

2:35pm: We're kind of digging this gray dress that's like a vest married with a sailor suit.

2:36pm: Now we're seeing metallic stripes. This feels...familiar. Cage motifs! Seriously though, how are MIckey Rourke and Carine Roitfeld in the same place at the same time? Fashion Week for you.

2:37pm: Gray watercolor-print dress just appeared.

2:40pm: Webbing and lots of sparkles. A dress with gold-edged cutouts and two white glittery dresses.

2:41pm: Last look is out! Finale in any second.
racked.com

the skirt in the 1st pic looks interesting...
but so far it looks a little too grey/black for a s/s collection

I love it. I think the palette is nicely subdued which I'm really into. It somehow showcases a woman's skin, her beauty.

It's a little boring. There's too much black going on this season.:P

wow very dullsville,the cuts arent anything new or even sexy and the color pallete is beyond boring. i liked the bcbg show 10x better

I was on the makeup team at this show and was able to see the clothes up close and they were very pretty. The cuts were interesting and the color palette neutral and wearable. Not my favorite show, but I did love some of the pieces. And I loved that the soundtrack for the show was The XX.

mmm i like the cutouts & quite a few of the dresses..that silver cut-out would be hard to wear, is it attached to the t-shirt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->