Max Mara Pre-Fall 2018 : Fei Fei Sun by Steven Meisel

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

PHOTOS TAKEN BY VOGUE28 FROM UK HARPER'S BAZAAR JULY 2018

I thought I would create a new thread for this campaign, since it looks completely unrelated to Kris Grikaite image we seen two weeks ago. Might be wrong but will just merge threads once more info on the campaign surfaces.

This indeed looks more like the previous campaigns.
Fei Fei is stunning but can't help being a little bit disappointed that it's not Kris.

Stunning! Perfect styling, perfect campaign, perfect woman...
Carine/Meisel is the perfect combo!

Very striking and dynamic! And I like the vintage element. This is what happens when two great storytellers collaborate. Why won't Carine sway Meisel to shoot for her mag?

I think Max Mara generally release two campaigns. One for the mainline, and one for accessories. Gigi always usee to get accessories and a much more younger and trending model the mainline (Cara, Faretta, Bella.) I'm guessing Kris got the main one (are you happy now, Anlabe? :wink:), and Fei Fei accessories.

I've been longing for a while for Fei Fei and Meisel to work together again. And this here is the dose I needed. Gorgeous shot!

This is a dream team whose result will never disappoint people:lol:

Please Meisel, an Only girl vogue issue with Fei Fei

Maybe this is actually the main campaign, looks like the others, and Kris's is for mid season (like Gigi and Bella). Love this girl, glad that they still working together. Steven is very known for having faves (Carolyn, Raquel, Natalia, Naomi, Stella and hundreds of etc.) and ex muses, that he refuses to work again (Daria W., Kate and Karolina)

Fei Fei makes this feel fresh and modern. Chic simplicity.

Benn 98 She probably can't afford it in the first place and second and most important her magazine is backed by Hearst and Meisel wouldn't risk losing his exclusivity contract.

Benn 98 She probably can't afford it in the first place and second and most important her magazine is backed by Hearst and Meisel wouldn't risk losing his exclusivity contract.

Ah, yes! The red tape. It's a pity because Meisel x Carine is way better than Meisel x Enninful/McKenna et al.

I'm a fan both campaigns and both models, but this one edges it. It's just the simple formula that works so well for this brand.

It looks like something from F/W 2008 (a decade ago), and by proxy is therefore great! Fei Fei and Meisel is always a lovely combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->