Chloé S/S 2018 by Steven Meisel

The puppy is the star of the campaign tbh.

It's kinda distracting. I mean most of the previous Chloé ads were girls walking down the street too, but they looked focused somehow.

It would be a real shame if they cut Jing off from the print ad because honestly she's the star of the campaign. She shines brighter than Rianne here IMO.

Lmao shinning from all the way in the back in the out of focus frame ok

^
Really eh? I would have guessed it was maybe Charlotte Wales again but I’m surprised how well blended the concept is in comparison to past season? Although his traditional studio shots are more than welcomed especially for a brand like Chloé

Meisel? Really? I can not believe. :o

This is so dull and the cast is ''so not Meisel''.

wasnt sure if it was posted or not, but the photographer is Steven Meisel
That's a surprise. I had thought it's not Charlotte from the motion blur but definitely wasn't expecting Meisel.

Surely this can't be by Meisel? It lacks his precision and focus that's even present on the laziest of his shoots? Although I suppose that girl (glasses) in the first pic from his Nov 2016 cover story is featured, so.

Fran summers just confirmed. It's indeed by meisel.

this was shot by Meisel? Seems like Natascha wanted to start off with a bang, but the actual campaign is a bit disappointing. And I also hate when girls are used as backdrops. Jing deserves her own shot.

Well.. He's already shot half the campaigns this season so at least one dud is to be expected. :lol: Hopefully there's more shots.

I kinda like it but it's too crowded for my taste. I suspect it might be the intention but it looks like candids...

Is this really by Meisel? This is the first time in how many years that he has shot outside if it's him and i find it random that he choose to do it for Chloé.

I feel like Meisel's name isn't being added to the post title bc no one actually believes this would be his work.

Full cast: Alex Mark, Charlene Högger, Eliza Cummings, Fran Summers, Hayett McCarthy, Jing Wen, Line Kjaergaard, Makala Johnson, Radhika Nair, Rianne van Rompaey, Sophie Koella

As I previously said, I like the cast and the images are nice, though they are nothing new for Chloé. I wouldn't have guessed it was by Meisel, it looks a bit too generic and I wish they could have created more of a story, instead of just taking the girls on the streets as usual. I hope to see more of Jing.

For me, it's a waste to use Meisel and to keep the same concept they have had for almost more than a decade now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->