MDC (Models.com) Rankings

MDC now has a paywall, "You have reached your maximum of 50 page views for a free account for this month."
No more looking for Cover Challenge images etc. :shock:

MDC now has a paywall, "You have reached your maximum of 50 page views for a free account for this month."
No more looking for Cover Challenge images etc. :shock:

I noticed this and was shocked to find out.

Not really sure how this benefits models.com or much rather, the actual models :lol:

Î think it only applies to model profiles though, not advertising or magazines etc. As it was previously rumored, the agencies might be less interested to pay for the ranking spots, so they must try and find some new income.

Woah, do they actually have a paywall now? I think I’ve already looked at around 10-15 profiles today alone. Then again, MDC is a bit of a monopoly when it comes to these management-ran fashion databases, no? So... I don’t blame them for taking advantage of the power they have, though it’s still such a shock given how often I’d presume the average MDC viewer visits and searches through the site.

Woah, do they actually have a paywall now? I think I’ve already looked at around 10-15 profiles today alone. Then again, MDC is a bit of a monopoly when it comes to these management-ran fashion databases, no? So... I don’t blame them for taking advantage of the power they have, though it’s still such a shock given how often I’d presume the average MDC viewer visits and searches through the site.

Yeah, I am done with MDC at this point.

Their “graduates” posts are so try hard anymore. Sucks, i idolized this site but I’d never pay it now. They chased away their demographic

Î think it only applies to model profiles though, not advertising or magazines etc. As it was previously rumored, the agencies might be less interested to pay for the ranking spots, so they must try and find some new income.
Probably bots on instagram profil is cheaper than place in radom rankings and this list is not significant in contemporary fashion world.

This may be a kind of an end of an era for me. Models became my "pop stars" in the 90's when Linda etc. became huge, I had a scrapbook of hundreds of pictures of every model I knew.
I found MDC when Suvi surfaced in 2006 and I've been obsessed since then. Browsing MDC has been my "cat videos".
I've sent a lot of messages to them, I have not always been in good health (bipolar) so I have been horrible to them for sure.
Good thing is that... well this may be in my own head but, sometimes when I've sent more respectful messages, they've actually taken notes and added people like Alek and Yasmin to the Icons with the flavor text closely referring to my words (not boasting, just a fun story if it is true).

Lily, (as they may know me) :heart:

Removed from Top 50:
Hoyeon Jung
Teddy Quinlivan

Added to Hot List:
Alva Claire
Assa Baradji
Barbara Valente
Bibi Abdulkadir
Kayako Higuchi
Mao Xiaoxing
Michelle Laff
Precious Lee
Sherry Shi

Removed from Top 50:
Hoyeon Jung
Teddy Quinlivan

Added to Hot List:
Alva Claire
Assa Baradji
Barbara Valente
Bibi Abdulkadir
Kayako Higuchi
Mao Xiaoxing
Michelle Laff
Precious Lee
Sherry Shi
Skarla Ali

Removed from Hot List:
Anyelina Rosa
Fatou Jobe
Jiali Zhao (Money List - High Earners)
Radhika Nair
Sarah Dahl (WTF?)

:wacko:

Chu Wong was also removed from Top 50 and added to Money List.

Added to Hot List:
Klara Kristin

Removed from Hot List:
Hannah Ferguson
Kesewa Abowa
Naomi Chin Wing
Primrose Archer
Rose Daniels

Removed from Top 50:
Jean Campbell (Money Girls - High Earners)
Jing Wen (Money Girls - High Earners)
Marjan Jonkman (Money Girls - High Earners)

do they hate mika schneider @ MDC or something? she should have been added to top 50 months ago already

do they hate mika schneider @ MDC or something? she should have been added to top 50 months ago already

Mika is striking but she actually hasn't gathered that much work yet.

Campaigns :

Saint Laurent Denim 2020
Versace Holiday 2020
Zara FW 2020
Hermes F/W 2020

Covers :

American Vogue April 2020 (that's the 100 covers mess)
Vogue Japan June 2020 (MG)
Vogue Japan August 2020 (MG and MC)

Only 13 editorials done and 60 shows walked.

all of it is a-list stuff tho, especially us vogue (and it was "only" 15 cover girls) and she also an OG editorial with them

MDC Model of the Year Awards 2020
MOTY Women:
Industry: Paloma Elsesser; Runner Up: Adut
Reader's: Sora Choi; Runner Up: Bella Hadid

Breakout Star Women:
Industry: Jill Kortleve, Runner Up: Akon Changkou
Reader's: Mika Schneider, Runner Up: Maty Fall

MOTY Men:
Industry: Alton Mason, Runner Up: Malick Bodian
Reader's: Alton Mason, Runner Up: Alpha Dia

Breakout Star Men:
Industry: Ottawa Kwami, Runner Up: Freek Iven
Reader's: Fernando Lindez, Runner Up: Louis Baines

Social Mover:
Industry: Adesuwa, Runner Up: Anja Rubik
Reader's: Emily R., Runner Up: Naomi

Lifetime Achievement Award: Naomi

Not that these awards mean much, but I think this might be Alton's 3rd consecutive MOTY? Congrats to him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->