MDC (Models.com) Rankings

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by martinaonrocks, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Cute

Cute Well-Known Member

4 out of 5 are with DNA Models in NY.

2. Toni Ahlgren

Toni Ahlgren Well-Known Member

MDC now has a paywall, "You have reached your maximum of 50 page views for a free account for this month."
    No more looking for Cover Challenge images etc. :shock:

GERGIN likes this.
  3. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I noticed this and was shocked to find out.

Not really sure how this benefits models.com or much rather, the actual models :lol:

4. Toni Ahlgren

Î think it only applies to model profiles though, not advertising or magazines etc. As it was previously rumored, the agencies might be less interested to pay for the ranking spots, so they must try and find some new income.

5. Armani

Armani Tech Support

Woah, do they actually have a paywall now? I think I’ve already looked at around 10-15 profiles today alone. Then again, MDC is a bit of a monopoly when it comes to these management-ran fashion databases, no? So... I don’t blame them for taking advantage of the power they have, though it’s still such a shock given how often I’d presume the average MDC viewer visits and searches through the site.

6. niknak

niknak Member

Yeah, I am done with MDC at this point.

Armani likes this.
  7. Toni Ahlgren

At least we still have FMD :D

8. DJDRN93

DJDRN93 New Member

I mean, I’ve loved checking their site for over 10 years at this point, but they’re joking about paying right? :rofl:

Armani and GERGIN like this.
  9. Gina Fish

Gina Fish Member

Their “graduates” posts are so try hard anymore. Sucks, i idolized this site but I’d never pay it now. They chased away their demographic

Armani likes this.
  10. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Member

Probably bots on instagram profil is cheaper than place in radom rankings and this list is not significant in contemporary fashion world.

11. Toni Ahlgren

This may be a kind of an end of an era for me. Models became my "pop stars" in the 90's when Linda etc. became huge, I had a scrapbook of hundreds of pictures of every model I knew.
    I found MDC when Suvi surfaced in 2006 and I've been obsessed since then. Browsing MDC has been my "cat videos".
    I've sent a lot of messages to them, I have not always been in good health (bipolar) so I have been horrible to them for sure.
    Good thing is that... well this may be in my own head but, sometimes when I've sent more respectful messages, they've actually taken notes and added people like Alek and Yasmin to the Icons with the flavor text closely referring to my words (not boasting, just a fun story if it is true).

Lily, (as they may know me) :heart:

mikel, charity, DJDRN93 and 2 others like this.