Members' Mood / Inspiration Boards and Scrapbooks. See post #1 for Designers' Boards.

Ah I love moodboards, they're so inspiring.
I've been collecting alot of editorials, postcards I've bought from Paris, bits and bobs....I'm moving into student halls in september and plan to make my own moodboard from them on my wall so i'll post then.

a couple of pics from my scrapbooks...

s/s 2002
24vtyfp.jpg

s/s 2004
24vtymx.jpg

I love mood boards. I love all the ones that have been posted so far. I recently made one for my textiles class, it was like a harajuki/really bright colour theme. :P

kimair, I adore your scrapbook!! Its so neat and well organized- I wish mine was like that.

Currently, it's a thick piece of mess with bits of paper flying out everywhere, otherwise, I'm too lazy to cut it nicely- just wack it on the page with glue....

I really should put more effort into it

Thanks guys you've helped me too. I got the same project and have been really stuck with it. Iv finished it now and did a huge collage on a map but i added extra things thanks to your help

Textile Design Moodboard

Hey you guys! Alright, I am a student, currently studying fashion & textile design and currently creating my own mini collection of 10 textile designs based on an inspirational picture. However, before that, I was told to create a moodboard...Now, many things have inspiered me since I've seen the original picture but what exactly is the "textile design" moodboard supposed to look like? I mean, what kind of photos, pictures, etc. of what are supposed to be on there?! I am just so confused and stressed right now :cry: please help anyone?:unsure:

I think it's like a concept board. Which is pretty much a collage of all the things you're going for. Things look best if they use the same colors. So just find a board and start sticking things on it related to the textiles and the picture.

Hey Bershka:P The picture's not showing up...but I was able to see it through my e-mail:heart: It's nice, great colours and textures. It's great see someone here into textiles!
I hear for pictures to put on a moodboard, it's best to use things that are maybe not related to fashion, like things from nature...you could add things like cracks in concrete or textures in flower's leaves. It might make it more original. Anyway it depends on your first idea I guess. What was your idea for the board?

Hey! Well, we were given 4 themes from a trendbook to choose from...I chose the black and white one..the others were too colorful for me and...i don't know, just too much!So, based on that picture and other things that inspired us (still linking to the original theme) we have to create a collection of 10 different textile patterns on size A3 paper, using also as many different creative methods as possible..
For the starting point we were to create a moodboard..and at the very end we are to introduce 10 sketches including these patterns..WHEW!:shock::lol:

As forusing things that are not related to fashion--that's something new and unheared to me, but great tip, thank you for sharing!:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bershka, what you've created looks nice. But don't get stuck trying to make a lookbook type thing, which features just clothes usually. Remember to also capture a mood.

alright, thanks for the advice!:flower:i'll consider it in the future!

I am making a moodboard at the moment :smile: It's for a little fashion design project I made up. I'm trying to design a collection which features sport & haute couture, I call it " Sporture". I'm very satisfied with the result so far! When it's finished I'll show it here if that's ok ?

Neddie said:
I am making a moodboard at the moment :smile: It's for a little fashion design project I made up. I'm trying to design a collection which features sport & haute couture, I call it " Sporture". I'm very satisfied with the result so far! When it's finished I'll show it here if that's ok ?

We'll be patiently anticipating it!^_^

Bershka said:
We'll be patiently anticipating it!^_^
Sounds great ^_^ I hope to be able to finish my moodboard this evening so I can place a picture here then :smile:

This is the moodboard for my "Sporture"-collection ( Sport + Haute Couture )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->