Menswear Trends S/S 06

happycanadian

Reaction score
hey everyone.
there is a pinned section on S/S 2006 trends, however the focus is entirely on the female clothes, so i thought it appropriate to create one for the gentlemen as well.

theres quite a few trends...

Short shorts (Vuitton, Miu Miu, Prada, Valentino) - I really like this trend, i wouldnt say i'd wear short shorts but i could definetly do right above the knee.

Minimalism (Miu Miu, Jill Sander, Kris Van Assche, Gucci) - I dont know if what i consider minimalism is what everyone else considers minimalism but yeah, i just see it as clean lines and lack of confusion, i really like it but if you want to pull it off you have to do it right or else you look boring.

80s (Versace, Valentino) - I loved the use of colour at both versace and valentino that made it look so posh and rich. its not something i go for but a lot of guys can pull it off.

Cowboy (Dsquared) - I loooove this look. I already have a few vests for fall that ive already worn to look cowboyish. i like wearing my plad shirt tucked into my big jeans with my cordaroy vest. it looks sooo cool.

Rockstar (Dior Homme, Versace) - I could honestly say that the dior homme collection was my favorite, sooo cool. skinny jeans and such. i just got a pair and i love them.

African Safari (Valentino, Burberry) - YES, i love this look with the safari jackets and such!

well thats all i could do guys!! hope you learned a bit?? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to short shorts, cowboys and 80's trash.

I am a little over Hedi's rocker stuff......................:unsure:

rocker stuff has always been in fashion, and it always will be... after wearing skinny jeans for so long i cant wear straight legged jeans the same way anymore...they seem so baggy.

i kinda like the whole trashy not neat and dirty look that people have...i dont know i cant really describe it.

vintage clothes like all kinds of cowboy and flannel shirts are cool, vintage t shirts from the 80's look cool too... im not really down for paying hundreds of dollars for a label when i can get the same stuff for less than $15 at my local vintage stores.

i think something that should change in fashion ( but unfortunately probably never will) is the whole arrogant and "im too good for you" attitude...really not cool.

im excited to wear my skinny jeans with my sorel boots and a cool shirt..i dunno i love summer lol

i think everyone knows this but ill say it anyway, converse shoes are back baby...and all types of variations i think...

i got these sample type shoes from this hidden away shop...theyre like converse shoes except theyre pointy and the laces are like at the back side of the shoe, like under the ankle....

also pointy white brogues are getting in here, except i cant find a good pair anywhere...and everyone i know got theirs overseas:yuk:

i got white allstars with the red and blue stripe, wore it soo much in the summer with all my nautical stuff..theyre still sooo cool cause now theyre a little dirty. i also have calf high black and orange ones that i wear a lot now in colder weather.

yeah, i got a pair of the standard white ones with the stripes at the bottom...summers about to start here and ill be wearing shorter cut off denim shorts with the converse high tops...

from what i can tell about this season, you've already hit all the major trends.

short shorts

GUCCI

PRADA

VALENTINO

as well as the good ole cap:

BURBERRY

GALLIANO (yes, i think this counts --- plus its a hot pic :smile: )

VALENTINO

and another trend i notices is skinny pants -- not just rocker dior style either:

DIOR

MISSONI

PAUL SMITH

and maybe one more is the use of deep red colour:

D&G

GUCCI

JIL SANDER

definetely the short shorts!,i would say that is the trend of the season!!!MISSONI was my ultimate show, mixing intense hues and grandfather chic, it was just awesome, totally embodying my personal style, i wish i could get access...-runs to salivate in corner!

i really loved the missoni show as well. . . normally, their bright patterns are a bit much for me, but for some reason i think that it will fit in well with this season.

however, for my personal style, i think that the Burberry show was my favourite. (as far as from the waist up).

these 4 looks are basically exactly how i dress:

i only own 1 pair of white pants, so i'd pair that second outfit with a pair of jeans or chocolate cords.

i also think that this outfit from D&G is casual perfection:

and this one from Prada:

this is my favourite MISSONI outfit, love the sunglasses and the shoes (again though, i'd probably wear jeans instead of those white pants:(

and i love these Marc Jacobs pants. they look soooo comfortable:

especially if worn with this shirt from D&G:

actually, now that i go through the pics of my favourites, i find that perhaps the biggest trend is white pants. many designers used them ALOT throughout their shows.

Thanks for the pics happycanadian :flower:

Man I don't think I could pull of short shorts to save my life.

yulske said:
i got these sample type shoes from this hidden away shop...theyre like converse shoes except theyre pointy and the laces are like at the back side of the shoe, like under the ankle....

I totally agree with your comment on the vintage items. Which is also why I was rather disappointed with Dior's latest collection.. but anyway.
Those shoes sound really interesting - are you able to post a picture of them? ^_^

yeah ill try get a photo of them online...
weve got a new digital camera than has been sitting in its box in my livingroom for like 3 months now, still not even used... so i have to figure it out.

happycanadian, are you a stylist or a buyer, seriously those are some great pics!!!!! do any of you know how to start a thread???

dizzytacks said:
happycanadian, are you a stylist or a buyer, seriously those are some great pics!!!!! do any of you know how to start a thread???

HAHAHAAAAAAA.

neither actually . . .but thank you very much. i am flattered. :blush:

as for starting a new thread -- look near the bottom of the page and there is a button that says "New Thread". click there. lol.

really?

i don't understand why you aren't seeing it. . . .maybe you have to reach a certain number of posts before you can start a new thread - but i don't think so.

actually, there's a "New Thread" button at both the top and the bottom of the page.

*** but you have to enter into a specific sub-forum. eg: Supporting Cast, Star Style ----- there is no thread starting option in "The Fashion Industry" forum.

also, where are you from in canada? i'm from nova scotia. but i'm teaching english in korea right now. i miss home muuuuuch. :sad

i still cant see it, but anyway, i am from alberta, currently in alberta, asia is a total change, i went to school in japan for a year so i know how you feel!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->