MET Costume Institute Gala 2023 : Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
As the first Monday in May draws closer, I thought we'd waste no time in discussing who we're all anticipating and excited to see walk the stairs of The Met for the opening of Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty.

This thread here in Star Style is strictly for the attendees/looks of the night.

Vogue has announced Michaela Coel, Penélope Cruz, Roger Federer and Dua Lipa will join Anna Wintour in co-chairing this year. Kim Kardashian has stated she's attending (despite the rumors) and I was reading earlier that Paris Hilton may also be in attendance - her very first time attending the event.

Who is everyone excited to see, and what should everyone wear? I will edit this post with any live-streams at a later date.

*Update* Live-streaming of the event here:

I want guests to wear something other than chanel, karl was more than that, but I hope it's only relevant celebrities and that some guests don't use this moment to throw shades at karl or make jokes about him

Rumors of what some guests will wear:

XTog2IoC_o.jpeg

hope no one disrespects karl or throws any shades at him
will virginie attend?

I don’t see why she wouldn’t attend. Think whatever you want about her designs, she obviously was very close with Karl.

Choupette confirms she won't be in attendance tonight, and I live for the shady comment from Inès de la Fressange (who wasn't invited) stating Lagerfeld hated tributes:

If the supermodels (excluding Linda Evangelista) are in fact attending... they should wear the same looks they wore from Chanel's S/S 1994 collection, as per the iconic images from American Vogue's March 1994 issue by Steven Meisel. Too literal?

I read somewhere Claudia Schiffer wasn't even invited but hope it's false information!

Cara, Vittoria, Devon and Carla are attending. I saw that Claudia is also going.

I would love to see some vintage Chloé on the red carpet too before giving it all away to the Roseberry Schiaparelli

Dua Lipa looks nice in that tweed gown

Last edited:
hope no one disrespects karl or throws any shades at him

Yes, you've stated this twice already.
I imagine there will be some criticism behind the scenes - namely about his quoted fatphobia and dismissal of sexual assault on models - but no one would dare say anything on the red carpet! They'd risk never being invited back

Loving all the vintage Karl looks so far - Penelope Cruz, Dua Lipa, Margaret Qualley, Nicole Kidman wearing the dress from the Chanel advert(!), Vanessa Kirby, Naomi Campbell. Olivia Wilde also wearing a dress inspired by Karl's Chloe.

UPDATE: Gisele in Chanel Spring 2007 Couture!

It's a shame vintage wasn't "in" when they did this for McQueen.

Last edited:
What I love about this dress code is that it discourages the "costume" direction in which things had been increasingly headed...

Nicole Kidman looks better than she has in 15 years. Amanda Seyfried is a knock-out tonight as well.

What I love about this dress code is that it discourages the "costume" direction in which things had been increasingly headed...

Nicole Kidman looks better than she has in 15 years. Amanda Seyfried is a knock-out tonight as well.
I think that the diversity of Karl's designs also makes it impossible to f*ck up too badly in terms of being on theme. I appreciate that some the designers opted to reference his semi-forgotten tenures Chloé instead of the typical Chanel.

I desperately want to know who designed what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->