MET Costume Institute Gala 2023 : Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty

I love Stella's jacket/dress, but my god what is she wearing on her legs?

Ozempic looks so good on Mindy Kaling

Jennifer Lopez looks exquisite as usual!

Sofia Coppola's outfit is understated and perfect. Absolutely love it.

Questionable shoe choices everywhere, my god...

Whatever happened to a well cut suit? I know it seems a little passé, especially in the eyes of most Gen Zs, but dang it is hard to see a fantastically tailored suit on someone. And frankly, I'd also be happy to not see Thom Browne at these events for a while.

Too much black and white, which is the easiest way to channel anything Karl-related, and where are the Fendi-inspired looks?

Whatever happened to a well cut suit? I know it seems a little passé, especially in the eyes of most Gen Zs, but dang it is hard to see a fantastically tailored suit on someone.
Spot on. Every time a man appears in a black suit (classic red carpet attire for men), people get really upset and overwhelmingly so. Why do they take such offence to it?
Too much black and white, which is the easiest way to channel anything Karl-related, and where are the Fendi-inspired looks?
It's quite self explanatory. Fendi is known for fur, so any reference towards that will spark immediate outrage on social media. Chanel and Chloé are safer choices.

I think people are being too harsh. Everyone looked terrible? Several of the outfits were designed by Karl himself (which, like them or not, makes them appropriate for the event) and the vast majority of the looks I saw were clearly on-theme, even if the quality wasn't equally strong across the board. A sea of nobodies? Lots of people there were people Karl worked with and spent time with personally. Like them or not, many of the people there just are among the most relevant and famous people in pop culture or fashion at this moment in time. Not enough suits? When men wear a simple suit or a tux everyone goes after them for being boring. But certainly I saw plenty of black suits or tuxes. Of course no one has to be gooped and gagged over every look, but being relentlessly negative about it all doesn't feel like a valuable, genuine, or honest response either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->