MET Gala Costume Institute Gala 2025 : Superfine: Tailoring Black Style

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
The theme for the 2025 exhibit has been announced:

That’s actually a really interesting theme to explore and a very refreshing one at that, too. This is the first all-men’s focused theme in over 20 years and that in itself is quite exciting! Not a bad host of co-chairs, either.

Really cool theme.

I can't stand Pharell, why does he have to be shoehorned into everything?

I love how they included phonies like Pharrell or A$AP Rocky, but missed a huge opportunity to include or at least mention Oswald Boateng, who is at least a true designer, and a great tailor at that.

I wish I could care about men's fashion the way that some men care about women's fashion, so... this won't even be on my radar. :sleeping:

Anna should invite Puff Daddy (after paying his bail); and Kanye West...that would be really interesting.

gone-insane.gif

media.tenor.com

So you can have five men hosting the Met with Anna to celebrate menswear
but for the womenswear exhibitions, it's usually half men and half female
Seems a bit unfair to women
and LAMO, Anna isn't letting Billy Porter be a co-host

I27DXYVZ5RRVBY2AJEHJ7HT5GE.jpg
Oscar red carpet 2019

Last edited:
So you can have five men hosting the Met with Anna to celebrate menswear
but for the womenswear exhibitions, it's usually half men and half female
Seems a bit unfair to women

It’s often not half and half. In 2018 and 2015 each of the co-chairs were women.

Great idea, but I can already imagine the PR nightmare it will cause with all the PC culture questions and appropriation concerns, especially with the party historically being attended and organized by white people.
At first I thought the same... but 75% of the guests will give zero F about the theme lamo

I wish the guests wouldn't dress up as the themes in general, tbh. There are 8-year-olds who put more effort into their Halloween costumes than those celebrities. Just wear something nice and respectful!

Last edited:
I can see a pool of people wearing uninteresting or boring Louis Vuitton by Pharell Williams, Dior by Kim Jones and a dreadful Dior x Lewis Hamilton collab. ASAP shows up with Rihanna will be a buzz. But I do look forword to Colman Domingo. He's so fine and dresses so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->