Costume Institute Gala 2008 "Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy"

when i mentioned that i would cry if i ever spotted beyonce on a vogue cover, i meant that i would be crying out of utter disappointment. her look, in my opinion, is mediocre and always the same. she doesn't even try to evolve at all and isn't particularly fashion forward in my opinion. she just goes after anything that looks as if it is "bling" enough for her.

the people i haven't mentioned yet (and are kinda worth mentioning:( piper perabo was looking really nice, lou doillon was looking good but nothing special, lily donaldson was looking good too (boring dress), natasha poly always looks good (i wish i could see better pictures of her though), wendi murdoch was looking at least interesting and sofia coppola was looking great.
i love charlotte gainsbourg for making that balenciaga dress look good and i loved alessandra facchinetti's dress. most of them weren't dressed according to the theme though, that was SO disappointing, but not only that, even if it wasn't a thematic gala, why so many boring and ugly looks?? and wtf were some people doing there???? (where are you carine??:judge:)
fortunately karen elson and audrey tautou were looking amazing and sasha was great too, but nobody was looking as great as ricci i must say.:heart:

what about David Lauren?

About him? He was there with Lauren Lauren- I mean Lauren Bush...:unsure: He looked pretty much like he always does (in need of a haircut!!) :wink:
His sister Dylan was there too and looked very nice..
Mom and Dad didn't appear to show, for some reason... :huh:
btw, Blake Lively appears to be the only celeb I can find wearing RL, other than the kids...

Here are some HQ model pics from the supporting cast thread:flower:

Raquel Zimmerman

Coco Rocha

Jessica Stam

Caroline Trentini

Sasha Pivovarova

PMC

joybryantab7.jpg

JOY BRYANT

Showing off a banged bob, the actress keeps covered in her geometric print Pucci gown for the annual Met gala.
people

newscom (credit to Kochie332)

Last edited by a moderator:
katieholmesxk3.jpg

KATIE HOLMES

Continuing her allegiance to Giorgio Armani – he designed her wedding dress! – the star goes for all-out glamour in a vintage red sequined bustier and full ball gown from the designer's Fall 1993 collection paired with striking blue high heels.

fergieqo7.jpg

FERGIE

Ka-pow! The singer packs a punch in her bold one-armed black Calvin Klein gown, Cartier jewels and dramatic ponytail.

evamendesqy5.jpg

EVA MENDES

The new face of Calvin Klein takes to the red carpet in a sharp turquoise gown from the label, Sergio Rossi heels and David Webb jewels.

clairedanesrd5.jpg

CLAIRE DANES

The actress shows off her lithe physique in a fitted black silk crepe Narcisco Rodriguez gown and Harry Winston diamonds, accenting her eyes with dramatic smoky makeup.

dianekrugerft0.jpg

DIANE KRUGER

Forget the long gowns! The German actress shows off her enviable legs in a silver ruched Alberta Ferretti minidress, hot pink heels and Fred Leighton jewels.

maggiegyllenhaalub3.jpg

MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL

Arriving on the arm of designer Peter Som (not pictured), the Dark Knight actress is charming in her purple frock and antique Fred Leighton jewels.
people

yeah fergie is a major disaster unfortunately :doh: if anyone finds more pics of audrey tautou please post!. :heart: :heart:

Iman and David Bowie at the Costume Institute Gala at the Met in NYC May 05 2008
celebutopia

my fav´s are :
ashley o.
gisele b.
kate b.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actress Natasha Richardson suffered an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction on one of the biggest nights in the fashion calendar.
The 44-year-old cut an elegant figure when she arrived on the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala in New York, accompanied by the designer Tom Ford.
But as she gathered up the hem of her pale pink evening gown to negotiate the steps, she unwittingly flashed her flesh-coloured underwear at the assembled photographers.
Richardson, the daughter of thespians Tony Richardson and Vanessa Redgrave, and the wife of actor Liam Neeson, was unaware of her style faux pas and beamed away for the cameras.
(telegraph.co.uk)

Attachments

• nflash_668393c.jpg
    nflash_668393c.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 136

Kimora Lee Simmons (and Djimon Hounsou) at the Costume Institute Gala at the Met in NYC May 05 2008
celebutopia

Mary J Blige (and Kendu Isaacs) at the Costume Institute Gala at the Met in NYC May 05 2008
celebutopia

Zoe Kravitz at the Costume Institute Gala at the Met in NYC May 05 2008
celebutopia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->