MET Gala Costume Institute Gala 2025 : Superfine: Tailoring Black Style

Love the theme cant wait to see both men and women interpreting it. I don't think there's a high chance of cultural appropriation since the theme is more or less Westernized. If someone chooses to wear an Afro wig or darker spray tan, it will be their own fault for overstepping. Agreed about the chairs, they would have added people that are actually associated with the theme alongside the more famous hosts. Hopefully some guests will get some inspiration from Congo and Paris' Sapeurs who put a more Congolese approach to being a dandy.

I wish the guests wouldn't dress up as the themes in general, tbh. There are 8-year-olds who put more effort into their Halloween costumes than those celebrities. Just wear something nice and respectful!
Also, what's confusing about the dress code at this event is that sometimes the theme of the exhibit and the theme of the red carpet are two different things ("Sleeping Beauties" and "Garden of Time," for example)...but then some years, it's not.

Oh boy. A lot of TFs will lose their minds lol

Eh. Find it rather boring but expected, and nothing worth being irritated about.

I love how they included phonies like Pharrell or A$AP Rocky, but missed a huge opportunity to include or at least mention Oswald Boateng, who is at least a true designer, and a great tailor at that.

Why would the desperately seeking relevance Anna Wintour ever consider a longtime talent as Ozwald over corporate darlings that the children have been sold to worship??? She’s always been the real phoney— not Pharrell and A$ap...

Be thankful at least that that insufferable Billy Porter person is nowhere included.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roykimax
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->