Michael Kors F/W 10.11 : Carmen Kass and Noah Mills by Mario Testino

alright everyone

we haven't even seen the actual AD yet. this looks like some excerpt.

calm down ya'll. there's chance for improvement.

this campaign is very unrealistic..jet setting couples dont last that long he should have a younger trophy wife by now

"Greetings from us here in the [insert superexpensive ski resort here]"
- this is what I imagine the postcard would say :lol: haha.

Oh, Carmen, nice to see you again :rolleyes: It's boring and nothing new.

too much snow ouh
same, same, same cast and concpet, hello, it's BORING! :blink:

i'm sorry, but i have to weigh in before even seeing the majority of this campaign: i do think the posters in this thread doth protest too much. i understand that fashion thrives on the fresh, the young, and the new, but step back from the world of fashion and major corporations use the same advertising campaigns (with tweaks here and there) FOR YEARS AND YEARS! as fashion houses get away from the insular and fickle fashion crowd as they move toward the mass market, they hold onto effective campaigns for the long haul. don't believe me? how many years has calvin klein used THE SAME campaign for its eternity fragrance? how many YEARS did levi's use that same commercial idea? polo ralph lauren has used the same template -- arguably -- for over a decade!! i haven't seen a new idea for some dior fragrances EVER. seriously j'adore dior had carmen kass and now charlize theron.....FOR YEARS AND YEARS.

why do so many beat up on michael kors when he's really adhering to a tried-and-true advertising strategy? besides, for 99% of the people looking at this ad will be seeing a michael kors ad for the first time! he's not necessarily appealing us fashion junkies who read every fashion magazine every month, he's appealing to those who pick up an instyle every once in a while at an airport.

i'm sorry, but i have to weigh in before even seeing the majority of this campaign: i do think the posters in this thread doth protest too much. i understand that fashion thrives on the fresh, the young, and the new, but step back from the world of fashion and major corporations use the same advertising campaigns (with tweaks here and there) FOR YEARS AND YEARS! as fashion houses get away from the insular and fickle fashion crowd as they move toward the mass market, they hold onto effective campaigns for the long haul. don't believe me? how many years has calvin klein used THE SAME campaign for its eternity fragrance? how many YEARS did levi's use that same commercial idea? polo ralph lauren has used the same template -- arguably -- for over a decade!! i haven't seen a new idea for some dior fragrances EVER. seriously j'adore dior had carmen kass and now charlize theron.....FOR YEARS AND YEARS.

why do so many beat up on michael kors when he's really adhering to a tried-and-true advertising strategy? besides, for 99% of the people looking at this ad will be seeing a michael kors ad for the first time! he's not necessarily appealing us fashion junkies who read every fashion magazine every month, he's appealing to those who pick up an instyle every once in a while at an airport.

Finally, someone with brains on this forum. :rolleyes:

I know it's the same concept every single season, but I still can't hate it. It's not as good as last season's campaign which was probabaly my favourite MK campaign, but I still don't think it's bad.
And it probably works very well for him.

New Shot:

IMG_0702.jpg

*photo taken by vogue28
from UK Elle Collections

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"