Michael Rider - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Michael Rider becomes Hedi Slimane's successor at Celine:

At this point I just wish he would do shows within the Paris calendar, include top models in campaigns, shows and provide us with entertainment... That's what we want!

I don't expect anything related to fashion because I've always found Celine basic.

So he is the first ivy league alumni to helm a major parisian house?
ngl I’m excited for this, more corporate? sure, but please make fashion designers sound literate again or like they own other books besides coffee table books! any more interviews like the ones Alessandro or Virgil dropped in the past and I’ll 🕳️

Also his time with Phoebe in the company? hell yes! lots of cleaning to do but sounds exciting.

He is perfect for the role but at the same time, it’s hard to imagine what his Celine may look like.
He is a great merchandiser because of Polo Ralph Lauren, his era at Celine is still beloved and he knows LVMH and the challenges of a multi billion company.

So I guess Prefall will be his first collection and FW2025 his first show in March!

March 2025 will offer a lot of debuts!

Not directly related but it’s funny how there was so much talk about Peter Do as part of Phoebe’s team. Clearly the promise of his talent didn’t match the result because from Lee to Rider and others, they all had great positions post-Celine.

I love Hedi. But I am honestly excited to see Michael Rider's take on Celine. I wonder why both announcements of Hedi's departure and Rider's appointment happened so quick?

I love Hedi. But I am honestly excited to see Michael Rider's take on Celine. I wonder why both announcements of Hedi's departure and Rider's appointment happened so quick?
It was all agreed a while ago. Miss Tweed was right as always. I don’t get why people like to make fun out of her in TFS

Miss Tweed was right. I am shook.
That’s why she was mentioned in the list of publications banned by Arnault.
Everything is a rumor until confirmation but her contacts near the executive camps talked.

And it’s never good to have accurate rumors around when there are negociations.

Very excited. I actually enjoyed what he has done with Polo RL. It's very fashion yet very commercial merchandising. So I would love to see his version of Celine given that he was there at the peak of Phoebe and also had experience in commercial company like Polo RL.

It was all agreed a while ago. Miss Tweed was right as always. I don’t get why people like to make fun out of her in TFS
because people love to believe in corporations and institutions and fancy writing, some think Bof is 100 years old :-)

also i think since you need to pay for the info it's less easy accessible for most and it's also new publication so it need time to build credibility in fashion pop culture :-)

Love it. He has a good foundation to build on. Opening up Celine after that growth while being introverted would do wonders.

I don’t think he’ll veer far from Hedi. What he did as adaptable. And what he did for RL would be an organic Hedi continuation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->