Michael Rider - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

I don't understand how Polo is the McDonalds of fashion, first of all. We'll have to actually see a collection before hating, plus his background is solid, so why not?
Polo Mcdonalds i think was meant as in its mainstream and readily available and american , but i like RL /polo its iconic :-)

I am more intrigued on the Michael Rider solid background conversation, that was also a discussion back then when it was rumored, i am not so sure based on his output at RL and his personal taste/interest he will produce something sharp and directional but time will tell ofcourse we will have to wait and see.

Non the less I think it's fair to be skeptical as well prior to seeing something , as its equally ok to be hopeful prior to seeing the actual results.

History has proven that peedegree at a brand for 10 year while it was successful is not a guarantee for success as a solo Creative director.
Being part of a team and contributing to the creative directors vision, is like being a link in the chain with many more links.
Meaning its a the chemistry between a team member and the makes often for a moment in time as well take away some people , some farewell other less .

Some people are good at delegating under a set style and aesthetic and flourish others are questioning the brand or creative director taste and aesthetic by bring new ideas every season with in the team.

We will see what type of talent michael rider is and what his contribution was in the design depart and how much comes from his own personal take.

its just not so black and white someones CV/experience background

He is getting closer to retirement age tbf. I always assumed he would be one of those Karl-like forces that would just never stop.

I think what a lot of people don't understand about working at RL is that in America, there aren't a ton of opportunities for cool, talented designers to work at a very chic/cutting-edge brand. So you get a lot of people with amazing taste working at Ralph Lauren who are there because they don't really have the option to work at LVMH or Kering, etc. companies. The point being, it's hard to judge the personal taste of any designer working at RL, if that makes sense. It is a very structured company and Ralph (the person) has always been an authoritarian when it comes to the aesthetic of everything within the company.

He is getting closer to retirement age tbf. I always assumed he would be one of those Karl-like forces that would just never stop.
Tbh, Hedi can work for 30 years again if he wants. When you are doing your passion or something that interests you, it’s not work. But maybe he will become a full time photographer or publish books or things like that.
The beauty about creative jobs is that the possibilities are endless and the beauty about Europe and France in particular, is that there’s no such a thing as ageism when the work is relevant.

Tbh, Hedi can work for 30 years again if he wants. When you are doing your passion or something that interests you, it’s not work. But maybe he will become a full time photographer or publish books or things like that.
The beauty about creative jobs is that the possibilities are endless and the beauty about Europe and France in particular, is that there’s no such a thing as ageism when the work is relevant.
Exactly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noorap
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->