Mini V Magazine #1 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin & Domen & Van De Velde

Xone

Reaction score
I saw the magazine yesterday the format is small, and actually the other side have another cover with 3 girl can’t remember them. It’s a small magazine targeted to a younger audience.

8C59BB71-354D-4BFC-8994-C60DE77B147A.jpeg

This i found on their website:
V Magazine + VMAN are proud to introduce the latest addition to our editorial family, MINI V.

Small magazine, BIG personality: MINI V is for a new generation of disruptors, game changers, and industry shakers—a youthquake awakened!

As the younger sibling of V and VMAN, MINI V shares the same DNA as its older siblings—having both been regarded as vanguards for photography, fashion, music and culture—MINI V comes in with a more youthful lens. This editorial offshoot strives for individuality via an unbounded exploration of self-expression that Gen Z has become known for. As a nonstop festival of artistry, beauty, and inclusivity, MINI V: The Premiere Issue is fueled by a new era of imagination–powered by global accessories powerhouse Claire’s. From the best in jewelry and fashion trends, to profiles with the newest stars of Hollywood, exclusive conversations with the internet’s buzziest muses, and essays by Gen Z writers that partake in conversations around mental health, multicultural representation, body inclusivity, and more, this MINI magazine is action packed with the new and the now, ready to take on the world.

Claire’s!?!

Is the next issue going to feature makeup from Bonne Bell? :lol:

Good for them to have the nerve to launch a new magazine in this climate, good luck!

I think its cute! How many pages has?

also, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!! :crush:

I think its cute! How many pages has?

also, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!! :crush:

Happy New year!

From what i remember have same paper like V but it's short on pages, but it has a lot of contents....but yeah very young-oriented.... the Ever editorial is nice though

Looks interesting, would be keen to see what sort of ad buy-in they got for this magazine.

I've always maintained that for magazines to live on each edition must be heavily curated. Really good styling and photography, great copy, and less of the filler fluff. In fact no filler fluff. Give normal people a reason to actually buy and hold onto the issue. I'm just not sure if Gen Z is buying magazines, I think they do only if a fave is on the cover?

This is extremely unnecessary. At least V and V Man will focus on adult audiences as they used to be.

You can see her editorial in this post

886FF6BD-2458-4E36-AEF7-95C50A9B5A00.jpeg The second cover.

Most shootings are styled by Nicola Formichetti.

Around 140 pages or less

it’s very teen. One editorial inspired in the zodiac and other called “Gifted” (the preview above is from that)

886FF6BD-2458-4E36-AEF7-95C50A9B5A00.jpeg

It’s very cute, but i’ll be shocked if it takes off. Even Teen Vogue couldn’t survive....

I just realised that’s Milla Jovovich’s kid, they're going to shove her down our throats aren't they :rolleyes:

Idk there’s something weird, creepy, and contrived about a bunch of old millennials making a try hard gen z magazine. The whole thing looks like a goofy caricature.

giphy.gif

Idk there’s something weird, creepy, and contrived about a bunch of old millennials making a try hard gen z magazine. The whole thing looks like a goofy caricature.

giphy.gif

LOL I now see the creepiness, but that has always been the case in magazine world - hello 51-year-old Helen Valentine who launched Seventeen magazine for 13yo girls after the war, hello Edward Enninful at British Vogue, hello male editors styling female shoots (or vice versa).

I don't mind them starting this little project, I mean it's not going to blow up. Just hope Gan and his team will do a bit more market research and do content with substance. They'll be dealing with teens now. It can't just be a vapid lookbook like they've done with VMan, where you'll see great editorials and nothing more. Otherwise what's the point? Teens may as well get their dose of peer pressure and body image issues from Instagram as they've been doing for the past few years.

Milla's daughter is older than Milla was, when she was on her first cover (and appeared in that Revlon campaign).

Well, in the past the cover models of Vogue were so young. I remember Amy Lemons, Tony Garrn and Anna Maria Urajevskaya being 14/15 when they have their VI covers. Milla did the Lei cover so young. I don't remember if she was 12/13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->