Missoni F/W 09.10 : Hanne Gaby Odiele & Devin Childers by Ryan McGinley

I didn't like her expression in the last picture, but the sense of movement is indeed incredible.

They look like fashionable hobos. the movement is what makes it a good ad.

I wasnt sure when I saw Hanne was in the eds, shes not one of my favs like Isabeli or Natasha last season but i totally love the concept :heart:, the open road traveler totally fits the bohemian collection, I want to be this girl!:D

i wonder if it's the spirit of the times for the coming fall ^^; leisure in the country, on the road. Chloe also has the girls strolling about in the fields, for fall.. i wonder who else.

thanks for all the scans!
i think the second shot of Hanne you feel the clothes less and it's a bit static. you don't get the kind of dynamic, movement like in the other two.

first, ryan mcginley can do no wrong in my book. second, i congratulate missoni for taking a risk with their advertising. however, this ad campaign strikes discordant with that nomadic and effortless cool collection.

plus, they look like they're about to fall off.

Here's the mens shot as posted before, only with the Missoni logo. :flower:
2db3p8z.jpg

Harper's Bazaar | zinio.com

This is my favorite campaign of the season (unless I'm forgetting something). I see the common complaint is that it looks summery, I don't think it does at all. To me it looks like early fall. Why does every fall ad have to be about November? These ads are about the early days of fall when it's still quite sunny, but is getting cool and that's why the model is wearing all those layers/scarves/mittens, etc.

Just great.

i have Hanne's on my wall, they're so great, so full of a lovely American spirited fall...we don't instantly go into coats, there's a lot of layering going on & Ryan captured that/spirit of early fall perfectly...oh, so amazing in print <3

wow. clearly different from previous Missoni campaigns. and IA with everyone who's talking about the movement. stunning.

They're beautiful photos; but this just doesn't look like a Missoni campaign. The technique is definitely something interesting but i'm sure he just kicked the tripod or manipulated this someway with photoshop..

i like the photos really much, especially the first hanne-shot. it's something so different, i love looking at it.

It's so fantastic how a motion shot has all this sharpness. I love all the details of the fabric.

HQ from US Elle September 2009 via journal-plaza.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->