Model Casting S/S 2025

without sounding biased: do y’all know how many models have been in the industry (both print/adv and runway) non stop for 15 years and still keeping the level of exclusivity? Because I’m genuinely impressed by Julia Nobis at this point and I can’t think about anyone else doing like her.
This is exactly then reason why I despise People working in the fashion industry. They all act so pretentiously and elevated intellectually like they are saving the world and finding a solutions for world hunger and then they end up casting one of the blandest and anonymous Girls with her "I don't even know why I am here" look on the planet and elevate her as an industry icon. I know she got her die hard fans, but let's be honest, Julia is average at Best...she Did Not have a single iconic moment in her runway career and she neither has been an editorial kind of girl. People in the industry die for her simply because she got the "effortless cool" vibe and her acting like "yeah I know I am wearing a trash sack made with niloticus cocodrile painted by Masai People fed with giraffe Milk that cost 25 millions dollar but I am making it like I am wearing Zara to do grocery shopping". Also I am sure if she Did Not have that big nose she would have lost most of her "ugly but cute" vibe that became very popular even among "glamorous" brands from 2012 (Molly Bair, Hanne Gaby Odiele). Julia and Mica are the worst models of the current era to me, also it's so cliché and a complete nonevent to cast her. If I were a casting director I would get Hanne Gaby instead of them.

PGDM castings for Schiaparelli are so predictable and boring. It's the usual bunch of PGDM favorites + a couple random icons from the 00's to get the "virality" among the fashion crowd and the basic gay fashion influencers like ideservecouture and hautelamode. Now he is into Caroline Trentini while the previous year was obsessed with Magdalena, next year gonna put Heather Marks in the spot Light? No originality at all. Do a cast with all icons from the 00's, do a cast with mostly asians, do a cast with only glam Girls...nothing, always the same. He would be able to get Irina to walk Prada if he was the casting director...come on now.

Mariacarla is the only other one I can think of
Exactly, Julia, Mariacarla and Natasha are the only girls Who have been able to get at least a show every single season even after her prime passed. I think Natasha is slightly below them as People perceive her as commercial due to her conventional beauty.

This is exactly then reason why I despise People working in the fashion industry. They all act so pretentiously and elevated intellectually like they are saving the world and finding a solutions for world hunger and then they end up casting one of the blandest and anonymous Girls with her "I don't even know why I am here" look on the planet and elevate her as an industry icon. I know she got her die hard fans, but let's be honest, Julia is average at Best...she Did Not have a single iconic moment in her runway career and she neither has been an editorial kind of girl. People in the industry die for her simply because she got the "effortless cool" vibe and her acting like "yeah I know I am wearing a trash sack made with niloticus cocodrile painted by Masai People fed with giraffe Milk that cost 25 millions dollar but I am making it like I am wearing Zara to do grocery shopping". Also I am sure if she Did Not have that big nose she would have lost most of her "ugly but cute" vibe that became very popular even among "glamorous" brands from 2012 (Molly Bair, Hanne Gaby Odiele). Julia and Mica are the worst models of the current era to me, also it's so cliché and a complete nonevent to cast her. If I were a casting director I would get Hanne Gaby instead of them.
1727528649913.png

Dis about Mica.. She can play the sexy girl and the cool girl.. But if i was a model i would never be the "sexy girl".. It's a risk for a model bc designers hate it and love the lesbian chic, blasé girl vibe lol
:lol:

PGDM castings for Schiaparelli are so predictable and boring. It's the usual bunch of PGDM favorites + a couple random icons from the 00's to get the "virality" among the fashion crowd and the basic gay fashion influencers like ideservecouture and hautelamode. Now he is into Caroline Trentini while the previous year was obsessed with Magdalena, next year gonna put Heather Marks in the spot Light? No originality at all. Do a cast with all icons from the 00's, do a cast with mostly asians, do a cast with only glam Girls...nothing, always the same. He would be able to get Irina to walk Prada if he was the casting director...come on now.
People can say what they want about PGDM castings, but Schiaparelli is one of the shows where it actually works perfectly for me, because Daniel's designs are pretty much intended for such a concept (And in a good way).

thanks for saying what everyone has been thinking for over a decade and a half! it needed to be said.

thanks for saying what everyone has been thinking for over a decade and a half! it needed to be said.

Sadly I agree. It always seemed to me as if casting Julia Nobis was to be inclusive towards the misfit? It is true though that her bookings have been pretty consistent. Whatever happened to that announced retirement around 2017?

^^ Always found models announcing their retirements silly. It's not like they're working a regular job where retiring creates a cascade of issues for your employer and other employees and they have to remove you from their payroll, benefits rolls, etc. If a model wants to retire, then just stop working, turn jobs down, and live your life. Daria never announced she was retiring, she just stopped taking jobs and found a life outside fashion. And when Phoebe asked her to come back, she decided to do so. No announcement about that either.

^^ Always found models announcing their retirements silly. It's not like they're working a regular job where retiring creates a cascade of issues for your employer and other employees and they have to remove you from their payroll, benefits rolls, etc. If a model wants to retire, then just stop working, turn jobs down, and live your life. Daria never announced she was retiring, she just stopped taking jobs and found a life outside fashion. And when Phoebe asked her to come back, she decided to do so. No announcement about that either.
Don’t care about Julia, she quits so many time so I guess she even doesn’t know does she works or not

idk i really miss mika schneider, always a joy to see her on the runway, sadly only 3 times until now

Im quite interested to see what Greta Carnbring will bring, shes so early into her career and she has done a fair few shows already. I hope to see her more in her career!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->