Model skin & body care tips / products

missdior, i karmad you for your lovely scanning work. would anyone like to translate these, though? i'd love to read them but they're in russian and japanese!~!!!

dsq i dont have it in bigger version :doh:

amorousluna thanks for your sweet karma :kiss:

About Doutzen's and Inguna's fav products there wasnt nothing writen in the article more.

Here is translation about Eugenia ^_^

Lip Harmony

Cosmetics i dont use nearly at all. During the shows mine make up is done several times a day. The lipstick is taken off and put again that’s why lip balm is unreplacable for me.

• Soin Levres, Cle de Peau
Lip balm which is very soft, but at the same time a bit oily. In one moment it makes lips soft, beautiful and more protected from wind etc. Expensive package, so it is pleasent to hold in hands.
  • Nutilogie Levres, Vichy.
I extremlly love this balsam. Gives a perfect shine for lips. I have noticed it also absorbes into lips really fast. Pleasent, light scent. A must have.
  • Pastel repair, 02 Strawberry Shake and 01 Honey Milk, Loreal Paris
I like two shades: pinky and skin coloured, and it gives a milky shine. Extremly like the sweet strawberry scent. These are mine most fave.
  • Sweet Balm, 02 Lait Fraise, Lancome.
A bit too sticky for me, but i like the light pink shine it gives to mine lips. It protects really good, but dissapears fast. And the smell is really nice – caramel.
  • Baume Confort Levres, Sisley
It makes lips really pleasent, but i dont find the tube comfy. And it’s quiet sticky, mine hair sticks to it.
  • Duo Suave pour Levres Sucrees, Kenzoki.
I give it the first place. It’s smth i cant live during the fashion weeks. It contains ? and balsam, and the smell is really pleasent.

your welcome for the karma:wink:

thank you fo r the great translation! eugenia's one of my top favorites...

There's a page from Vogue China Sept 05 :smile: oooh Vogue China so kicks ***

scanned by me

Rough translation:

Blemishes, pimples, uneven skintone.... the most common skin problems, to models who rely on their faces to bring in money, it's a disaster. Harsh lighting of photoshoots, layers of make-up, bad habits such as smoking, binge drinking, long term dieting, long hours of continuous work, can often disrupt one's metabolism, resulting in unwanted problems. So how can you maintain flawless skin under constant pressure and stress?

Part 2 (second scan, starting from the left column)

Complete cleansing, can lessen long hours of make up wearing's damage to skin. Supermodles such as Naomi Campbell and Carmen Kass use products that contain ethanoic acid (?! - doesn't sound right, please no one try!) to counteract over production of sebaum due to pressure.
Experts advice: Thoroughly massage every part of your face, then rinse off completely, the effects of cleansing would be more noticible, at the same time can leave you looking more radiant.

Toners can remove trances of leave over cleanser, adjust the pH of your skin, help absorb moisturiser. It's also the most effective way of replenishing the water in your skin. In the 80s, Cindy Crawford beat dry skin caused by long flights, using non-ethanoic toner diluted with spring water, as a facial spray.
Experts advice: If your skin gets dry easily, you can use a non-ethanoic, but containing fruit extracts toner. Models most prefer Sisley Botanical Floral Toning Lotion.

Ahh I'm tired, and my chinese is so dodgy. I'll translate the rest later. You can get the gist anyway, most of the products and model names are mentioned in English

I guess is that ethanoic = ethanol = alcohol > that is why they mention in the text non-alcohol toners :rolleyes:

Karen Elson, from her thread
karenarticle1.jpg

thanks for all the posts everyone! :flower:

credit style.com

Pat McGrath on Calvin Klein

“Most of these girls are really perfect, so they need very little. What we’ve done is cleansed and toned, and before the moisturizer, we put an SK-II mask on them. This just gives them an all-over glow. It lifts the blood to the skin and gives you a beautiful boost.”

Sylwiasta said:
I guess is that ethanoic = ethanol = alcohol > that is why they mention in the text non-alcohol toners :rolleyes:

ethanoic acid is commonly known as acetic acid or household vinegar. ethanol is different, it is an alcohol, specifically, the type of alcohol you get drunk on in parties. hope that clears things up.:wink:

Mischa Barton says "I tend to drink a lot of water and sometimes I go for the occassional jog or walk my dog."

"Always use a good lip balm. I had sun poisoning so I had to learn the hard way." Rachel Bilson

Taken from my website

Hye Park Lover said:
Karen Elson, from her thread
"her thread" is not proper crediting - tFS does not own the images posted in the threads therefore you cannot credit tFS threads.
Please credit the magazine the image/page was scanned from and if possibly the issue as well, and the member who scanned the image/page :flower:

I love this thread... I really want to know what models use at the shows!

OK I went back to the Karen Elson thread to especially check for credit and it says "scanned by me" by Columbine

Exclusive! Supermodel beauty secrets revealed

Canadian knock-out Daria Werbowy talks about her must-have beauty products with ELLE online.

By Virginie Dolata & Lili English
From catwalks to Vogue covers to Lancôme campaigns, Canadian model darling Daria Werbowy is everywhere.

With her signature doe-like eyes and porcelain smooth skin, Daria has become, like the Naomis and Giseles of the world, one of the world's top models.

Here she talks about some of her personal make-up bag must-haves, the day she commited the biggest hair faux-pas and why her grandma gave her the best beauty advice.

EC: What is the first step in your morning beauty routine?
DW: I splash water on my face and then immediately moisturize.

EC: What is your nightly beauty ritual?
DW: I always clean my face thoroughly and apply lots of moisturizer.

EC: Can you tell us of any personal beauty tricks?
DW: I'll admit it, I spend a little bit of time in the sun. But I always wear a sunblock.

EC: Do you have any distinguishing features?
DW: I have a tatoo of little waves on one of my big toes.

EC: If you wanted to look ultra-seductive, what make-up would you use to accomplish this look?
DW: Black liner applied to the inside of the eye for maximum impact.
EC: Which beauty product do you never use?
DW: Hairspray.

EC: How do you care for your healthy mane?
DW: I treat myself to hot oil treatments on a regular basis. I prefer leaving my hair down and natural.
EC: What is the biggest hair faux-pas you've ever committed?
DW: I cut my hair really short once and bleached it. So much so, that it ended up turning grey! It was my agent's idea at the time and I cried all the way home on the subway. I looked like a cotton-bud. The only good thing that came out of it was that, ever since then, my hair is a lot thicker now!

EC: What do you like most about yourself?
DW: My eyes. I like my feet, too.

EC: What do you like the least about yourself?

DW: It depends on my mood, really! When I was young, I was taller than all the other children and I got called "Daddy Long Legs" and "Olive Oyle". My arms are also huge.

EC: What little indulgence do you allow yourself from time-to-time?
DW: Sailing. It is the best way to be close to nature and to recover and relax after a hard day's work. It makes me feel great.

EC: Perfume you cannot live without?
DW: Hypnôse of course!

EC: What is your overall beauty philosophy?
DW: The beauty I try to embody is one that isn't pre-fabricated, one that is more of an emotive beauty ... that of the soul, a truer form.

EC: What is the best beauty advice anyone has ever given you?
DW: My grandmother used lemon juice as a toner and cleanser. She squeezed it onto a cotton pad and cleansed her face with it. Once her skin is dry, she'd rinse with cold water.It works wonders for your skin. Also, my mom has always used Nutrix, created in 1935 by Lancôme. It's the best nourishing cream, especially in cold climates like you get in Canada!

EC: What are your make-up bag essentials?
DW: A toothbrush and a few of my favourite Juicy Tubes.

EC: Do you have any favourite beauty products?
DW: Bi facial make-up remover to get all of the products off of my face after a photo shoot, Aqua Fusion moisturizer and my trusted Juicy Tubes (all from Lancôme).

from ellecanada.com

dsq said:
ethanoic acid is commonly known as acetic acid or household vinegar. ethanol is different, it is an alcohol, specifically, the type of alcohol you get drunk on in parties. hope that clears things up.:wink:

Thank you Dsq for explaining! :flower: Sometomes these names in English are a bit confusing :blink:
I am making my own ACV toner , btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->