Moisturizer

etoilerouge

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been looking all over for insight on this matter, and I thought maybe you guys might have some good ideas. I've been having a lot of difficulty with finding the "perfect" moisturizer. I live in Austin, TX where temperatures are high and the sun is out all the time. I need a moisturizer that can provide a good amount of moisture (obviously) but that is light enough that it won't go gooey on me once I step out into the heat. If it could have some SPF to it as well that would be fantastic since the sun is out so much during the day.

Do you have any suggestions? Also, what do you use and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what you want your moisturizer for, and what kind of skin you have. I personally love Clinique's stuff because its odorless, it has excellent quality and it's quite affordable. My eyes could easily break any Guiness World records for allergies, so I swear by it.

I used to use Clinique's moisture surge thirst relief which is super light and it has a gel texture. It's really moisturizing, but it doesn't have any SPF, and I disliked the smell.

Then I switched to Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion because it was odorless and the girl in the store told me it was perfect for combination skin. To tell you the truth, I was unimpressed. Usually their moisturizers give you an instant "glow" and they kind of make your skin look more even... even if you don't have foundation on. And this didn't do the trick for me.

I recently bought Clinique Superdefense SPF 25... I think it has all you mentioned. It's super light, it has never gone gooey on me (I live in Miami so I also face high temperatures + humidity) and it has SPF. It literally melts into your skin and you don't even feel it. Another plus is they label it as "age defense" meaning that its for youngsters who fear wrinkles, and it's supposed to help you prevent them. I don't have any wrinkles yet so I can't tell you if it works on that regard, but overall, an excellent day cream.

for body, I like Lubriderm during the day. It's basic (my grandma uses it :D ) but it's the only lotion that sinks in right away for me. They have spf 15 and 30 versions, I think.

for face, I have yet to find the perfect one. I just ordered a Kimberley Sayer day cream/sunblock so we'll see how that turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->