Most expensive bag

dgie said:
I love the bolide! It's my favorite hermes bag!

me too -- this one is actually my second (also have a smaller black box calf one). I love the clean lines. but unfortunately it didn't occur to me until fater I bought them that I am not a handbag girl (and I hate using the strap). so they're sitting in storage, waiting to be passed on to a lucky daughter . . .

meeyowsa said:
me too -- this one is actually my second (also have a smaller black box calf one). I love the clean lines. but unfortunately it didn't occur to me until fater I bought them that I am not a handbag girl (and I hate using the strap). so they're sitting in storage, waiting to be passed on to a lucky daughter . . .

That's a waste- they're such beautiful bags. You should use them!
You're daughter is going to be very lucky to inherit those!!
Is your other one a 32inch?

dgie said:

I know -- I feel so guilty. but I have so many other bags that work better in my life. I honestly forget how big the smaller one is -- I'm thinking 28 (if there is such a size).

Hi all!

My most costly handbag, the one I drooled over, racked my brain over, many sleepless nights (j/k), sweated over til the day I was able to place that heavenly order throught the Neiman Marcus website, lol.......is my praline medium boston Gucci. Its the pride and joy of my bag collection, I actually refer to it as my "birkin" :innocent: because for me, it is the birkin of my closet, and its rich leather and gold hardware reminds me of one.

Hmmm.... well, I'm fortunate to have a fashion savvy mother. She's in love with handbags and owns so many, so I've never really bought one with my own money or anything. But there are some Dior's, Marc Jacobs's, Gucci's that she will never ever let me touch just cause they cost so darn much... :cry:

cloud9 said:
oh by the way
BV set the new record for the most expensive bag..
one of their bags cost almost $70000, apparently.
thats right, its not $7000. its $70000.

which BV bag is that? and you personally own it or just saw it at a boutique?

dgie said:

ditto - meeyosa, fyi - i'm up for adoption. :D

serenade_ingenue said:
:shock:
Is this bag embroidered with diamonds?
i believe it was in vogue last year. i have the issue, but i'm not sure what month it's from. i'll try to find a picture of the bag soon. it's red crocodile, and i believe the padlock is encrusted with a couple carats of diamonds.

brian said:
i believe it was in vogue last year. i have the issue, but i'm not sure what month it's from. i'll try to find a picture of the bag soon. it's red crocodile, and i believe the padlock is encrusted with a couple carats of diamonds.

i guess handbags ARE a form or jewelery....^_^

Yeah, I saw that as well. It was a Shiny Red Croc with Diamonds.

They made some of those to celebrate the 20th birthday of birkins last year.

hermes_lemming said:
which BV bag is that? and you personally own it or just saw it at a boutique?

hahaha are you kidding??!!?!
a 70k bag... sh*t i WISH i owned it :lol:
i read it from an article in W.
its made of 20 something crocs... or something like that.. so ive read....
crazy huh

brian said:
:o which gambler is it? do you have pics? :heart:

of course i have pics :smile: (sorta crappy ones, but, i was so excited when it got it, i couldn't concentrate!)
it's the yellow/blue tartan one..
i use it much more than anyone would think a bag like this would be used :woot:

i had my heart set on this particular bag, because...what i REALLY wanted were the flat creepers that matched it. but since i KNEW getting those would be a futile search, i needed the bag......
if only i could get those shoes now :cry:

Attachments

• gambler01.jpg
    gambler01.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 14
  • gambler03.jpg
    gambler03.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha, that makes me feel better... i'm still dreaming about hits G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S 34 cm kelly that's about $34k! i'm sure that i mentioned it on either this thread or another. the SA said that it's made w/ a 10 yr croc. *sigh*:blush:

cloud9 said:
hahaha are you kidding??!!?!
a 70k bag... sh*t i WISH i owned it :lol:
i read it from an article in W.
its made of 20 something crocs... or something like that.. so ive read....
crazy huh

QuirkyCool said:
That would be my Mulberry Roxanne:smile: 850euros.I am new to bags;I'm a partially converted shoe-aholic!

And I only got my Roxy two days ago,and have worn it both days since:P Changed to another bag to go grocery shopping yesterday evening though;Roxy is just too heavy to go some places.(In Europe you walk to the grocery store and carry your bags back home...alien concept to some Americans I would think!)

Can you carry the Roxy on your shoulders? Where can we get it online?

brian said:

I saw a couple of those at the rue Faubourg St-Honoré shop:woot: I think it was in 2003 I believe, there were 3 shelves full of black croc birkins and kellys with diamond padlocks...I remember I almost fainted when I saw their prices but I forgot :innocent:89000 can be quite right :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudette said:
Can you carry the Roxy on your shoulders? Where can we get it online?

The shoulder straps are quite short.I can wear it on my shoulders if I wear summer clothes.Over a thick coat,however,it doesn't stay up.

Online at www.mulberry.com :flower: They provided good service and rapid delivery.

The shoulder strap issue is the one disadvantage of the Roxy,but the proportions of the bag wouldn't be that great with longer straps.

Despite this,I'm still loving it:D

Alert everyone - I saw one on ebay last night w/ diamonds going for $14-16k. I honestly don't remember if it was a kelly or birkin but the color is black. It's being sold by an appraisal company of sorts. I guess someone is filing for bankruptcy or liquidating.

Swank said:
Yeah, I saw that as well. It was a Shiny Red Croc with Diamonds.

They made some of those to celebrate the 20th birthday of birkins last year.

hermes-lemming
i post a link to it above. btw, it's an auction house in nyc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greg1979
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->