Most expensive bag

hermes_lemming said:
Wonderful, I guess this means that I will not be obtaining my $32k croc kelly in the near future. If your dad almost had a heart attack, my husband might just divorce me! Such a same too...^_^

Hahahaha, I could just imagine a guy divorcing his wife because she bought an expensive handbag. I really dont get it. My dad can certainly afford it but thinks spending money on handbags is the stupidest thing ever.

He expects my mother and I to use one handbag for the next 10 years. Silly man!

If the bag costs as much as a car, I guess the person paying would expect it to be used as long as a car. :lol:

whizkit said:
If the bag costs as much as a car, I guess the person paying would expect it to be used as long as a car. :lol:

See, my father can't use that argument because he's really into sports cars and has been known to buy 3 in one year. He feels about cars the way my mother an I feel for handbags. So he is in no position to yell at us.

ALthough he did warn my fiance that I could potentially put him in the poor house. :D

Well the SA said that this croc was 10 yrs old! I'm not sure if that makes a difference but let's just say that the sight alone is quite breath-taking. Ohhhh:P I'll be dreaming about it tonight (cuz that's the only place I can EVER own such a thing... in my dreams... hahahahah:lol: )

MJCouture said:
$32k? :shock: I was almost sure that most croc kellys were in the teens, not that high.

32k= college tuition :(
okay. so whos with me? :lol:
lets get together and buy some crocs in aus....
and in 10 years we will all have our own 10 yr old crocs to take to hermes for a customized birkin....

CelineChic said:
See, my father can't use that argument because he's really into sports cars and has been known to buy 3 in one year. He feels about cars the way my mother an I feel for handbags. So he is in no position to yell at us.

ALthough he did warn my fiance that I could potentially put him in the poor house. :D
Sorry but in my humble opinion your father works for the money so he can indeed say something against it when it comes to spending it on something that expensive ! And if he spends his money on something he likes its his own business cause it is his money. :ninja: No offense

Dont remember exact prices of all, but

1- 35 hermes dark purple (plum)

2- sea green balenciaga weekender

3-blue jeans balendiaga weekender

4-big green python Gucci hobo, dont know the name of it, but special ordered it from gucci here in paris , i got the most compliments on it! gorgeous!

5- one medium balenciaga in bubble gum pink

6-one medium belnciaga in blue/gray

7-bottega venetta classic in baby blue
8- pucci silk messenger bag

and many more...

my FAVE and first expensive bag i bought (like 5 years ago, when i was 18) was a red leather prada bowling bag..i think it was around 1000 something dollars..I still lovvvvvvvvve it like a baby

and im hoping to get a fendi spy bag in gold python!...

when will i ever have enough?! LOL:angry:

speaking of croc birkins, I have a girl who goes to my university here in paris who carries her black 35 croc birkin to school and stuffs it with books! it looks ugly!!!!!!! if i had one i wont be taking it to school with me and throwing it on the dirty streets of paris.:angry: :angry: :angry:

lilach said:
Sorry but in my humble opinion your father works for the money so he can indeed say something against it when it comes to spending it on something that expensive ! And if he spends his money on something he likes its his own business cause it is his money. :ninja: No offense

I take no offence, but in my mother's defence I must say that technically its both their money. My mother's family is quite well off due to the fact that they're in the oil business and she has a lot of savings. Her and my dad have a joint account and keep both their monies in the account.

ALthough you're right, my dad does work very hard for his money, but in the end they both have money in that account that belongs to both of them. Its just that my mother never worked a day in her life so she doesn't know the value of a dollar like my father does.

Oh don't worry about it. Luckily for my hubby, I've been working since I was 15 yrs old so I'm VERY familiar w/ the value of money. To each their own! You might as well enjoy life while you can.:P

CelineChic said:
I take no offence, but in my mother's defence I must say that technically its both their money. My mother's family is quite well off due to the fact that they're in the oil business and she has a lot of savings. Her and my dad have a joint account and keep both their monies in the account.

ALthough you're right, my dad does work very hard for his money, but in the end they both have money in that account that belongs to both of them. Its just that my mother never worked a day in her life so she doesn't know the value of a dollar like my father does.

UNiQFashionista said:
speaking of croc birkins, I have a girl who goes to my university here in paris who carries her black 35 croc birkin to school and stuffs it with books! it looks ugly!!!!!!! if i had one i wont be taking it to school with me and throwing it on the dirty streets of paris.:angry: :angry: :angry:

haha, if I were the girl, I would still carry the birkin to school, just to show off
but carry the book by my hand :D

We don't know how much her mother's bag cost and frankly, it's none of our business. What people do w/ their own money is their own business. They're free to make their own decisions. The same thought applies to other parties (e.g. case a: people who chose to donate to charity and case b: people who'd rather buy a nice car vs. using the money towards a college education.)

cloud9 said:
32k= college tuition :(
okay. so whos with me? :lol:
lets get together and buy some crocs in aus....
and in 10 years we will all have our own 10 yr old crocs to take to hermes for a customized birkin....

UNiQFashionista said:

I would do it if I had ten :lol:

My most expensive bag I had was actually a gift from my best friend. She got me a juicy couture bag( looks like the birkin) and it was around 475.00. I kept it for one week before we returned it. It was a gorgeous bag, but it weighed a ton, WITHOUT my stuff in it. The straps were too short to put it over my shoulder, and it was too heavy for the crook of my arm or to just carry in my hand. So, i returned it and bought a coach! Now I am dying for a balenciaga or one of those BE&D bags (love the Crawford bag)

my most expensive bag is a fendi mama bag...it's the only one of my designer bags that i bought full price. there are times i regret having bought it...then again, with bags..NO REGRETS!!! :lol:

my most expensive bag - 28cm bicolor kelly in togo leather Euro3600 (although I don't have it yet, expecting it by end of MAy or early June).

my vintage seafoam twiggy balenciaga..:flower:

twiggy3.jpg

it's a permanent part of my body when i go out to anything =).. and it seems to go with anything i wear too! and it's the perfect size.. and it feels like a dream!
i love it.. it's great on so many levels.
so i couldn't afford it; but hey - i couldn't pass on the offer either! so i'll be putting my paychecks to repayments for a little while..

i looked at all the other bags in the price range available, but nothing from any of the other designers appealed to me nearly as much..
balenciaga is the only one i love, and have loved since it came out in 2001... and the only one where the hefty price tag doesnt make me feel :sick:.. for some reason, my love for it fully justifies the price?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
dreamboatannie said:
My most expensive bag I had was actually a gift from my best friend. She got me a juicy couture bag( looks like the birkin) and it was around 475.00. I kept it for one week before we returned it. It was a gorgeous bag, but it weighed a ton, WITHOUT my stuff in it. The straps were too short to put it over my shoulder, and it was too heavy for the crook of my arm or to just carry in my hand. So, i returned it and bought a coach! Now I am dying for a balenciaga or one of those BE&D bags (love the Crawford bag)

OH MY GOSH! I know which one youre talking about... I just bought mine in pink this weekend and am gonna return it on Sat (coming up)... its cheap!
The straps are not real leather and after 2 light uses have started to develop small tears!
Totally upseting because it was so perfect for the use that I needed... :(
But I figured if it couldnt hang for Sunday breakfast and a light shopping day at Saks, then it can not possibly be for me...:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaVigo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->