Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chanel is expensive but the fact that you can send faulty/broken products to them and they will fix them for no charge kind of justifies it, that's at least the case with accessories. I worked part-time at a boutique which sells Chanel and customers would even bring bags they bought 10 years ago and we would send them to Chanel and they would fix them. I mean you'll pay something like €1500 for a bag that you will have forever, it's expensive but you get more for your money's worth than when you buy some tacky, poor quality Dior bag...

Heatherette, no comment.

Some of the Dior homme clothing, I have a problem paying $$$ for something that I can find at the Punk store down the street. Some of it might be worth it (those gold heels), but some of the stuff's like 'come on!'.

I have never understood the prices of Prada, a bag that could literally be sold for £30 and no one would think twice, because it looks even less, for upto £500. Absolutely tragic...

^Just think of how much it really probably is to actually make. I think if we knew what really goes into most of those pieces I think alot of intelligent Prada customers would be appalled. It'd be like a high fashion wal-mart incident when it only costs 18 cents to produce a 15 dollar product. I mean,their fabrics are horrendous and the construction is very below par mass market-like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Prada is out of control these days. Even on sale the clothes are way over priced and the quality stinks. I love Dolce, but the fabrics are not as good as they used to be, so that makes it not a very justifiable cost either. Other offenders include: Cheap & Chic (which is hardly cheap), Miu Miu, Missoni and Chanel.:innocent:

Prada. holy, if you buy socks from this woman you will be broke. no question.

I know! I noticed this one coat that looked like something you could find for say, $800 at a department store that was $6,000! It was nothing! It serves no purpose to keep you warm, protect you from the rain, etc. It is now on sale for $4,000 and is still hidiously overpriced! The quality stinks. It's a joke. You would be better off flushing that money directly down the toilet. The pricing is obscene and there are so many better designers out there now that are a much better value. You would have to be a fool to buy the crap. Prada sport is better quality and a better value. IMO:blink:

I definitely agree with all of you out there who think that Prada is not worth its pricing. Recently, I tried on a $2700 Prada coat at Jeffrey in Atlanta, GA, and not only was one of the buttons coming off, but the shoulder seams were unraveling as well. The lining was of some terrible synthetic fabric, and the coat seemed so thin I doubt it would have kept me warm in my coastal hometown of Mobile, AL, where the temperature can hover around 75 mid-winter. I also have owned several nylon Prada bags whose linings have completely unraveled, making them utterly useless in my opinion, because I don't like reaching for my wallet to find bits of my bag attached to it. I also agree that Chanel is overpriced, but only their casualwear. I don't mind the pricing of their bags because they are beautifully made and are in the same price range of comparable bags out there. I do not understand, however, how Chanel can charge $1200 for a simple white T-shirt. Any woman who would buy that has some serious label issues, no matter the size of her bank account.

I haven't seen anyone mention armani yet once in this 17 page long thread lol, i'm not saying his stuff is bad or anything, hes my favourite designer and has really good quality stuff that doesn't reach rediculous prices but doesn't anyone like armani here??

For overpriced stuff i'd have to say all the more popular designers because those are the ones that people buy the most so they are able to charge higher prices for their stuff so i'd have to say gucci, versaci, chanel, marc jacobs, prada ect. some of these are good quality but are mostly all over priced for the value of what your actually getting.

I think HERMES is one the most expensive brand..:( unfortunately, it's also the brand of my favorite bag, the Birkin bag!

my opinion

overpriced: marc jacobs, michael kors, prada, miu miu, yohji yamamoto, comme des garcons, costume national, dior, chanel, cheap & chic, gucci
DVF

Hermes, Balenciaga even though I love their stuff, and Heatherette, big time.

hmmm well I was talking about prices in Japan tho...I had a white dress for $800 from helmut lang...which was made of cotton

heres my opinion, everyone here is criticizing about how expensive all the designer stuff is but yet again tomorow your gonna go out and buy a 500$ pair of jeans that you could get for 50$ because of the name brand, so theres your answer, thats why their prices are soo high because people buy em.

expensivestuff said:
heres my opinion, everyone here is criticizing about how expensive all the designer stuff is but yet again tomorow your gonna go out and buy a 500$ pair of jeans that you could get for 50$ because of the name brand, so theres your answer, thats why their prices are soo high because people buy em.

ok, yoda.

:lol: :lol: nice faust

...I don't like when people refrence the jeans topic. It is so played out. A $50 pair of jeans is just not the same as a $200 pair. If I was to buy my jeans at American Eagle for $50 I would be buying a new pair every month. (I have before:doh: ...when I was younger...and they would always tear in the corner of the back pockets)

...anyway back on topic. Dior as a whole is overpriced. The women's stuff is ridiculous! :shock: Dior Homme can be rather up there as well, but I cant resist:rolleyes:

as much as i love Marni- its a bit over priced for what your getting!
Marc Jacobs ,Chanel RTW,Yohji,Chloe (silk camis for 900 euros?!),balenciaga rtw
although my closet is full of these disgners..I wish they were more affordable..cuz when i think about it..alot of the items are just not worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->