Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never owned any designer pieces so I can't vouch for quality but the 3 that Scott listed are the first ones that came to mind. Especially Marc Jacobs. Don't get me wrong, I find a lot of the stuff looks cute but I nearly fell out of my chair when I found out how much it costs.

Calvin Klein is one of the most overpriced designer according to me & of course Jil Sander, MaxMara & other labels whose products are simply fabricated.

Chanel- I agree with Alejandro on how a tweed suit cost nearly $6000. Sorry for $6000 dollars you know how much stuff you can put into your closets including accessories or how many charity you can help. Although some of their stuff is nice but just not worth the $$$$$$$$$.

Fendi- Sorry but I just don't find anything special about it.

Dooney and Burke- Well not that expensive but overpriced for some of the crap they put out.

Oh and Tommy Hilfiger for the fact that he has little children in sweatshops in south america making his t-shirts for only pennies and selling it for $100.

I like him... But I have to agree with the few before me...

Marc Jacobs... hands down is way overpriced.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:14 pm
Dior is so overpriced, really, super overpriced :doh:
but the quality of the clothing is superb!
this is a thread about designers who overcharge for crappy quality things, remember :wink:

...dior does this once in a while with the accessories, though, like crappy plastic bracelets and necklaces and crap for like $100 and up!

and don't forget those stupid Golf sweatbands for over $60!

02f.jpg

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

also the fall 2004 runway shoes.....the creepers.....are completely ludicrously priced. i mean, i can understand the crocodile ones being $2000- manolo blahnik charges that (and then some) for his crocodile pumps, even... but the pair that i want is CANVAS and rubber, with a pricetag of $1200! YEESH!

00040f.jpg
here they are

it's all personal preference though. cos i know if i had the money i would definitely buy all of the pairs of these shoes that i want :ninja:

Originally posted by brian+Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:14 pm
Dior is so overpriced, really, super overpriced :doh:
but the quality of the clothing is superb!
this is a thread about designers who overcharge for crappy quality things, remember :wink:

...dior does this once in a while with the accessories, though, like crappy plastic bracelets and necklaces and crap for like $100 and up!

and don't forget those sh*tty Golf sweatbands for over $60!

02f.jpg

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

also the fall 2004 runway shoes.....the creepers.....are completely ludicrously priced. i mean, i can understand the crocodile ones being $2000- manolo blahnik charges that (and then some) for his crocodile pumps, even... but the pair that i want is CANVAS and rubber, with a pricetag of cost $1200! YEESH!

00040f.jpg
here they are

it's all personal preference though. cos i know if i had the money i would definitely buy all of the pairs of these shoes that i want :ninja: [/b][/quote]
What about those dog leash lanyards, brian?

Those were sexy.

:lol:

Originally posted by luna@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm

Those were sexy.

EW! :cry:

Originally posted by brian+Jun 25th, 2004 - 7:06 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 7:06 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm

Those were sexy.

EW! :cry: [/b][/quote]
Aww... *hug*

also, how can anyone forget CHANEL's spring 2004 cassette clutch...

100118201.jpg

$1600 for a hunk of molded plastic on a chain?
still makes me go nuts.. :lol:

and i still want one! :\

:hardhead:

Originally posted by luna+Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:07 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (luna @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:07 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by brian@Jun 25th, 2004 - 7:06 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-luna
@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm

Those were sexy.

EW! :cry:
Aww... *hug* [/b][/quote]
:flower:

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jun 25th, 2004 - 2:19 pm
4) John Galliano

5) Anything Couture :flower:
+ John Galliano is the same story as Dior, albeit his line is even MORE outrageously priced, but the pieces are wonderful quality. All of his pieces are gorgeously crafted out of wonderful fabrics and it's luxe luxe luxxxxxxxxxe though, so it's justified......in a sense!
:ninja: :flower: :flower:

+ Same with haute couture! :ninja:
Except haute couture is completely (or as much as possible) done by hand, which is tedius and extremely labor-intensive... etc etc

Personally I think Dior is very stupidly overpriced. I don't know much about the quality, but most of the stuff is so horribly tacky that it just can't be worth the high prices. The shoes and bags are actually not badly priced, but the clothing is ridiculous. I don't care what type of cotton was used on this (see below) top, it is still a 100% cotton sleevless polo, done in a tacky motif, and it is soo not worth $500.

p10561944_ph_hero.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big label wh*re, but Dior's stuff is just so blah, there is nothing to it, the house has basically turned into an upscale casual wear company, churning out over priced tee shirts and tacky skirts and trousers.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:50 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big label wh*re, but Dior's stuff is just so blah, there is nothing to it, the house has basically turned into an upscale casual wear company, churning out over priced tee shirts and tacky skirts and trousers.
um, have you even ever been to a dior boutique?
dior is hardly a label of total casual wear, and the boutiques are not filled to the brims at all with t-shirts and pants.
there's so much more to it than that, honestly, but the more casual crap is what sells on eluxury! :flower:

chanel has the most overpriced makeup in the world! a lipgloss for 73 dollers i was about to buy soda a couple days ago and i just saw the price and was like dude no way id rather buy a juicy tube....but for bags and clothes chanel, dior, and prada.

I mean .. it depends ... some brands that are uber-expensive can be found at cheap prices/sale on some oportunities, if you guys are like me ... if you fall for a piece, the price tag won't matter, as long as you get it (and it's quality, duh!)!
Hum ... Chanel is a bit overpriced, but it's nice quality ... same with Helmut Lang, and there are times when stuff from Hermes makes me go :blink:
I dunno .. everything comes to be a smart shopper and compare and investigate! :wink:

Originally posted by brian+Jun 25th, 2004 - 8:00 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 8:00 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MJCouture@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:50 pm
um, have you even ever been to a dior boutique?
dior is hardly a label of total casual wear, and the boutiques are not filled to the brims at all with t-shirts and pants.
there's so much more to it than that, honestly, but the more casual crap is what sells on eluxury! :flower: [/b][/quote]
Actually my apartment is about five minutes from a Dior store, I pass it almost everyday when I am in New York, and do go in frequently. I may have overstated when I said it has turned into a casual line, but in my opinion a whole bunch of the stuff's only claim to anything is the fact that it has the word "Dior" written on it in some tacky way. I own several items (all accesories) that I love from Dior, but I am just not sold on most of the label.

I'd say Dior.
actually I don't think the Dior pieces I own are overpriced because of their great quality/cutting...etc. however, I find the prices of LOTS Dior items insane, just way overpriced considering what you are getting :wacko:

when i know what goes into making a garment, a sample... and everything... i don't think designer clothes are over priced at all. especially if they pay attention to details and quality construction. :blush:

Dior Homme - tell my why exactly I would want to buy a Dior Homme suit for £2000 when I can get bespoke from Savile Row for £2700...insane - good design shouldn't cost that much...

I hate how just because something's designer it's hundreds of dollars more than something not designer! For instance at a Chanel boutique the other day there were pony tail holders that looked completely normal, cheap plastic, something you could probably get at a Macy's, Wal-Mart, any department or even discount store! But since in one corner of the plastic cube on the holder it had a tiny Chanel logo- somewhere in the range of $175!!! absolutely ridiculous! :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelkt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->