Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Asdiklon@Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:29 pm
I mean that some people have so much money that buying a coat for 2000 dollars doesnt seem like something extraordinary to them.
so true

Things are only worth as much as people will pay for them. If the company is coming out ahead, well, kudos to them.

But in my personal opinion, Tommy Hilfiger (which is utter junk.. the navy fades and $200 coats fall apart :furious: ), Juicy, some of the Chanel, and DEFINATELY Versace. :shock:

when reading this topic the first names i think of are vuitton and chanel...i think that both only price their objects to make them more exclusive. yes there is quality involved but...when i think of the other houses....gucci, dior, fendi, most anyone...you can ALWAYS find their stuff on sale at some point during the year. there aren't many people who can't afford a half priced bag from most of the houses but when bag prices get up into the high thousands (without being hermes) i start to flinch.

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:29 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:29 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asdiklon@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:50 am

In common, they are all overpriced.  :innocent:
*edited to say: I agree, with Asdiklon.

Still boutiques are much responsible for the high prices, retail price = wholesale price plus :shock: 150 to 250%

x-factory price can occasionaly end multiplied almost three by the time it reaches the end customer... with taxes, advertisment & shipment included :wacko:
meaning the Dior t-shirt starts retailing at around 53$ and reaches 175$ retail ..

c'est tres compliquè :ninja: [/b][/quote]
I agree, and that is exactly what bugs me! Suckers who pay for the adertisements, while they should be paying for the clothes. I would love to see the exact % figure that advertising costs consumers. I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 25% for Dior, Chanel, Prada, Gucci, etc...

Originally posted by faust+Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:42 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (faust @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:42 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:29 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Asdiklon
@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:50 am

In common, they are all overpriced.  :innocent:

*edited to say: I agree, with Asdiklon.

Still boutiques are much responsible for the high prices, retail price = wholesale price plus :shock: 150 to 250%

x-factory price can occasionaly end multiplied almost three by the time it reaches the end customer... with taxes, advertisment & shipment included :wacko:
meaning the Dior t-shirt starts retailing at around 53$ and reaches 175$ retail ..

c'est tres compliquè :ninja:
I agree, and that is exactly what bugs me! Suckers who pay for the adertisements, while they should be paying for the clothes. I would love to see the exact % figure that advertising costs consumers. I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 25% for Dior, Chanel, Prada, Gucci, etc... [/b][/quote]
lol..

i remember those t-shirts when I was in London last summer. The sales staff in the Dior boutique were wearing those :smile: i guess it was their summer uniform at the time

Originally posted by Spike413+Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:11 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike413 @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:11 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@Jun 26th, 2004 - 6:02 pm

i think the same of heatherette as well...

:sick:
I like to think of Heatherette as Crack wh*re Couture. They charge you thousands of dollars, but you wind up looking like you rolled out of a dumpster with a syringe and crack pipe in your purse. It's 80's prom queens hit by an 18 wheeler, dragged a few miles, thrown into CBGB for an hour, and retiring for the evening in the nearest crack house........just a personal opinion :innocent: [/b][/quote]
I beg to differ ... I've seen some very very reasonably priced KEY pieces from Heatherette (and I get a third-world-country salary/wage!)

Originally posted by faust@Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:42 am
I would love to see the exact % figure that advertising costs consumers. I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 25% for Dior, Chanel, Prada, Gucci, etc...
My guess is that it's more like %70 of the t-shirt price goes to advertising and brand marketing. I mean how much could it cost to make a t-shirt? Most of it goes to celebrity endorsements. They get millions of dollars just to have their photo taken while wearing something.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:11 pm
when reading this topic the first names i think of are vuitton and chanel...i think that both only price their objects to make them more exclusive. yes there is quality involved but...when i think of the other houses....gucci, dior, fendi, most anyone...you can ALWAYS find their stuff on sale at some point during the year. there aren't many people who can't afford a half priced bag from most of the houses but when bag prices get up into the high thousands (without being hermes) i start to flinch.
mikeijames - I agree with you Chanel and vuitton do seem exorbitantly £££. However I disagree that there aren't many people who can afford a designer bag at half price - most people cannnot afford to spend hundreds of £/$ on a handbag. Its only people who are the elite in financial terms that can pay those prices for bags - the top few percentile in terms of average wealth. I think its important to remember that.

I have to agree with all those who said Chanel... I love some of the label's pieces, but I could never imagine paying so much money for clothes! And, that has to mean something coming from someone who is told she "has no idea of the value of a dollar."! Still... I think Chanel is okay for accessories (esp. sunglasses), and I doubt I would complain about their prices if I could actually afford them. :wink: lol.

Dior Women, Roberto Cavalli and Marc Jacobs.
I haven't bought anything from the 3, but looking through prices from magazines, I felt such.

Originally posted by steeltoe@Jun 30th, 2004 - 5:04 am
Dior Women
Agreed:

00170f.jpg

That dress cost over $15000....absurd! :angry:

Originally posted by Mr-Dale+Jun 30th, 2004 - 2:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr-Dale @ Jun 30th, 2004 - 2:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-steeltoe@Jun 30th, 2004 - 5:04 am
Dior Women
Agreed:

00170f.jpg

That dress cost over $15000....absurd! :angry: [/b][/quote]
:huh: 15000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :angry: :blink: :wacko: I faint fram these prices... :hardhead:

I'd say Dior, seems to be mostly trash. And Tommy Hilfiger. Nothing but common junk, that one.
How about those drab Louis Vuitton monogram (brown) bags ?The only reason anyone buys that is because it's LV..and sadly, many people do. And then the money goes. BAM. A whole load of it. :yuk:

Originally posted by Mr-Dale+Jun 30th, 2004 - 8:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr-Dale @ Jun 30th, 2004 - 8:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-steeltoe@Jun 30th, 2004 - 5:04 am
Dior Women
Agreed:

00170f.jpg

That dress cost over $15000....absurd! :angry: [/b][/quote]
OMG this dress is heaven! :woot: :flower: and the one behind it !!! I would pay $15000 for it . Don't you just love the ruffling detail and the cute flower bouquet? Most of those expensive dresses/gowns have a reason to be so expensive :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Jul 1st, 2004 - 12:38 am
Most of those expensive dresses/gowns have a reason to be so expensive :rolleyes:
Yeah, but this doesnt... :P

Had that Dior dress' waist been more cinched, and strcutured it wouldn't have looked so terrible. Paired with some heels.

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Jun 30th, 2004 - 6:38 pm

OMG this dress is heaven! :woot: :flower: and the one behind it !!! I would pay $15000 for it . Don't you just love the ruffling detail and the cute flower bouquet? Most of those expensive dresses/gowns have a reason to be so expensive :rolleyes:
Are you being serious or sarcastic...I can't tell because of the :rolleyes: in the end :P

Originally posted by Mr-Dale+Jul 1st, 2004 - 5:54 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr-Dale @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 5:54 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Foxie-Pooh@Jun 30th, 2004 - 6:38 pm

Are you being serious or sarcastic...I can't tell because of the :rolleyes: in the end :P [/b][/quote]
I seriously :heart: the dresses in the collection. I also believe that the 15 grand price tag is reasonable. Has anyone actually seen the dress in person? It's difficult to judge just by pictures. It makes me :cry: to hear people bashing my Johnny :blink: In my heart he can do no wrong :flower: Although he may get carried away sometimes, he has always turned amazing runway shows and fun clothes.

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh+Jul 1st, 2004 - 12:09 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foxie-Pooh @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 12:09 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 1st, 2004 - 5:54 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Foxie-Pooh
@Jun 30th, 2004 - 6:38 pm

OMG this dress is heaven!  :woot:  :flower:  and the one behind it !!! I would pay $15000 for it . Don't you just love the ruffling detail and the cute flower bouquet? Most of those expensive dresses/gowns have a reason to be so expensive  :rolleyes:

Are you being serious or sarcastic...I can't tell because of the :rolleyes: in the end :P
I seriously :heart: the dresses in the collection. I also believe that the 15 grand price tag is reasonable. Has anyone actually seen the dress in person? It's difficult to judge just by pictures. It makes me :cry: to hear people bashing my Johnny :blink: In my heart he can do no wrong :flower: Although he may get carried away sometimes, he has always turned amazing runway shows and fun clothes. [/b][/quote]
Ok! I love the dresses too! Aside from that, the bags, the diced earrings, the big bracelets and this beltchain thingy I don't like much about the show. But he is also my Johnny :smile:P) 'cause aside from this collection there isn't a thing he dis I dislike!

00120f.jpg

But still I think the dress is overpriced, definetly overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->