"Must Hate" of Summer 2005

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
We all know what Trends will be put upon us in Summer 2005 - Which one of them do you despise the most?

What`s your "Must Hate" (opposite of "Must have") in Summer 2005? (Colour schemes, Runway Trends, Street Style, Accessoires etc)

My Must Hates are:

-Orange Lips :sick: (Come on, that colour makes NOBODY prettier) (as seen on Miu Miu & Paul Smith Runway)
-Colours: touquise, orange, light-green (not sure about coral yet...)
-Hippie Style
-Flower prints
-Flat Sandals (nobody who weighs over 100 pounds can afford to wear them!)

I agree with all of the above...except flat sandals. I think one must know how to wear them, just sacrifice the skirts and pair them with a pair of jeans or trousers instead.

Em

miserylovescompany said:
I agree with all of the above...except flat sandals. I think one must know how to wear them, just sacrifice the skirts and pair them with a pair of jeans or trousers instead.

Em

Yes, that`s indeed the only choice!

And I every own a pair of flat Sandals :smile:

sergio-rossi.jpg

I bought them in Milan last summer because the side-walks there are SO BAD and my High Heels killed me...I guess I`ll wear them again in Milan this summer...maybe with white Capri Trousers...

But come on, what Miuccia Prada send down her Runway for this summer (Sandal-wise) is just indiscussable! :sick:

I love flat sandals and tourquise... a tourquise dress or skirt is on the top of my list!

Must Hate:
bohemian luxe-anything too hippie or gypsy is bad
espadrilles/wedge-never liked them
baggy/oversized pants or sweatshirts
nauticals- the only exception is Balenciaga

Foxie-Pooh said:
Must Hate:
baggy/oversized pants or sweatshirts
nauticals- the only exception is Balenciaga

I hate baggy pants too! It appears that Designers don`t want to celebrate the female figure this summer :( Fashion`s most important obligation is STILL (& always will be!) making people more beautieful! So, TO HELL WITH FLAT SHOES & BAGGY PANTS! :angry:

Oh yes, Balenciaga was a REVELATION! :heart: Awesome! And the shoes! Oh my! Where is the next Balenciaga Store! :woot:

I understand your objection to nauticals...I also refused a long time but this summer I`ll "carefully go there" (maybe a striped Shirt and a Marine Blazer...) - did you see the Helmut Lang Knot Sandals!?! FABULOUS!

Straw bags are ugly as sin and oh-so soccer mom to boot.

...I like all the things mentioned. I think it depends on each person, I know I can pull off apricot/nectarine lips even.

Oversized clothes look great when paired with another, form-fitting garment. I'm a fan...

orange lips look great if you have enough tan..

*africa/marocco/india/ethnik influences
*uneven hems
*high heel wedges
*turquoise

But why do you go to Milan in summer? Doesnt matter what shoes you have, it's horrible anyway! ^_^
Heroin_Chic said:
Yes, that`s indeed the only choice!

And I every own a pair of flat Sandals :smile:

sergio-rossi.jpg

I bought them in Milan last summer because the side-walks there are SO BAD and my High Heels killed me...I guess I`ll wear them again in Milan this summer...maybe with white Capri Trousers...

But come on, what Miuccia Prada send down her Runway for this summer (Sandal-wise) is just indiscussable! :sick:

I like orange lips, flat sandals, flower prints. The trends I usually hate are less from the catwalk, more from celebrities- new classic example = ponchos. So I'll have to wait and see what everyone and their 5 year old daughter will be wearing

Milano is horrible all year round.. hate this place, Rome is beautiful though, must visit

Heroin_Chic said:
We all know what Trends will be put upon us in Summer 2005 - Which one of them do you despise the most?

What`s your "Must Hate" (opposite of "Must have") in Summer 2005? (Colour schemes, Runway Trends, Street Style, Accessoires etc)

My Must Hates are:

-Orange Lips :sick: (Come on, that colour makes NOBODY prettier) (as seen on Miu Miu & Paul Smith Runway)
-Colours: touquise, orange, light-green (not sure about coral yet...)
-Hippie Style
-Flower prints
-Flat Sandals (nobody who weighs over 100 pounds can afford to wear them!)

I actually like all of those trends (except for orange lipst) :unsure: . A trend I don't like is the nautical shirts and baggy pants. I also don't like snakeskin and animal prints in general, and they're around every year.

I love the bohemian/hippie look. Though I don't think it should really be a trend since that is some people's lifestyle look. Anyhow, I really dislike these trends from the ss 05 runway.

*hair parted in the middle
*empire waist lines
*drapy shirts/dresses
*baggy trousers

- those hideous jelly bags everyone seemed to be using this past summer
- ruffled mini skirts

Must hate of SS 2005:

- Dresses and pants that maks you look like a twig (think Calvin Klein :sick:)
- Espadrilles (have one pair in navy that i like, but they're rather slim shaped)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->