"Must Hate" of Summer 2005

miserylovescompany said:
Orange. God I hate the color. I am looking around my room right now and I don't even own anything orange.
Em

Me neither!

miserylovescompany said:
Orange. God I hate the color. I am looking around my room right now and I don't even own anything orange.

Em

What are you talking about? :unsure:

:lol: :flower:

hmmmm....see, this is why i hate trends to begin with - the so-called "bohemian" look is a lifestyle, not a trend - i've been wearing it all my life, my parents made us do yoga as a family when we were little kids, we were only allowed to drink freshly pressed carrot juice, my parents were on juice fasts half the time, and i think i have inscence permanently imbedded in my dna - and it wasn't b/c it was TRENDY - it was just the lifestyle we led....and i wear my tunics and african bangles with pride thank you very much...

and i LUV baggy pants - i am so sic of seeing assess and cracks and salami thighs squeezed into skin tight pants - beauty for a women should be about colour and fabric and cut, not look at my *** and t*ts
with my rant over, i hate the orange and fur trends, as well as the return of black as an over-all colour pallete

Last edited by a moderator:
ohhhhhhh- now i remember - i HATE HATE HATE jeans. don't get me wrong, i like them for the day and i am a student so i wear them a alot for those 8am classes - but i am sooooo sick of seeing ppl and celebs wearing jeans as a dress-up item ... whatever happened to wearing a nice shirt with slacks or a skirt, or anything besides your crappy blue cult or seven jeans? (and don't get me started on how ridiculously overpriced those "designer" jeans are)

Yes, it would have to be the heel wedges that I am seeing EVERYWHERE.... Some are okay, but I just don't like most of them- too chunky I think!

I'm so glad from reading your post vikingqueen! Bohemian is a lifestyle not just a fashion trend! So many times i've had to explain that! Well i guess my main dislike would be the animal print. I dont know though aslong as i don't have to wear it i don't mind. Just aslong as the streets aren't filled with Pamela Anderson look-a-likes this summer i'll be happy!

miserylovescompany said:

Em

hehe me neither...now that i think of it. Orange lips:shock: ...if it looks good on ANYBODY go for it....i know it doesnt work for me.

i think orange is actually fine on asian skin...but it needs to be in gloss form, not matte lipstick...
the only thing i hate and dreaded to see its return is the wedge!

I love turqoise ! Can't wait to wear my turqoise top :D but I really hate the Animal prints and the Espadrilles ....Why ??? It looks so awful imo. But I love flat sandales, I have a couple of them and I'm looking forward to wear them again :D

My must hates of summer 2005 are safari clothes (exept for some of the Gucci safari jackets), the cherry LV-bags and and all the LV logo clothes. But I completely disagree about the espadrilles and nauticals, I think they're great for summer!

fashionmistress said:
I just got these flats from Prada. I think they are addorable and they are from her summer collection.
I adore them too.. Fashion should never be too boring. :P

I don't like the floral prints that seem to be everywhere

the funny thing is that in Canada we re always late, the style bohemian/hippie is in style now and everybody is going to start to wear cowboy boots and cute dresses, and i wanted to be orinigal this year!

Just cos I/you "hate" it doesn't mean the rest have to !

"Must Hate" of Summer 2005

We all know what Trends will be put upon us in Summer 2005 - Which one of them do you despise the most?

What`s your "Must Hate" (opposite of "Must have") in Summer 2005? (Colour schemes, Runway Trends, Street Style, Accessoires etc)

My Must Hates are:

-Orange Lips :sick: (Come on, that colour makes NOBODY prettier) (as seen on Miu Miu & Paul Smith Runway)
-Colours: touquise, orange, light-green (not sure about coral yet...)
-Hippie Style
-Flower prints
-Flat Sandals (nobody who weighs over 100 pounds can afford to wear them!)

----
I think the word 'hate' is unnecessary... what's to hate ?! :lol:
Whatever you don't like someone else will ! Don't get judgmental, just state your 'dislikes', alright ??:huh:

I will not follow :
- uneven hems ( seems to be making some sort of comeback Summer 2005, esp. in tops )
- t-shirts with things quoted / written on them
- large prints. Small, I like.
- Shiny/jewelled shoes which are quite nice and cheap-ish ( usually with sequins, beads etc ) ( ie, around $20-40 ) ( I tend to like the more expensive ones, so I usually have to save up for them :wink: )
- Jewelled bags or bags with too much 'hard-ware' on them
- Hobo-style bags
- beaded clutches ( I adore clutches, just not the beaded / shiny ones )

I might be missing a few more...
Other then these, I will make the styles my own ! Like I have done with all the past 'trends' :heart: .

Puffball skirts :blink:
wedge shoes
empire waists :yuk:
nautical theme
cropped pants :sick:

bermuda shorts / tailored shorts / any shorts = no, it only looks good on you if you are stick skinny

flats = no i wont follow the trend.. i love flats, but i just... cant pull them off..
whenever im wearing flats i feel too short / fat... so no flats for me.

im not too into orange lips, however i do like nude lips...

hippie / bohemian style = yes
vintage flower prints = yes

bright colors = HELL yes.. turquoise, orange, lime green, magenta, coral, everything!

chunky beaded necklaces = yes
headbands(miu miu) = yes
nautical sailor theme = yes
wedge shoes = HELL yes :mohawk:
espadrilles = maybe, but mostly no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orange is one of my favorite clothing colors, but I've been doing that one for years.

It looks good on me, and most people don't like to wear orange, so for me, that's just about perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->