The Polo Shirt

cigaretiquette said:
at times I'm actually thankful for living in a trend-******** city like Stockholm. I do wear polos when I need to casualise abit and they are very very comfy.

^^^

When I lived in Sthlm I always felt so UGLY cos everyone is so AWARE of trends, you cant even go to the supermarket without makeup, the coolest jeans and some trendy print on your T-shirt...

emi25 said:
^^^

When I lived in Sthlm I always felt so UGLY cos everyone is so AWARE of trends, you cant even go to the supermarket without makeup, the coolest jeans and some trendy print on your T-shirt...

Where are from orginally, Emi?

Meaning it used to be geeky wearing polos but now is in all guys high street storest.

I blame it on the OC.

Geek chic.

pucci_mama said:
Meaning it used to be geeky wearing polos but now is in all guys high street storest.

I blame it on the OC.

Geek chic.

:sick:

emi25 said:
^^^

Twilight Zone :unsure:

pmsl i hate chavs or as they are called were i live scallies.

LMAO at the pic of those guys. All the popular kids did this at my school. Worn with jeans cuffed, oh-so-casual pony tail and pink lip gloss, pearl studs and boat shoes or flip flops. Logo handbag (LV pochette or similar) optional. For winter, the rugby top (collar up) was also a popular choice. (WHY, WHY, WHY?!?!?!?!?!)

Arturo21 said:
Wait, I thought Swedes were at the epitomy of trendiness? When I went, they all were extremely trendy and compared to Americans, American's looked even worst.

I feel like smacking those tweens with their upturned collars. Especially those in pink Burberry nova-check polos. Urgh!

I quite like my burberry polo! *humph* Mind you, I don't turn up the collar. (yuck)

And you just have to accept that europeans are just more fashionable than Americans.

It is with a very heavy heart that I am resurrecting this thread. The time has come to bow my head down, extend my trembling hand and buy a polo shirt. Yes, I have succumbed, between the office wear policy and the upcoming heat of the New York summer. I need one that looks good with black pants. So, it has to be non-black, and not very dark color in general. It has to have short sleeves (otherwise I'd wear a dress shirt), and fit well. White color is the last choice, but seems like the most feasible (and good looking). Where do I go? What do I do? This is depressing. HELP! SOS! :cry:

^ i know what you mean, got myself two -very plain, classic- polos this season but i dont seem to be wearing them too much to be honest..

as for polos supposed to be a trend this summer, i can see them on boys but they dont seem particularly hot for girls..
opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
This might explain my sudden desire for polo shirts...it's a trend...

I just thought I was getting more conservative (in my old age)

OMG I am so schizo! I was just reading my post from last year...Wow, I seem nuts...Hmm, if the shoe fits...

I did wear that lacoste polo the other day though...BTW...

Last edited by a moderator:
in my opinion, there is nothing sexier than a guy in a nice, tight fitting polo. however, i'm not really a fan of those baggy RL or lacoste ones.

Fade to Black said:
Never been a big fan of polos, i only wear them to play golf in.

I don't play golf, so I don't wear them. :lol:

I'll wear them if my job requires it.

Lena said:
^ i know what you mean, got myself two -very plain, classic- polos this season but i dont seem to be wearing them too much to be honest..

as for polos supposed to be a trend this summer, i can see them on boys but they dont seem particularly hot for girls..
opinions?

they've been a trend for the past couple of years in the US. Hate them on girls (and boys) :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->