Naomi Campbell Strikes Over 'Diamond' Probe' on video

á la Balenciaga

Reaction score
Originally posted Apr 22nd 2010 7:12 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Naomi Campbell's infamous rage unleashed itself again -- when she attacked an ABC News camera after questions about her connection to a "blood diamond."

With her finest b*tch-face in place, the militant model stormed out of an interview with ABC News after the reporter asked about her relationship with former Liberian president Charles Taylor -- who who allegedly gave her a blood diamond.

Prosecutors in a special UN -backed court believe Campbell may have information that could prove Taylor used "blood diamonds" to fuel a campaign of terror in Sierra Leone between 1997 and 2001.

watch interview: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/22/naomi-campbell-abc-news-blood-diamond-hit-charles-taylor-video/#comments#ixzz0lrFvNt6s

made by me.
2zqbhid.gif

tmz.com​

and let's not forget the issue that led to this incident either...the fact that she was faced with the allegation that she was gifted a blood diamond by the former liberian leader. let alone the fact that she might even be friends with this piece of crap guy in the first place. add those to her violent tendencies,she is some kind of something :rolleyes:

the woman really needs a good bit of time in some rehab centre for her anger,not some one or two week excursion.....she's needs real help because it's becoming incessant and quite dangerous to people that might come round her.

lmao ^^ that's awesome
Naomi is ridiculous. always has been, always will be.
get used to it.

I don't blame her for goin the hell off! The reporter probably threw that question in there without okaying it with her people beforehand. Deserved it! :wink:

what's the "blood diamond"? special type of diamond or what? and when that meeting was?

Naomi Campbell lost her cool and angrily knocked away a camera after being quizzed over allegations she was given a 'blood diamond' by the deposed African despot Charles Taylor.
'I didn't receive a diamond and I'm not going to speak about that,' Campbell told ABC News before walking out of an interview and punching the camera in a producer's hand.
Prosecutors in the Hague for the UN-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone say Campbell has refused their requests to be interviewed about the allegations.
Campbell would not answer questions from ABC about her alleged refusal to cooperate with the international criminal tribunal. Her London-based lawyer also declined to comment.
Campbell's alleged receipt of a 'blood diamond' first surfaced after actress Mia Farrow told prosecutors she heard Campbell describe a 'huge diamond' she had received from Taylor.
'You don't forget when a girlfriend tells you she was given a huge diamond in the middle of the night,' Farrow insisted.
Farrow said she and Campbell were both guests at the home of South African president Nelson Mandela while Taylor was also visiting.
She said Campbell described in detail a middle of the night visit from two of Taylor's men.
'She said during the night, some men had knocked at her door and she, half-asleep, had opened the door and it was representatives of President Charles Taylor and that they had given her a huge diamond,' Farrow told ABC News. 'We were like, 'oh my gosh.''
Under cross-examination at the trial, Taylor repeatedly denied he had a large quantity of diamonds or that he sent one to Naomi Campbell.
*monstersandcritics.com

Well, I don't want to defend her hitting that cameraman, but it seemed like she had every right to be angry with the reporter. By what we see the question was definitely not cleared beforehand.

And usually recorded interviews the questions are usually cleared.

what's the "blood diamond"? special type of diamond or what? and when that meeting was?

The term "blood diamond" is used to describe a diamond that's been mined in a war zone - the money gained by selling it goes back into funding that conflict.

It can be hard to trace the source of a diamond. There are industry schemes that aim to give a 'guarantee' that a diamond has not been extracted from a conflict zone, but some people choose to avoid purchasing diamonds altogether in order to make sure they're not participating in the trade for blood diamonds.

Because of her many instances of truly atrocious behaviour, everything she does is now interpreted in a certain way. Her reputation is in such ruins, that if she fell over a camera accidently, it would be reported that she 'rushed at it' and 'lost her balance in the process of kicking it'. I don't find any of it funny. I regret that her choices mean she's become an absurd figure when she could have become so much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->