Naomi Campbell Strikes Over 'Diamond' Probe' on video

The term "blood diamond" is used to describe a diamond that's been mined in a war zone - the money gained by selling it goes back into funding that conflict.

It can be hard to trace the source of a diamond. There are industry schemes that aim to give a 'guarantee' that a diamond has not been extracted from a conflict zone, but some people choose to avoid purchasing diamonds altogether in order to make sure they're not participating in the trade for blood diamonds.

and there is usually a lot that comes from that too. displacing refugees from their villages mostly with force. that's why they call it blood diamonds because it's usually at the expense of bloodshed and more bloodshed. and charles taylor is one of the biggest culprits in the region. if this is true,i couldn't fathom why somebody like naomi campbell would associate herself with one of the most despicable people on the planet.

Last edited by a moderator:
One day she's going to come across someone that's going to give all her rage and abuse right back to her.

displacing refugees from their villages mostly with force.
If only that. Systematic rapes, torture and murders must be added to the list.
It's bad enough that she may have accepted a present from a war criminal, but if she did indeed take the diamond and is now refusing to testify at a trial that may at last make Taylor accountable for (some of) his crimes, then that's even worst.

Even if she's innocent of that latest accusation, she's just a disgusting human being all around. I am always dumbfounded when her fans applaud her appalling behavior and call her a 'fierce diva' or whatever else bulls***.:rolleyes:

that is quite a serious allegation, accepting a blood diamond in the middle of the night, and at nelson mandela'e house no less! and the fact that she had such a strong reaction...

she really does need help, not only for her own benefit but for those around her as well!

^ Oh whatever! Just because Mia~tells frequent lies~Farrow "remembers" hearing something from over a decade ago its ok to treat Naomi like a common thug on trial for murder!?! Get real.... she was just protecting herself incase she was called into trial. No means no....... but i guess that is WAY too classy for ABC news. Especially since I think the interview was taken backstage at her CHARITY FASHION SHOW! Also, didn't this all supposedly happen when she was dealing with personal issues for substances? I wouldn't fault her if she doesn't remember anything from that period. Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really blowing out of proportion.....The Interviewer was suppose to be asking questions about her Charity instead they bombarded her with questions about a trial in which she cannot discuss...So she has the right to get upset and yea right like she really PUNCHED a Metal Camera....She simply brushed it outta of her FACE as it was quite rude to still being trying to capture her on camara after being disrespected by the obnoxious interviewer. Why are people making it seem as if she was the culprit behind the Sierra Leone Massacres....The real questions is Why was the shady character at Mandela's Estate in the first place? We all know that Mandela and Naomi are very close so her being at his house and being in the company of any of his guest is expected...
And even if she accepted a diamond than she's still not at fault for anything except taking a gift from a guy who was secretly doing ill and shady things...Its not like she was conspiring with him on any Illegal Actions!
Majority of you want to make her the blame anyway so she's in a losing battle!
And if she dont want to talk about it then she have the right not to, she shouldnt be harassed for it and called a Monster by the press....

This is really blowing out of proportion.....The Interviewer was suppose to be asking questions about her Charity instead they bombarded her with questions about a trial in which she cannot discuss...So she has the right to get upset and yea right like she really PUNCHED a Metal Camera....She simply brushed it outta of her FACE as it was quite rude to still being trying to capture her on camara after being disrespected by the obnoxious interviewer. Why are people making it seem as if she was the culprit behind the Sierra Leone Massacres....The real questions is Why was the shady character at Mandela's Estate in the first place? We all know that Mandela and Naomi are very close so her being at his house and being in the company of any of his guest is expected...
And even if she accepted a diamond than she's still not at fault for anything except taking a gift from a guy who was secretly doing ill and shady things...Its not like she was conspiring with him on any Illegal Actions!
And if she dont want to talk about it then she have the right not to, she shouldnt be harassed for it and called a Monster by the press....

I do think it's very important to know if she accepted a blood diamond and if she's not helping prosecute a warlord. Any good journalist if given the opportunity to talk to her would enquire about this things, even if she was only prepared beforehand to sprout the usual inanities.

I think as being a journalist, there is a time and place for every question you want answered. Asking something so serious, especially during a charity event which she most likely wanted to promote, I too would have been upset if I was all of a sudden asked a question I do not approve of.

Yes, I guess you can call her a monstrous b*tch for attacking the poor camera equipment, but it's like mentioning past divorces during a rehearsal dinner for your wedding during your wedding wishes for the bride and groom. It's completely unseemly.

If that journalist had any tact then she should have set up a proper interview instead of bombarding her with such a question. She's no better than a paparazzi who will gladly take photos of celebs without them being ready.

honestly what is better than bringing up an allegation as such during something that's about 'charity'...what is so wrong with that? clearly it was to show an underlying hypocrisy about her so-called sense of humanity if these are indeed true,and as a journalist you have to take such things head on even if it is at a fancy event. sorry but the disturbing atrocities in the world do take breaks for champagne toasts. and do any of you really believe she would have taken the question anywhere else anyway...of course not! they never do.

that's very ignorant of you to say that.

sorry but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that this man was committing these acts....the rest of the world certainly did. don't make her out to be so naive. clearly,if this had occurred,for her to accept this diamond as a gift knowing full-well the terrible acts that entailed,she was blinded in her own selfishness. what respectable human being that cares for other humans would accept such a thing? it's disgusting.

i don't care what kind of treasure it is,accepting something at the expense of another's life is a bit disturbing. why do you people think models like lily cole,erin o'connor and others spoke out against de beers?

honestly what is better than bringing up an allegation as such during something that's about 'charity'...what is so wrong with that? clearly it was to show an underlying hypocrisy about her so-called sense of humanity if these are indeed true,and as a journalist you have to take such things head on even if it is at a fancy event.
Thank. You!

I am sorry if it sounds like a personal attack but are her fans totally deluded or what?
"Oh, so you may have accepted a diamond mined by slave labour from a sociopath that is responsible for untold atrocities but hey, let's NOT talk about that. Who cares about such trivial things?"
The journalist was doing his job. If it's rude to ask someone promoting themselves as a humanitarian if they were ever linked to a war criminal, then good manners are seriously overrated.

Oh, and Naomi is allowed to talk about the trial since she has refused to take part in it. And she certainly isn't claiming that she can't remember because of a d***-blackout, she claims it never happened.

Now, I understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty, and this is why I use may/if in conjunction of the accusations, but seeing that her most rabid fans are already making excuses for her in case the accusation have one once of truth really makes me want to give up on humankind.

And no, her reaction doesn't make her a 'monstrous b*tch' but her track record of physically abusing the 'little people' certainly does.

I think as being a journalist, there is a time and place for every question you want answered. Asking something so serious, especially during a charity event which she most likely wanted to promote, I too would have been upset if I was all of a sudden asked a question I do not approve of.

Of course she should have been upset, how could that journalist dare make her face real world problems and war atrocities between the champagne and the canapes. Shocking! :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that Mia--supposedly her friend--would put her on blast like that! Not saying it's right, but there are not many people who would turn down a large diamond someone just gives them.

Of course she should have been upset, how could that journalist dare make her face real world problems and war atrocities between the champagne and the canapes. Shocking! :rolleyes:

No, it's called decorum

Yes Naomi should be asked that question, but it wasn't the time and place.

Would it be appropriate to say that editors hated McQueen's collections when he first started out during his funeral liturgy? Or that sometimes some of his collections were down right student-esque? Puh-leeeeaaassseeee.

I don't doubt that she may know something about the case, but a bigger question would be why Mandela himself would associate with such a person. But no one's asking that since Naomi is the biggest supermodel b*tch in the world and don't want to tarnish Mandela's innocent reputation. Shouldn't he also be "stepping up" according to Farrow.

^ Oh whatever! Just because Mia~tells frequent lies~Farrow "remembers" hearing something from over a decade ago its ok to treat Naomi like a common thug on trial for murder!?! Get real.... she was just protecting herself incase she was called into trial. No means no....... but i guess that is WAY too classy for ABC news. Especially since I think the interview was taken backstage at her CHARITY FASHION SHOW! Also, didn't this all supposedly happen when she was dealing with personal issues for substances? I wouldn't fault her if she doesn't remember anything from that period. Done.

no one is treating naomi like a common thug on trial for murder..lets not get too dramatic here. and i never said what mia said was the aboslute truth, it could very well be made up. i just think for naomi to react so strong to a simple question- a question, not an accusation, not a threat- there has to be something to the story. i mean she punched a camera for goodness sake! and maybe it wasn't the right time to ask the question, but she could have said no, i don't wan't to talk about that instead of flying off the handle.

It's almost as if she wants this 'angry woman' reputation. No one would be that dense to hit such a person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->