Nike by Riccardo Tisci

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
Exclusive: Nike and Riccardo Tisci Announce Collaboration

Look04-099rRVB.jpg

We thought 2013 was a huge year for Riccardo Tisci–what with his CFDA International Award, the Met Gala, and his costumes for the Opera Garnier. But ‘14 is shaping up to be just as big. The Givenchy designer has exclusively revealed to Style.com that he has collaborated with Nike. The fruits of the partnership, which will bear the logo NIKE RT, will arrive in stores and on Nike.com this Spring. “For me, Nike represents a lot: my childhood, America,” Tisci said. “In Europe, America is the flag, McDonald’s, Marlboro, and Nike, for a kid it’s very important.” The respect goes both ways. “We were impressed by his vision,” Ian Ginoza, Nike’s Global Footwear Director, said. “I personally wear some of the t-shirts; that’s something that Riccardo does well, blurring the lines with street fashion.”

Neither Tisci nor Nike went into detail about the categories represented in the collaboration, but it’s safe to say that footwear will be a major part of it. Tisci has worn the same style of Nikes for 16 years. “When I got the call, it sounded so strong, so perfect for my DNA. It’s a big honor for me, especially because they’re always working with sports people,” he continued. Nike has partnered with the likes of the industrial designer Mark Newsom, the artist Tom Sachs, and (infamously) Kanye West, but it rarely collaborates with fashion designers. “I couldn’t bring them technology, instead I brought my style, what people like me for and what the young generation follows me for,” Tisci added. So what does it all look like? “It’s strong without being loud,” Tisci promised.
style

i'm surprised it took so long, to-be-honest

I doubt any of the items will be relevant to my interests, but i'm still very curious to see what they came up with

Well, t-shirts and street clothes are what he seems to do best.

Now it all comes full circle! I am pleased.

i understand the boots ones (that i find to be absolutely horrible) will retail for 225 dollars.

AF1 are the only sneakers i wear (when i have to), and the time has come to get a new pair, so i'm seriously tempted by the low ones, but i wonder what those will cost / where this collection will be available etc. I'm honestly underwhelmed anyway. i thought there'd be more to it (eg clothes, more variety etc)

the sneakers look so bad, like the shoes people at my high school would make fun of you for wearing because they look cheap. that color combo is no bueno

following in the footsteps of rick owens and raf's collabs with adidas. all the criticism raf got for his…these look a heluva lot more pathetic. but i'm sure all the label slaves will drone on about how wonderful they are.

Oh god, first the Basketball mens collection and now a sneaker line, lord save us.

I thought this has a strong business case since Nike seems to be losing some businesses to Adidas, new balance, asiscs ROTC recently by being very quiet in the recent years, but the shoes looks really bad, lot worse than regular Nikes and look like those that will end up in the heavily discounted bins eventually. Sad, since I was excited when the news first came out. Let's perhaps wait for the tees.

Haha, they literally look like nothing. Design seems so out of place and unfinished... Not much you can pair them with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->