No Facial Cleanser No Shampoo - Doing Without

Virginielle

Reaction score
I recently spent some time in the hospital and didn't wash my face for several days. Maybe it's whatever they put into the IV or something, but my skin is looking terrific. Sometimes I feel like we spend too much time on our skin and that leaving it alone is the best way to calm it down. My mum always says that the less you do to yourself, the better. (The only reason that might have some validity is because she's a mother, not a dermatologist or a genius or anything like that.)

Anyone agree with this?

i totally agree, when i was 14 i was spending my days ion front my mirror washingand cleanign and blablabla... a year after i got sick of it and since then my skin has NO PROBLEM... like i don't have the enormous hurt spots and all :blush: i think the more we touch the skin, the more it gets like infection (spot) due to the microbs...

I definitely agree. I noticed that the more I start scrubbing, cleaning and messing with my skin, the more it freaks out. Now I try to only clean it when I went to a party, out on the city, etc.
I think that cleaning from the inside (enough water, not too much 'bad' food) and spending time outside or in the sun works better than cleaning it so much it doesn't have the time to relax.

I don't know. Mixed feelings.

Sure that leaving your skin alone can be beneficial, however washing your face at night shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

Plus shaving, that's a completely different story too.

I have mixed feelings too. I mean, I agree that obsessing with the face can turn out to be more pain that gain...but then again, there ARE some standarts that need to be followed.

yeah ity's true that you CANNOT never wash your face and expect it to be perfect, to wash your face in the morning (only with water) and in the evening (putting some cream in order to avoid dryness) is the main thing, i think?

I have actually heard that your face really gets used to the creams you use, so if you always put on cream in the morning and in the evening, and then all of a sudden want to go out in the morning with no cream, you face might become more dry than it was in the beginning. I wonder if it's true.....

And yes, I think washing your face twice a day is something that ought to be done :smile:

If you wear makeup then washing your face is a MUST. I think this summer I will wear as little as possible and just rinse my face in the shower and follow up with regular moisturizer. It'll be nice to not spend so much time messing with my skin and having it rebel back at me.

Wearing a lot of make-up in the summer is a bit annoying too....specially if it's really hot!! I try to wear as little as i can too.

I agree with you all as well, the less you touch it the better it will look.
Esp if youre like me- dry skin.
I used to use a facial brush... and my skin turned CRAZY!

i never wera make up, and when i do i look like totally different, i do'nt nwat people to get used to a pretty celine :rolleyes:

What if your face gets used to your cleanser?

Then maybe you would need to switch, which would be a pain in the neck because you have to try new products until you find a good one.

[font=&quot]Shaving in the morning
and
washing your face, using a toner and a moisturizer at night
shouldn't be problem.
[/font]

I totally agree. I had mild acne in junior high and I can remember trying dozens of different skin treatments and products. They either made my face worse or did nothing. I feel silly thinking about all the money spent on skin products. I just rinse my face in the morning and before I go to bed now with water or Evian mist. My skin has never looked better.

I think you're just being lucky girl. I know a lot of people who just do nothing to their face, and the skin is in pretty awful condition.

I tried once not using any facial wash, moisturizer or toner for like 2 weeks and ended up with millions of whiteheads.

So never again for me. I guess it depends on your skin type.

This is totally true. Whenever I pass out somewhere (this happens once in a blue moon :lol:), I wake up in the morning not having washed my face or anything, and my skin is better. Too bad I can't seem to make a habit out of leaving it alone on a regular basis. :doh:

^well alex, maybe you should just up the crazy partying!!

aahahaha.

I don't wash my face very well.. and uhh yeah, it doesnt work for me.

when i was on accutane i rarely used any type of cleanser, just warm water. Now i try to use a cleanser at night and just water in the morning.

and my skin looks good-scrubbing is no good for sensitive skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olddonut616
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->