No Facial Cleanser No Shampoo - Doing Without

Well... I think you can do this if you don't wear a lot of makeup. But if you wear concealer and bronzer and coverup and blush (I really don't actually know much about makeup at all, so feel free to correct me), I don't think it's going to work as well. You can get major skin problems if you wear lots of makeup and don't wash.

Oh yeah, I guess that'd be a problem for girls wearing makeup. :lol:

Try not to be too grossed out:

I had surgery on Monday and haven't been able to shower yet due to dressings. It's now Thursday. I haven't washed my face yet. Actually I haven't done anything to it---no lotion, no makeup, no anything. It looks better than it has in a long time. It's possible I'm at a transitional point in my life during which my teenage skin problems are over and my 20 year old skin is at peace with itself. That'd be terrific, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I don't dare leave it alone, what if it gets worse, then It'll take a long time to get it to look as it does now...:unsure:

i like washing my face in the morning, love the feeling of plain water on my skin and anyway i dont wear make up so i can get lazy at night if i feel to..
best wash is chanel's moose (dont remember the name) comes in a 'biggish' white tube with, great product. washing with this can get so addictive, you wouldnt want to skip..

i agree that skin gets used to hydrating protection, i always put my cream on right after washing (plain water or chanel mousse) i take a day off facecream almost once a week, i have the illusion that this helps skin reacting better to my daily routine :wink:

I´ve read somewhere that french older women (who tend to have great skin) do not use any soapy stuff in the face. Just cleansing creams and maybe a rinse of water when showering, and that... just once a day.

I practised that and my skin improved a lot.
When I used soapy cleansers (even the milder ones) my skin ended up being tight and then you compensate with moisturiser...and then the problem begins.
In the morning I shower and I put some water to my face to refresh and then I put some moisturiser and sun protection and makeup.
At night I take everything off with a creamy makeup remover with a cotton ball and then I end up with a creamy cleanser (like cethaphil).

I think most people overdo the cleaning of the face as it could get as dirty as hands or feet can. Advertising insists too much with the cleaning and we become over jealous with it. One thing that is important is keeping hands OFF the face, cos hands tend to be dirty (even if you wash them 10 times a day) because they touch things that are dirty. I think it would be cleverer to keep dirty things away from the face instead of overdoing the cleaning after the damage is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think at the end it really depends on the person. although i agree that obsessing over your face and putting 10 different solutions each and every part of your face can't be good for your skin, but people just have different skin and some needs more care than other.

one of my best friend never washes his face with anything but water to freshen up. even after doing sports, he just rinses it out with water and his skin is perfect. no blemishes, no acne, and it looks healthy.

i never used moisturizer until i came here to a 4-season country. i used to live near the equator with humidity hovering at 80% every day. ever since i got here i have to use moisturizer on my face or it'll dry off. as with facial cleanser, sometimes i just wash my face with water and it works for the first or second day, but on the third day a pimple or what would become a pimple will appear.

so, i giving your facial skin a break from your regimen would actually help it, but at then end, you'd most likely still need to take care of it.

I've never been a huge face-washer, other than for a quick rinse in the shower (I know, this is evil if it's hot water). I've never had acne, I don't have large pores, and I don't have blotches... I guess I've never found a reason to regularly use a cleanser. I have, in recent years, however, become keen on using moisturizer and lotion on my face, as well as scrubs for exfoliation.

Lena said:
best wash is chanel's moose (dont remember the name) comes in a 'biggish' white tube with, great product. washing with this can get so addictive, you wouldnt want to skip..

Système Éclat - La mousse? It's gotten rave reviews in some beauty tests afaik.

yes, thats the one tott :wink:
there is also systeme purifie -or something like that- but its for more 'oily-mixture' skins, i prefer the eclat one :heart:
have you tried it?

I agree! I stopped using products on my skin in febuary, right before I went to Paris in March and my skin has never looked better. I use no products on my skin and when I do wash it its just with water.

Virginielle, that might be work now, maybe within a few days you will feel that you need to clean your skin.

Also, your skin changes all the time, in fact every 28 days (approx) the skin on your face renews itself, so your skin will have different needs at different times.

That's why the skin on your face doesn't always get used to the same products, because it literally changes almost constantly.

Yes, I sometimes don't wash my face just to relax and calm it down... it is a good idea!

Massage your face with face creams, then wash with water...., cool feeling afterwards. Always put moisturizer and massage gently, it will absorb soon into your skin. Your face will get thier elasticity and look healthy.

Lena said:
yes, thats the one tott :wink:
there is also systeme purifie -or something like that- but its for more 'oily-mixture' skins, i prefer the eclat one :heart:
have you tried it?

Haven't tried it, but I'm tempted... But I'm also very pleased with the Shiseido men cleanser, so I don't feel stressed to find something else.

havent tried the Shiseido men clenser myself tott, so i cant say :D

Lena said:
havent tried the Shiseido men clenser myself tott, so i cant say :D
You should, I tried it last night and this morning.
Second to none, I always thought Clinique had the best cleansers.

The Shiseido cleanser, the mousse one by the Skincare Range is just Fabulous!!! :D

I also like Purity Made Simple by Philosophy. Smells like earth and leaves the skin really smooth without drying it.

By the way, in another beauty forum i have also heard a similar story about the non cleansing subject, except this time it was for hair...belargh!!!
Even though people rave about this stuff i hate to feel dirty and not having a fresh scent on my body. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xjx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->