NY Times snubbed by Herrera

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Another Shutout

Tuesday, February 06, 2007
By Amy Wicks
For the second consecutive season, reporters at The New York Times were not invited to cover Carolina Herrera's show. On Monday morning, Cathy Horyn informed her readers that she had a little extra time to blog, since Herrera has continued her ban. Trip Gabriel, style editor, told WWD that, "we're disappointed Mrs. Herrera doesn't want our reporters to cover her collections." Meanwhile, Phoebe Gubelmann, director of communications for the designer, was also tight-lipped. "They were not there because they were not invited."

wwd.com

Why exactly were they not invited? I am curious as to what could have happened to gain a ban.

welcome to the ugly side of fashion.................

Well if I may be honest, Horyn honestly didn't miss much.....

hahaha! I love it. So much bitchiness! People think they own everything, but all they do is write. Some people think they control the world, but all they do is make clothes...it's so intriguing!!

JJohnson said:
hahaha! I love it. So much bitchiness! People think they own everything, but all they do is write. Some people think they control the world, but all they do is make clothes...it's so intriguing!!

Word. B)

what exactly had happened? a bad comment on one of her shows? she could surely take it, right? i mean, everyone should be open to critique, more or less....

well,carolina always seems to have this attitude that she should have everyone bow to her.

that's the problem. remember when suzy menkes wrote some criticism about Galliano at Dior,a couple years ago,she was made to retract her opinions and on the collection and apologise because i suppose conglomerate LVMH threatened to ban her also. I can't remember all the details but i know she had to apologise. it's really the biggest problem within the fashion ind. It's all being dictated now. and you really have to play kissy face with everybody to get anywhere. when you're dealing with corporate designers,you're no longer allowed to have an honest opinion about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJohnson said:

Amen :rolleyes: well said

^It's ridiculous that critics can't criticize! So every time someone gets a bad review they throw a hissy fit? how are people supposed to grow if no one is telling them they did anything wrong! so spoiled

isn't style.com banned from Dolce and Gabbana? They were last season

ego maniacs,masquerade. i agree. personally i would welcome criticism with open arms. you learn from it,i think.

So Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, and now Herrera? I really had no idea this happened so often. It made quite a fuss when Style.com couldn't go to Dolce's show. But should we blame the designers or their publicists, PR people, etc?

Scott said:
well,carolina always seems to have this attitude that she should have everyone bow to her.

that's the problem. remember when suzy menkes wrote some criticism about Galliano at Dior,a couple years ago,she was made to retract her opinions and on the collection and apologise because i suppose conglomerate LVMH threatened to ban her also. I can't remember all the details but i know she had to apologise. it's really the biggest problem within the fashion ind. It's all being dictated now. and you really have to play kissy face with everybody to get anywhere. when you're dealing with corporate designers,you're no longer allowed to have an honest opinion about them.

that's absurd, whatever happened to freedom of speach? I guess that happens more than often not just with NYtimes, therefore I shouldn't be so judgemental to those reporters that write something positive or babble about how amazing a show was, when in fact it was a piece of doo doo.

when you have an extremely steady business making oodles of money from wealthy and more "senior" clients whose tastes don't exactly change with the times, you start to think that you do not need those anti-establishment liberals from the press. :innocent:

ilaughead said:
So Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, and now Herrera? I really had no idea this happened so often. It made quite a fuss when Style.com couldn't go to Dolce's show. But should we blame the designers or their publicists, PR people, etc?

i'm sure carolina herrera herself had nothing to do with this! it must be a PR desition based on studies they make on how were past collections reviewed and graded. She's the designer not the advertiser...

(it could only be herrera's desition if the journalist had really done something to her :o ... this is like a blend of cheap Sherlock Holmes and Big Brother!! it makes me be so curious about it!!:woot:)

Scott said:

maybe we should know what did she say exactly... journalists can be very rude! and they think they are Gods too who can say whatever they want without caring what the consequences may be!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->