Press not invited to shows due to previous bad reviews

melt977 said:
Hope that this is posted on the right section. If not, please feel free to remove it.

From fashionweekdaily.com

Apparently unless you give a rave review you won't be invited to the next show of the label...:ninja:
I can't blame some of the designers not wanting to invite critics to rip the designs they've toiled over. I'm sure you could always view the lines in WWD and other places.

Well someone has to critisize the collection, not everything makes one say "OMG THIS IS AMAZING"

if the press does not like it then just not inviting them isnt going to sovle the problem... they should just deal with it

I watched the Dolce and Gabanna show on their website and if they had invited Sara Mower she would have ripped them to shreds. It was awful, tacky and plastic looking. Perhpas then knew they had a crap show :wink: hehe

sarah13 said:
I watched the Dolce and Gabanna show on their website and if they had invited Sara Mower she would have ripped them to shreds. It was awful, tacky and plastic looking. Perhpas then knew they had a crap show :wink: hehe

:lol:

:blink:

ITALY'S BIG HITTERS HIT BACK: SICK of her "slanderous criticism", both Armani and Dolce & Gabbana have banned New York Times fashion editor Cathy Horyn from future shows. "I accept criticism but not idiocy," railed Armani. "What she published was bullsh*t."
vogue.co.uk

fullfrontal said:
What good are reviews if they aren't honest?

Truly. How far does this go? Without press reviews people may turn to - shock - forums and blogs - and how do you prevent bad reviews from people who haven't attended the shows?:shock:

The only thing designers have control over is the collections they design. If they don't like bad reviews they should design better collections :angry: and stop using stupid gimmicks like snow at their shows.

I think sometimes the line is blurred between what is done tastefully and hurtfully and that it can often be hard for the designers to understand the difference.

I have heard of this happening before even in smaller markets like fashion week here. Generally people suck up to the designers, but when one person dares to point out inconsistencies, the brands get very haughty. In fact, I may even get into trouble for some reviews Ive done...:ninja:

mishahoi said:
I have heard of this happening before even in smaller markets like fashion week here. Generally people suck up to the designers, but when one person dares to point out inconsistencies, the brands get very haughty. In fact, I may even get into trouble for some reviews Ive done...:ninja:
This is so true - second city fashion weeks (tho Tokyo is hardly a second city, I mean cities that aren't the big 4 fashion capitals)

Here in Canada if you criticise a Canadian designer it is considered traitorous. I get so sick of reading syncophantic, diplomatic reviews. There's a reason why most fashion journalism has no credibility.

Don't stop Mishahoi - as someone said before honest press encourages better design and if the prima donnas can't swallow that... well, they're basically admitting they can't do any better.

Well, tell the PR people at Dolce & Gabbana that they should invite me and the other fashion bloggers who aren't recognised and considered as non-existant because we always give good reviews on your collections season after season just for the sake of front row seat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->