Press not invited to shows due to previous bad reviews

I find this to be petty and completely ridiculous. Everyone needs a bit of constructive criticism. Some of these designers think far too much of themselves. :huh:

And if this Mower woman works for Anna, then they should just shut Dolce out of their editorials for a while.[/quote]

Frankly...that would be sweet. No Dolce editorial forever!! But I think Vogue is above that and would not bring themselves that low to their level. It's called Professionalism!!

Add that to your vocab Dolce!

:heart:

I think its negative to have designer or mags up on their white horses like golden rams or whatever ...

I guess that the designers are getting BIG egos with all the BIG shows and reviews ... no one is flawless -and most of their shows are far from it-

tricotineacetat said:
Funny, I always enjoyed reading Sarah Mower's reviews due to her refreshing, pragmatic view on fashion. Most of what she is writing makes perfect sense to me, and that Tisci RTW debut at Givenchy, it simply looked painful and hardly wearable with those VERY high waists and tightest of tight waists.

but thats discussing one element of the collection. she didnt discuss the beautiful preportion, the great black dresses and pants the lilac skirt's waist wasent so high and it was incredeble.what about the the satin gown ?
if you look at the first 5 looks of a collection and write your review its no good. and as for the hard to wear element. everyone has been so focused on is it easy to wear the last 6 seasons and i just have to say im tired of it putting women in these tops and dresses that make them look 9 months pregnant and calling it Volume is not chic if you go back in history of fashions have been hard to wear some even painful but thats the price of beauty sometimes. so i say if you want easy to wear go shopping at a Texas walmart not at a French Coture house.

Honestly I'm not shocked, this has been done so many times before. As someone else mentioned, Menkes was banned from LVMH shows by Bernard Arnault himself for ripping on Galliano's Arabic-inspired s/s 02 collection.

Dolce is not the first, nor will they be the last.

And I'm pretty sure that Sarah Mower has nothing to do with Anna Wintour, as she's an editor for Style.com, not Vogue.

Spike413 said:
Honestly I'm not shocked, this has been done so many times before. As someone else mentioned, Menkes was banned from LVMH shows by Bernard Arnault himself for ripping on Galliano's Arabic-inspired s/s 02 collection.

Dolce is not the first, nor will they be the last.

And I'm pretty sure that Sarah Mower has nothing to do with Anna Wintour, as she's an editor for Style.com, not Vogue.

wow! thats horrible! :o

i think it's important to have constructive critcism , but i guess some designers are so sensitive, but not every collection will fabolous, like Louis Vuitton's lastest peices, ewwwww... ( but thats my opinion)^_^

Press not invited to shows due to previous bad reviews .....

and this is why i have said before people in a highly creative environment are superficial and egotistical. Yup, I said this on the career thread when a question was asked, "Do people in Fashion superficial?" or in that regard. :innocent:

We're talking of million euro egos fueled in an aesthetically pleasing environment.

Do I need to say more?

NEXT TIME............We should give them Simon Cowell....hahaha.......

OH MY GOD! i can not believe they acted soo childishly!
it is just a a couple of lines critisising part of your show (NOT EVEN YOUR COLLECTION imo!!!)
i can not understand this, serioustly! what are they gonna do? just uninvite anyone who doesnt say their collection was PERFECT!
this sort of behavior makes me angry!

well people i think we are forgeting what a mower review can do for a label bad review means many people wont even visit the stores to see the peices to make up their own minds and millions in lost revenue i think fashion critics should be taken as seriously as movie critics see it / trying for ur self and make up your mind sarah mower is not god.

Those D&G reviews are nothing ... the style.com reviewer (Phelps??) savaged Chloe's last collection from the in-house team, completely unfairly, I thought ... did they get an invite to Chloe??

I'm also surprised at Carolina ... don't know what Cathy said, but shutting her out is not what I would have expected from Carolina, otherwise seemingly the walking definition of class :huh:

AGiles said:
so i say if you want easy to wear go shopping at a Texas walmart not at a French Coture house.

Ouch :doh:

I would speculate that Wal-mart clothes are actually quite difficult to wear ... cheap, poorly made, fit models, what's that??? :huh: :innocent:

fashionista-ta said:
Ouch :doh:

I would speculate that Wal-mart clothes are actually quite difficult to wear ... cheap, poorly made, fit models, what's that??? :huh: :innocent:

they sell sweat pants and mom jeans at walmart i hear they are comfortable.
lol

i wasnt attacking you personally im just so tired of all of these over relaxed looks we are almost back to those tacky track suits.

if any journalist can't write of what she felt, then what is review to us reader? It's through their eyes we see the world. We wanted a personal perspective and honesty reports not some copy writer works.....or rather, or even perhaps we should just read whatever press kit were given out from the fashion house.

Lame!
But if writing a good, however false, review to get into a show...then I'll begin to write my head off. :lol:

Salvatore said:
Lame!
But if writing a good, however false, review to get into a show...then I'll begin to write my head off. :lol:

oh sal.... so anyways, Menkes cannot go to any shows owned by LVMH? Wow thats like almost everything! Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Pucci, Vuitton, Kenzo, Celine, and so on....wow...how scary..

I guess we will just have to form our own opinions of the shows, rather than waiting for sarah mower to tell us what our opinion is...:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->