Sick of 'IT' Bags? Favorite Non-Designer (Gucci, LV, etc) Bags?

SiennaInLondon said:
Most of the bags posted here are as ugly as the Balenciaga motorcyle.

That was me trying to prove that expensive and cheap bags can all be awful (those examples are my opinion) and that there was some justification in a good quality bag -just not if you are only buying it because Jessica Simpson had it.

Fine, I just saw your post as rude, there are ways to go about everything, not being so outspoken like you.

You have every right to not like the Balenciaga bags, or any other bag for that matter, is how you came forward, as those bags being ugly-and your opinion being the right one.

That was the way I saw it anyway.

But, let's agree to disagree. :flower:

SiennaInLondon said:
But that's the most idiotic thing I ever heard. People on TFS 'slag off' (not a term I usually like to use :flower:) my favourite designers, my favourite celebrities, my favourite food or whatever and I don't get insulted. They are called opinions. I personally find it rude that you've launched this little attack on no provocation.

ESPECIALLY as I was defending 'It' bags.

This thread was started because people didn't see the point of 'it' bags and I was saying how popularity isn't something to aspire to, but if a bag is better made and the quality can't be matched then that is fine. I think that of the Mulberry Phoebe even though I don't own it.

I am not only sick of the popularity, I am sick of the price tag. I find it obscene to spend so much money on a handbag. I just think it is wrong and I am within my rights to think that.

Well I'm sorry if my intentions were lost in translation :flower:

Anyway I was just looking at the Betsey Johnson bags someone reccomended and they are quite nice! (no Mulberry Phoebe though :P)

Im sorry too. :flower:

I agree it's hard to find any decent bag that isen't designer or an 'it-bag' for that matter. :(

I like it! If all bags were amazing, how hard would it be to stand out :lol: It means the compliments start rolling in when you get the bag of your dreams. Sometimes the only way out is vintage. There was this cool bag on eBay last week that had a built in old fashioned phone on the front in working condition. I am so cross I missed the auction. Not sophisticated maybe but unique? Totally!

Attachments

• Telephone Purse.JPG
    Telephone Purse.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
SiennaInLondon said:
I like it! If all bags were amazing, how hard would it be to stand out :lol: It means the compliments start rolling in when you get the bag of your dreams. Sometimes the only way out is vintage. There was this cool bag on eBay last week that had a built in old fashioned phone on the front in working condition. I am so cross I missed the auction. Not sophisticated maybe but unique? Totally!
Sienna, that old fashioned phone bag is TOTALLY unique! I :heart: it!!! Karma to you for posting the pic! :flower:

haha, if I'm wearing this bag I could probably *fool* those handphone fanatics :woot: 2-in-1! Purse w mobile phone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently become obssessed with Gustto's most recent bag introductions: (pics from shopbop.com and activeendeavors.com and gustto.com)

Attachments

• AED12070.jpg
    AED12070.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
  • gustt1000115365_201x396.jpg
    gustt1000115365_201x396.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3
  • gustt1000215365_201x396.jpg
    gustt1000215365_201x396.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3
  • gustt1000512156_201x396.jpg
    gustt1000512156_201x396.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MG_4362.jpg
    MG_4362.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
And here are some by another designer with cool bags, moni moni (pics from monimonigirl.com)

Attachments

• 3176 Savana p grey.jpg
    3176 Savana p grey.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 3173 chocolate.jpg
    3173 chocolate.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 3174 cappuccino.jpg
    3174 cappuccino.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 4
i really like that last one, the greyish toned one....

....but i think there may already be a thread like this one....

I'm also looking for non-designer bags. I'd love a new and upcoming designer if anyone has any thoughts!

Some names to think about:

Aaneta

Dutchy

Miel-accessories

Tano (although they have been around for ages, actually)

Almas

Elisa Atheniense

Blur Leather

Flavio Olivera

Emily by Emily

Rachel Nasvik

Tylie Malibu

You can find their bags on sites like lunaboston.com, pinkmascara.com, activeendeavors.com, bagshop.com, revolveclothing.com etc. Some of these designers have their own website - make interesting browsing :D

1) Aaneta Large Cleopatra
http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=3458&pfid=AED10341

2) Dutchy
http://www.frostingfashions.com/Catalog/ProductSelection.aspx?ProductID=4f9c78f1-1ba9-44b5-99a8-96ff79abb465

3) Flavio Olivera
http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=3107&pfid=AED10655

4) Almas

http://store.sophiebags.com/work-handbag-1335.html

5) Elisa Atheniense
http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=4145&pfid=AED11372

http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=3107&pfid=AED10655

*Please see tFS guidelines*

Attachments

• Aaneta Cleopatra Activeendeavors.jpg
    Aaneta Cleopatra Activeendeavors.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Dutchy Teal Nan Day Bag frostingfashions.jpg
    Dutchy Teal Nan Day Bag frostingfashions.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Almas Leather Handbag sophiebags.jpg
    Almas Leather Handbag sophiebags.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 330
  • Elisa Atheniense Studded Double Pocket Messenger revolveclothing.jpg
    Elisa Atheniense Studded Double Pocket Messenger revolveclothing.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 331
  • Flavio Olivera Drea activeendeavors.jpg
    Flavio Olivera Drea activeendeavors.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the info! I actually own a Dutchy and a Tanoand don't prefer Tylie (totally played out here in Texas) - but I'm stoked to check out the other lines!!! Thanks again! yipppeeeeee
hugs

FashnVictim, you're welcome. There's a cool site, grechenscloset which has a search engine which can be pretty damaging to your wallet :D

http://directory.grechenscloset.com/

You can search for onlist listings of designers as well as boutiques selling their bags. Not every single designer is included, of course - that would be an impossible task.

I've read good feedback about Tano (as well as Dutchy) - what's your opinion of the leather? Thanks.

cool thankx! i dig the crossbones one in the tan and dk. brown leather

A few more names

and please, let me know what you think of these designers as I am trying to figure out the best lines to carry in my store. THANKS!!!

Hayden-Harnett

Anna Corrina

Lolli

Andrea Brueckner

Charlott Vasberg

Thomas Wylde

Hi libby bee, I am a browser, not a buyer, but here's my two cents' worth:

Vote for:

Hayden-Harnett

What about Gerard Darel bags - any plans to carry GD bags?

How about Tano?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->